Completed Report against Falcor

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Xproplayer, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Falcor
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    linked
    Your Steam ID:
    linked
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    na
    Which Round:
    na
    Time of Occurence:
    na
    Reason For Report:
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Since every single time I write a nice long post explaining my side of things people seem to ignore it and only read what they want to read, let's keep it simple this time.

I love that you gravedig a forum post from November of 2014 when I started playing in Feb of 2015, now exactly am I supposed to have seen that hmm? Regardless, everyone seems to assume I am ONLY getting karma banned due to killing innos for traitorous acts. No one is considering that my weapon is a 1 shot kill and I accidentally crossfire people very often, and the fact that I can defend myself against people trying to RDM myself. If this ban is upheld, how am I supposed to play when I get back? Stop using the HKSL8 so that I don't accidentally crossfire kill people otherwise I'm going to get global banned??? Stop having such good reaction time and let innos kill me???

PMing people to RTV, I believe I PM'd people 4 times across 15 minutes, that is not "spam", and I asked for 2 maps to be changed while you use the word "MULTIPLE" map changes, during the first rtv session 3 people complained while the rest RTV'd (Since RTV is a voting system!) then the next map 1 more person complained, this is on a 30+ server, so two maps and 4 pms means that I'm spamming and harassing in Falor and Winks eyes. Total BS

Then once again Falcor tries to pretend that she was there when I was told to stop RTVing in the past, I was told to stop during that session only. There is no written rule anywhere about asking people to RTV nor was their a majority of the server expressing distaste nor was there "multiple" map changes, it was 2. If 4 people are allowed to force the entire server to stop RTVing, let's just go ahead and remove the whole plugin right?

But according to you the ban was about karma bans mostly, yet no one has even taken the time to consider why the karma bans are there. It's like walking into a room and seeing someone holding a gun, maybe I just killed someone, maybe I'm cleaning it before safely securing it? Everyone is judging the karma bans by their cover. I have footage that shows that the times I got karma banned there were plenty other people I could have killed also for being GBA / unid bodies but I only kill the ones that I believe have a chance of being a traitor.

TL;DR 4 PMs are not spam, 2 map changes is not harassing, karma bans can have other explanations behind them besides "oh this kids clearly rdming everyone and / or bending the rules and killing everyone"​

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hey @Xproplayer,

Thanks for taking the time to file another report. I will be commenting here as I am the banning party in the denied linked appeal, and the reported party in the invalid linked report.

I'll address the 'five main points' of your last report:

Point 0: Yes, your gameplay shows malice for the reasons I presented in the linked appeal and report. A primary example is how you incite an !rtv, which involves !pming every player in the process. There's two problems with this, the first being it took several repeated grievances to be aired from a party/parties to get blacklisted from mass pm list, showing me you cannot easily/refused to remove her for some time before you got around to it, knowing ever !rtv message her way was unwelcomed in the meantime she was still on it. This is just an example of a problem with someone feeling unwelcomed to the pm system, as multiple people over mic express relative discontent to the system and should of been black listed as well.

The other problem is your relative refusal to acknowledge the fact that typing in chat IS easier, you just refuse to do it. Your slightly more round about method to typing it in dead/alive chat is harder to execute, but you know it is more effective as it is able to reach every party at once: alive, dead, and spectator. This roundabout to the system can be seen as distracting to alive players if you use it while dead, as they are still focused on their gameplay rather than the map they are on, unwelcomingly distracting them in a tradeoff for a more effective method.

Point 1: Honestly jumped the gun and covered a bit of this in point 0. You seem opposed to the notion of just having a rtv keybind like most players do. If there is a staff member on, they should be punishing if a player uses 10-100 instances of that bind during a short duration, as it spam. On the topic of spam, your keybinds/macros also spam the chat towards the end of a match to whatever map you want, to a degree that every staff member should warning for how repetitive it is within a short time frame.

On the terms of the player/players being bothered by your actions: It takes one person taking offence for things like micspam and harassment for a staff member to intervene. You don't seem to understand this: It's not a 'majority' thing has your notion is at the moment. If 1 player doesn't like something directed at them (which pms are!) you need to knock it off or face the consquences. These four players aren't trying to dictate the gameflow/gameplay of the server; they are simply trying to play and are annoyed by one person trying to dictate the gameflow/gameplay of the server.

Point 2: See Point 1.

Point 3: Yes, we acknowledge you are attempting to turn a new leaf and have had relative success in the past months. However, the bans have no SoL for a reason. As an administrator, I can look back at your previous ban appeals for these offenses of loopholing and the such and compare the offences and see if they hold merit. I went through several of your loop-holing appeals to see how similiar/different your game-play is nowadays, and you seemed to evolve from killing people from vague t acts occurring elsewhere to killing just inside the lines of rules and getting karma ban for your kills. You claim your game play is on another level and I will never understand, but they are players who play on a 'similiar' level with a similar number of hours and are still able to avoid getting 'excessively karma banned'. This evolution of gameplay is clear as day, from loopholing plainly to your current style of gameplay, which is why you used your history as a factor of this ban.

Another side note here: History does seem to repeat itself with you the appealing process. You tend to attempt to take things to the highest party possible and won't stand down until you see the words directly out of their mouth.

Point 4: I do understand why you feel like we are making a blanket statement. But your history does contain two karma bans on the same day in past two months, something that looks familiar on another appeal. This appeal was a much different scenario, sure, but the fact still remains you were excessively karma banned with the last two months, and I don't think external newfound friendships should have an affect and obstruct you from the 'right punishment'. This ban was well discussed within the administration, and we did take everything into account for. I'm sadden you don't see that at this point.

On another note:

You have to keep in mind several things yesterday. Yes, I was the banning party and did tell you to take it to the forums, as it would be a more appropriate place to discuss the whole ordeal since it was a decision of the administration. I did have all my evidence at the ready, but I had to ensure a few things before I posted and that took some time, as well as typing the appeal denial which took an hour or so. I figured you were offline so I could talk to you in the morning after denying it, but you hit me up on steam a few minutes later. I'm a man of my word, and sat through your 30 minute rapid interrogation while I was attempting to get ready to go out. I could of handled ending it better and told you to talk to me in the morning, but you seemed to be questioning my authority to make these decisions so I redirected you to my lead admin.

If there's one thing I could change, was holding off the denial and allowing you to respond after I posted my evidence. Based off what I've seen in the fallout of my failing to do this, I don't think the verdict would of changed.

Since this is @Falcor's report, I'll be taking my leave. Have a nice Saturday.

-wink

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Your entire justification for the RTV side is that I pm'd people 4 times and encouraged the map to change twice, and you seem to be oblivous to the fact that when I say I will hit an rtv keybind 10-100 times, I'm exaggerating, but the thing is those are spread out across several rounds. It is hard to have everyone see that which is why I chose the PM system, if Highwon wants to say that he would rather people NOT pm for things like an RTV, then fine. But the fact is I disagree with your verdict and Falcors verdict, in the past I have never taken something to highwon before.

As for history, history is something to CONSIDER, the way you paint it. As a NEW admin you decided to check my history and notice that I had bans, guess that means I'm guilty until proven innocent right, people can't change right?

If you were sooooo busy last night, you should have stated when we could have talked. But in reality I believe you know that I had you backed into a corner as I was taking apart your claims piece by piece and you didn't want to appear weak as a NEW admin so you pushed it back to the forums where you can post these walls of text and hide behind discretion and a lead admin instead of considering the point at hand.

As for having a lot of karma bans, I left my job on January 25th, since then I have been unemployed and have been available to play a lot, instead of playing for a couple hours each day at most.

5. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Hey Xpro,

Wink and myself have explained this several times now. Honestly there are so many ways someones verdict and point of view can be explained.
    You have already referenced the appeal and winks report, so no need for me to re-link or quote my post regarding all of this.
    Opal and Highwon can review both of those. I believe wink and I's response cover everything thoroughly.

For the record being a new Admin has nothing to do with this situation. A few factors we chose our Administration for are there knowledge of the rules and ability to appropriately use discretion.
    If Opal or Highwon has any questions they know they can reach wink and myself.

6. You and I have quite the history here on SGM Xpro, and because of that, I, and the rest of the Staff team here will scrutinize your actions more severely than we do others, due to your past behavior. After reviewing this appeal, I do agree that it was unnecessary that you mass-PM'd people to RTV, when all you have to do is run the command yourself, since it announces it to all members in their respective chats. As for your Karma Bans, you have 55 Karma bans over the span of about two years, with 7 of them being this month alone. To me, that sends a red flag that you are playing too aggressively, but that is the purpose of the Karma System as a whole; to remove you from the game if you kill too many innocent players.

I'm going to reduce your ban down to time served; because it was unnecessary for you to PM multiple players when you could have just used the RTV command and be done with it. As for your behavior in game, I would suggest you curve it to not be as aggressive, because we will issue further punishments for excessive Karma bans, but as it stands right now, I don't think you needed to be given a longer punishment.

I will also be speaking with Falcor about this situation and how situations like these should be discussed more thoroughly before lengthy punishments are issued.

7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Would you have some time to talk privately so that I can understand how things are viewed from an upper administration point of view, I feel like a lot of folks view all my gameplay as malicious when I am trying not to.

8. You can start a forum conversation with me detailing what you want explained

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.