Denied Xproplayer's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Xproplayer, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Your In Game Nickname:
    Xproplayer
    Your Steam ID:
    linked
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I do not exhibit toxic gameplay, I play a specific way that is completely within the rules and is not designed to hurt other players gameplay.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I have probably close to 100 hours of gameplay footage recorded on my computer, I'll gladly upload chunks of footage to show how I play.

EDIT: THROWBACK TO THE SGM ROAST SESSION

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

@wink banned me, but according to him it was an administrative team decision, so I would like a list of every member involved in this decision.

3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Thanks for taking the time to appeal this ban. Please give me some time to go through my evidence.

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The first thing wink stated was that this was for excessive karma bans and pming for rtv. I'll address the RTV first.

I generally am very vocal when I do not appreciate a map and will attempt to move to another map, this is generally done by asking people to RTV as most folks dont RTV unless asked. I used to just have a keybind that I would press 1-2 times every few minutes so as not to be spamming but ensure that all players see it. In the past with staff members such as Kyogre, there have been a large population of players online that did not like the maps constantly changing and complained to the staff members, therefore the staff members address me AND other players who were encouraging an RTV because at that point the group of RTVers are upsetting a large majority of the players, under those circumstances I have always stopped RTVing and played the maps or moved to another server. NEVER was I told this was a rule that people should not be constantly RTVing, nor is it listed anywhere in the rules. The fact of the matter is encouring people to RTV is part of the community, and in my doing so of PMing the whole server, I can actually achieve an RTV with 1-3 PMs per person, compared to me hitting the keybind several times, meaning that overall in a players chatbox, they see 1-3 PMs instead of 10-100 presses of a keybind, a win win in my book, plus I personally get further visibility since a PM is slightly more visible, if a lead admin or owner believes that this is an unfair advantage with macros or that they don't appreciate that, I will gladly stop and move to a keybind only.

6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The next piece of gameplay that is being considered toxic is karma bans, I'll fully admit I do rack up a lot of karma bans, they are not intentional, many times I am karma banned it is a surprise to me as I forgot to track my karma. The fact is that on these servers, there are many many reasons to kill people for various traitorous acts, the main ones that I use are UNID bodies and guilty by association, the problem is that many players don't know to check bodies or don't look that much around, the way I play the game I like to be the best, I like to get the most traitor kills or the most innocent kills depending on my team, I am in no way trying to be malicious, I am trying to be the best at the game I can be and maintain my reputation for being a good player. I have never been accused of being toxic ingame for months if not years, I do not have a clean history and I have strayed away from the history that I used to have.

7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Also I would appreciate that when any staff member replies, to not close the thread and forcing me to go back to PM when that is where I started.

8. Goose

Goose Duck, Duck, Goose Motherfucker VIP

I have played a bit with Xpro recently and I have to say that from this perspective the ban looks completely unwarranted. That being said I have no idea about this pming rtv stuff, but from all the time I have played with Xpro I have never seen him being toxic in the way that I have come to know that word. In addition karma bans can be acquired without any RDM, and it happens to players all the time. Since you have said Xpro was toxic I would challenge you to show me that he is, show me that Xpro purposefully tries to ruin others gameplay experience for his own pleasure; because I have never seen it. I also have hours of video of Xpro playing on the servers (not recording him, videos of me) in the past few weeks I would be glad to share, I am 100% confident none of them would show him being toxic, or even anyone complaining about him being toxic. This ban is honestly ridiculous, have you all even played with Xpro before? Like seriously give me one video, screenshot, ect. that shows him trying to ruin others gameplay experience. When you get on the server and see that Xpro is there does it make you feel as if the server will be less fun? That is what a toxic player does. You calling his gameplay toxic is in no way shape or form reminiscent of what anyone sees of him in game.

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Also one of the reason I kill a LOT of people, is crossfire, downsides of using a 1 shot weapon, people walk in front of me and instead of taking 10-25 damage with an ak or other rifle, they can get killed. Has ANYONE considered this?

10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Further evidence, I constantly strive to help the staff team, since I started playing again a few weeks back here are the reports I've submitted, the one agains Hingle is sort of a special case so we'll ignore that honestly.
    https://gyazo.com/ce1f5785bad863115661ef675b1eb9ba.png

11. ok I am sorry if i am not involved in this appeal that much, but here is some of my perspective. I have seen Xproplayer and played with him. I do agree with the that the RTVing is excessive at times as it seems he spams it at the end of every round, but I wouldn't consider it toxic. Just spammy. As for the karma bans, I have seen him get it a couple times, but it doesnt matter how many times ive seens it as mods/admins have the total. Karma bans happen to everyone every once in awhile, but it seems to happen to Xpro a bit. The problem I have with the karma bans is that I've killed innos in crossfire, but getting a karma ban is having to kill an inno for like 3 rounds in a row( or a multitude in one round), so I think Pro is just being careless with his gun during a crossfire (optimistic view) or is itching to get a kill under the guise of Crossfire(pessimistic view). As to which it is, is up to the admins and mods. In my opinion, He doesnt RDM ( from what i see), He doesnt bully, and he seems like a good guy for the community, just a bit spammy with RTV which warrants a warning (unless he has been warned in the past). But i do agree excessive karma bans are an issue, and up to the admins to decide.

TL;DR: The RTVs are just spammy. harassment AT BEST. no where close to Toxic in my opinion.
    The karma bans are very suspicious if there are alot of them. Getting a karma ban once in awhile is ok and happens to everyone, but I find it difficult to get them often unless you are itching to kill. This should be the deciding issue and should be investigated with evidence for his ban.

12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

In addition to the 2 posters here, I've had several other current and former staff as well as players disagree with this ban.

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

ANOTHER Point to consider. I have good aim and reaction time, very few people can dispute that. If i'm an inno and I get kos'd by a traitor, I'd have plenty of innos coming to kill me, with my weapon and aim, I can kill those players who are directly threatening my life, but this hurts karma. I've had detectives shooting at me when I'm inno and I kill them first, am I supposed to stop having such good aim and reaction time?

14. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Please be patient and wait for an official reply from the staff members.

If you could, please edit additional posts into your original post.

Thank you.

15. Xpro doesn't play toxic at all, imo. The PMing isn't even annoying, it's one line of text each round maybe lol. He'll stop if you ask him.

16. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Hello @Xproplayer ,

Thank you for appealing your 2 week globalized ban of toxic gameplay. Let's get right into the meat:

You were banned for toxic gameplay. For simplicity sake, let's use your implied definition that toxic gameplay is gameplay that malicious to other users on a given game server, ruining their experience. You claim you do not partake in this behavior:
    However, Here you clearly state the opposite: Every time you partake in using your !rtv bind (which you self proclaim to be hundreds) you upset a handful of players with this gameplay that is malicous to other users, or toxic gameplay as we previously defined.

Speaking of that, let's get deeper into the !rtv usage:

Here are back to back rounds you rtved(or almosted rtved) using the tactic you mentioned of mass pming and vocally requesting an !rtv.

The first round is self explanatory, showing a process you claimed to have done 100's of times. During the map vote, you go to the point of purposely spamming the chat with the map you want. You can note that some players are fed up with this behavior in the game chat.

The next map, you attempt to repeat the process, this time you are met with more apprehension to the tactic, vocally supporting your cause as an attempt to get your way. You seem to be rtving the map simply because you didn't get your way the last map, and instead got the way of what map the players actually wanted. Players start questioning why, vocally this time, and you go to a point to hint a lead got demoted to for threatening to ban you for group trolling for using this tactic. Although he's a beloved ex-staff member at this point, this lead did have a point in threatening to punish you. Contrary to your belief, this behavior is against the rules and this is your punishment.

Let's cover the second factor, Karma Bans+History:

The images above will be useful for discussing this part. The first screenshot covers your entire history, down to the last karma ban. As you may know, bans with no SoL(Loopholing, Toxicity, Ghosting) may be used against you for future bans(this is one). The second screenshot covers your recent history, which has 11 karma bans in under two months(roughly a 1/5 of a ban a day).

Combining the recent karma bans with your rather loopholey history, this factor of the ban was decided upon due to your style of game play:
    Although this may be true, let's look at a wikipedia definition of TTT's gameplay:
    Often times, you aren't killing to help your team; you are killing for the slightest hint of a traitorous act committed by anyone, often hindering your team with the loss of teammate. There have been numerous occasions where you have killed traitors, innocents, and detectives in crossfire, attempting to kill for simply witnessing the t act committing instead of deducing and deducting the proper person to kill. This mentality often gets you karma banned which is a punishment, contrary to popular belief, and can stack into an actual issued ban(like this) if excessively karma banned. This gameplay of playing to improve your k/d ratio often can be malicous and hinder the experience to other users can be defined as toxic.

Combining this toxicity ban together with your history, hopefully you can see how accounting for recent/overall ban history became a factor of the ban.

To cover the irrelevant follow up posts:
    We really do appreciate the help you've given to our staff team. However, despite the fact that some of your behavior may be beneficial to us and the community, some of it can still be toxic and detrimental in spirit. Just because you make valid reports shouldn't make you immune to an appropriated punishment.

Most, if not all, of these players opinions were uninformed and somewhat biased. I invite them to look over this thread and reevaluate their opinions. In the grand scheme of things, I believe the punishment is appropriate no matter what some community members, staff members, and ex staff members may say and think.

I'll be denying your appeal today for the above stated reasons. If you have further questions/comments/concerns, feel free to hit me up here or on steam.

Stay holy,

wink

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.