Nerf shotgun plez

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by rigby250, Aug 20, 2018.

1. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

inb4 all the "you're just bad" comments. I just don't want everybody running around with a semi auto shotgun that 1 shots people.

literally don't even have to aim the thing just point in a general direction and click. easy 5-7+ t rounds and no chance of a T killing an inno with it unless either they themselves have a shotgun or try to take them from behind.

idk im mostly just complaining about it since it seems to be the new meta to use it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

I assume you're only talking about vanilla?

3. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

no.

4. Shotguns really need some kind of nerf, its a crutch weapon for terrible aimers, they should get less accuracy or higher damage falloff at range

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

It needs a nerf in the sense that it's a fucking sniper.

The hitreg on Garry's Mod sucks ass. Shotguns can give you a headshot damage of 5, or a foot shot damage of 87. A shot to the leg with a deagle will do 70 damage, but a point blank headshot does 15. It's all fucked up. It doesn't need a nerf, garry's mod just fucking sucks haha.

It's a shotgun, it's suppose to one shot at close range. Now, it needs to be nerfed as a long range weapon, it needs a damage falloff where it doesn't do 30 damage per shot like a mile away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

7. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

the first post says in the title that they should be nerfed but then the post itself says to buff them so idk what its talking about. the rest are talking about different shotguns. Im talking about the default shotgun that's just titled "Shotgun"

8. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

Cri more, maybe just maybe your tears will be the tears that make the change!

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

+1 shotguns are dumb when each small ass pellet does 33dmg per hs and 11 per body/chest

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

found the shotgun user

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I use the awp almost exclusively thank you very much, I’m just not total shit at the game is all

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

i mean i don't really care but i was once one-shotted by a Shotgun as a detective with full health and armor, that sucked

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

inb4 all the "you're just bad" comments

It's cool being a psychic

14. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

tbh shotgun is ridiculously op on the vanilla servers but every time when someone makes a suggestion all modded nibbas rate it dumb cuz all the weapon on modded are powerful af anyway

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

16. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Instead of doing unnecessary things to something that is fine, change the double barrel. Scrubbiest fucking weapon ever.

17. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

it has 1 shot and the longest reload time what more do you want

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

cant die to shotgun if u kill them first :thonk:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. You, sir, are a genius. This is honestly the best post I have read in a very long time. Couldn't stop laughing.

Like @MasterTbaiter said, we have been over this plenty of times already. The only shotgun that was actually problematic was the Winchester that did full damage at range, honestly was hilarious, but that got fixed. The rest of the shotguns are just fine, with appropriately high damage at close range. It's a shotgun for Pete's sake.

As @Saturnity pointed out, there are a lot of flukes in the mechanics of the game that are the real cause of many problems; I don't know if SGM has the ability to fix those, but it doesn't happen the majority of the time and if you have the right attitude it contributes to a fun time.

Also as pointed out, this may be different on Vanilla. I can't speak to that too much as I haven't spent a lot of time there. But I have put in a few hours and it didn't seem to me that the shotgun disproportionately out gunned everything else. Again, it is a shotgun!
    I would also recommend you skrubs just join the Dark Side and start playing modded. Way more variety and fun. You don't even have a barrel gun :cool:

I think the most important thing to realize, and the thing most people miss, is that a lot of the things you could come and register a complaint about on the forums could be made a non issue with a little tweaking of your play style. Spend some time practicing countering short range attacks from shotguns. It isn't that hard. Personally, I find having some cover available and pulling a @Rice and Chicken to work very well. And this whole paragraph has been the long, fancy way of saying "get good". Highly recommended.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. whats a me

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1