Nerf the vanilla vanilla shotgun

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by BambiBreaker, Apr 10, 2018.

1. BambiBreaker

BambiBreaker I will break you, and all your Bambis.

Nerf the fucking shotgun. It kills people as fast as the double barrel, and it uses 1 shotgun shell and has 8 at the time. The Winchester got nerfed, and the vanilla shotgun is equally troublesome. It's so annoying getting killed by someone far worse than me just because they had a weapon that kills me from the waste up from 10 meters away. It also creates a red flare all over your screen making it hard to shoot back accurately whenever you don't die to the first two shells due to everyone using a shotgun being absolutely dogshit at the game. It's a real problem, and it's an annoying one.

• Disagree x 6
    • Agree x 5
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy VIP Emerald

Next thing you know you're going to be asking the huge be nerfed too because skilled players who know how to use the gun get kills.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. mad cuz bad

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Don't play vanilla = no issue with the shotgun :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I've said it thousand times and ill say it again. Shotguns are for people who cant aim

Prove me wrong

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. BambiBreaker

BambiBreaker I will break you, and all your Bambis.

I don't play vanilla. It's all over the other servers as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I've never had an issue with people using default guns within the modded servers :oops:

might just be lucky

8. Sha

Sha VIP

I dunno man i feel like everything is good rn + people rarely use the default shotgun on modded.

9. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Honestly, shotguns can do shitload of damage, but there are ways to counter shotgun users.
    While ak has been nerfed during the weapon balance update, it's still a viable competitor against shotgun in close range.
    In mid to long range, m16 and scout can counter the shotgun by making it nearly useless in range.

The only time when shotgun can actually one shot people is when you get up close and personal to the person and shoot them.
    However, it's also dependent on where you aim at the person with the shotgun as well in order to get one shot kill.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Eh I've been seeing a lot of people using it lately just because its just kinda stupid point and click adventure, boom claim your kill weapon. Its just stupid to play against. Granted not impossible but when you have go out of your way to kill the bad player first Because they have a shotgun compared to the good player who is using the ak or etc. That's a problem in my eyes. Also in the great words of the destiny wiki "bungo plz nerf shotgun"

11. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

I disagree. A good player who is using ak and what not can fuck your shit up even harder than a newbie with a shotgun.
    The only reason why shotgun is picked over couple guns is because it's more beginner friendly than other guns in terms of skills.

I never really have that much of a problem with dealing with shotgun users, however, I find it a bit more difficult to take out more experienced players who know what they're doing like @Daddy Nexxus or @nilz .

Honestly, having a shotgun does not automatically turn the person into formidable foe.
    I have seen way too many new people not having much impact while having shotgun because they don't know what to do or are lost in what's going on while more experienced people have better knowledge of the rules, map layout, and general idea of what to do.

12. Sha

Sha VIP

I mean yea shotgun can be considered "op" on some maps that have really close corners like motel or something but except that its pretty easy to beat, i mainly use the m4a4 just because i like it and i rarely have a problem against a normal shotgun.

13. I see your point and you may be right but my biggest complaint is the range. For a close range based weapon it does to much damage at a distance that it shouldn't be able to expecially if you take a pellet spread into account.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

the 1887 was nerfed bc it was too accurate yet still maintained a higher rate of fire than a 590 shotgun

stock shotgun's 8 shells/1 shot headshot is balanced out by mediocre range and kind of eh fire rate

15. Iuna

Iuna Goodnight moon VIP

I think the shotgun is fine, but the cone should definitely be widened a bit. It's way too accurate at long range.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I think it is just fine how it is. It isn't even that bad, the server lag kinda counteracts it, to the point where you can shoot someone point blank and do 20 damage. Close range its great far range isn't that bad, maybe spread the cone a bit more but there isn't much wrong with it.

17. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

I don’t even remember the last time I was killed by a standard shotgun.

A lot of people will say get better, and that’s entirely what you have to do. The shotgun is extremely easy to counter with even basic movement. The spread of the gun is super big iirc and you have a really good chance of not even being hit when further than 3-5 meters

18. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

+1

• Like Like x 1
  19. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

If Im not wrong the winchester was too accurate since it fires slug shot which makes it more of a rifle over a shotgun and therefor needed a nerf. The normal shotgun isnt that good at range which is what a shotgun should be like. No need to nerf it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. -1

Shotgun should be buffed. If I can't kill someone from across the map what's the point /s

• Funny Funny x 2