Restrict DB shotgun ammo.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by incognito moe, May 8, 2018.

1. This gun is good for quick kills but honestly it's ruining the meta due to players using it as a primary choice the whole round.

A good portion of the combat is close-quarters, and any closed space you go into it's almost impossible to combat the DB shotgun, even with good movement.

What I'm suggesting is to only allow the ammo in the gun to be available and none extra. This should allow players to get their fill but use other weapons instead.

The Gauss Rifle, Harpoon, HUGE (Yes it's weak but has large amount of bullets) are restricted on the amount of ammo people who use them have, and considering the power of the DB shotgun I don't see why I shouldn't be either.

Frequently used statements:

"Git gud" - It's pretty hard to git gud on a weapon that has a similar reload time to other significantly inferior weapons.

"Its range is poor" - Players can use this and then get a secondary pistol shot too? C'mon son.

"But it only has 1-2 shots" - Instant kill on a direct hit. Headshots do similar damage but require aim and precision. This weapon is favourable by the spray and prayer.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

There's been a fair amount of times where my DB hasn't insta-killed, that and limiting it to 2 shells would kill the weapon since you could only use it 1-on-1 with any hopes of success
    From me it's a -1 but who knows

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

DB already has to be reloaded after every shot and is still prone to not be as effective. Play smart and you should never have to worry about a DB.

besides they were removed from point shop a long time ago and you can hardly find em. -1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  4. I'm suggesting like 8 rounds in total?

2 in the chamber, 6 in reserve ammo?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. It has a ridiculous range, my friend. Anywhere you're near to a player with a DB shotgun puts you at a similar risk to someone with a Harpoon or Gauss.

6. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Not what I read in the OP, either way if anything it's a fairly slow weapon and if the person you shoot doesn't die, 99% of the time you're fucked due to reload

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. As one who heavily abuses the double barrel, it definitely needs a nerf. The reload and missing don't matter, you can simply swap to your secondary and finish off easily. (Even better if you pay attention to your surroundings)

Its a nuclear weapon with a person who has half decent aim and common sense

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I guess I'm an idiot every time I get killed by a double barrel.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Pacifist

Do not put words in my mouth. Realistically speaking if you know someone has a double barrel you should keep your distance at all costs. If you keep distance on the person usually they can't one tap you as easily. Obviously you can't always know if someone has a DB, and they may get the drop on you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daddy Nexxus

"Play smart and you don't have to worry about a DB"

How am I putting words in your mouth? Your logic = if you do get killed by a double barrel, you weren't playing smart. So, are you just a little dumb if you get killed by a double barrel? I'm confused, could you elaborate on what you are if you're killed by a DB?

11. Pacifist

Play smart and you should almost never have to worry about the DB. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Daddy Nexxus

So... if you die from the DB, it's simply because you're playing stupidly?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

DB is fine, it got removed from VIP spawning, then from the point shop, then they took away its single barrel firing. The DB is fine, if you are not bad and it doesn't one shot you the poor guy doesn't stand a chance.
    Plus with the DB you can't fight more than one person at a time.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Daddy Nexxus

Single barrel firing? You mean loading a single round and firing it? You can do that.

Edit: Also looks like you're stuck on a similar argument as Paci. Apparently if you're killed by the DB it's simply because you're not playing smart and (now according to you) you're bad. Ouch, right in the -I'm better than you but die to Double Barrel so how does that argument against nerfing it make any sense?-

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

you used to be able to right click and fire only one shell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pacifist

No. If you die from the DB it is usually because you aren't being perceptive enough to realize that someone has a double barrel. If you realize that someone has a double barrel and you don't take action to steer clear of them, then yes you are playing pretty stupidly. Also, the reason I don't care for this suggestion is because in my honest opinion the double barrel is fine as it is.

Pros:
    -Instant Kill
    -Good for picking people off
    -Extremely good at close range
    -Ammo is rather easy to find (shotgun ammo is pretty common on most maps)

Cons:
    -Not as effective at long range
    -Has a long reload time
    -Has only one shot in the clip
    -Is not for sale in pointshop
    -Cannot be added to loadout
    -Very few of them spawn in game
    -Shitboxes cripple this gun (one shot means you better hope like hell it insta kills)

Simply put the weapon is already nurfed to hell. Anything more is just taking away from the fact that the double barrel is the one weapon that you have to be aware of. It makes players more perceptive, because if you don't realize that the guy behind you has a double barrel then you are going to be killed. So I don't want this weapon to be nurfed, because while it may be easy to pick up and use it already has major drawbacks that make me not interested in using it.

My argument is that i just like the fuckin double barrel the way it is lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Daddy Nexxus

This is a muuuuuch better post, lmfao. I'm really not for/against this suggestion. I'm just enjoying arguing with people (constructively)

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

>clip.....

100% with paci on this one, tbh if anything it needs a buff now, i've been saying they need to bring back single barrel firing. but oh well it will never happen

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. I can't get behind this statement. The times where the DB is most annoying is on maps that have halls and passage ways that don't exactly leave room for an open fight in most places. The map the comes to mind the most is that space map with all the halls (don't remember the name sorry but you know what I'm talking about). Walking into someone with a DB is going to end one way most of the time on a map like that.

Also, yeah, hanging around a guy with a DB is dumb, but you can be the best TTT player in the world and still die if they decide to shoot you on sight. There is no counter play to an encounter like that at all. No KOS before death, nothing can really be done other than jumping and hoping they miss. Yeah you can group up with people, but c'mon. You could say that about anything that is a one shot (even a deagle).

I'm not saying that anything should necessarily be done in particular about the DB, but it has its toxic aspects. I will pick it up and use it to keep it from other hands, but getting a kill with it always feels cheap to me. Especially when I kill someone who I know can usually tango with me in a regular gunfight.

It does force a certain kind of play style to be effective, so I don't think reducing the ammo is the answer. The DB is something that probably should not exist in the first place, but many people already love it and will not be happy if it gets removed or something like that. In its current state it is randomly found, so there's that. I personally like the auto shotgun better anyway.

Just keep it as it is I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

the thing is if u cant kill a guy with db one shot then you're either extremely bad or you got assfucked by shitboxes. what i mean by this is that any player with aim can one shot another dude 99% sure, you don't need to worry about the fucking reload speed
    also it doesnt matter if its close range weapon, shotguns are so fucked in this game that even close range weapons are lethal from a pretty far distance
    plus, you dont need to get a long range weapon to chase someone down, 1 shot kill him with db giving them no reaction time or chance to shoot back
    yes, this can be done with other weapons as well but with double barrel its more op since you dont even need to aim good which would be a requiment for 1shotkills if i was to choose

edit : ITS SHITREG NOT SHITBOXES

Last edited: May 9, 2018