Answered Who is Magafe?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Femboy Gaming 420, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I see this name get brought up sometimes and I'm curious to know who Magafe is.

2. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Magafe's name has been both "Who's Magafe?" and just "Magafe", his name on the banlist is "Who's Magafe?".
    • Magafe was a player who was a mod in December 2013 for 7 days according to the SGM Staff Data thread (direct link to the spreadsheet).
    • Magafe was banned (perhaps in the end of December?) for Conflict of Interest, in this case Conflict of Interest seems to be "being a troll"

The original Conflict of Interest ban seems to have been a 7 days ban, which perhaps today would have been written as a ban for "Harassment & Spam + History", the ban was extended to a permaban after attempts at evading the ban, which Magafe had been warned to not do. That is according to this appeal: Thread: D; Let me join you

Magafe elaborates more about his past bans, which seem to have included evading, mass rdm, ghosting in game and spamming on the forums in this appeal from his main forum account: Thread: Magafe's Ban appeal. He also had both these forum accounts active at the same time on the forums, though mainly used the Magafe one.

I also found these ban appeals after those first 2 from different accounts, one from 2015, another on on the new year's change from 2015 to 2016, another on the new year's change from 2016 to 2017: 2015, 2016, 2017.

Recently, on April Fool's, the staff team did a joke where they changed their names to the names of banned players on the forums, "Who's Magafe?" was one, so maybe that's why it got brought up sometimes. Personally I think it's mentioned sometimes because his name when he was banned in game was that particular question.

3. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Strange that you have heard their name brought up since it's been nearly 5 years since they were present, but here's a tl;dr run-down.

Magafe is a former member who joined during the early days of the server and is now permanently banned. Regretfully, the reason they are banned is ultimately what defines them today. Without going too into depth to avoid bringing up old drama- Magafe and a few other active staff-members at the time staged a coup dubbed "OP 666" with the intention of hosting a mass-resignation to hurt the newly created STTT citing the fact that they did not agree with rule changes and management taking place. Ironically, however, this ended up bringing in what a lot of older players would call "The Golden Generation", which is a little overly-romanticized in my personal opinion. But there's no denying that after the events of "OP 666" took place it allowed the community members present at the time to band closer together, and it ultimately ushered in a wave of impressive applicants to the staff-team, stronger leadership, overall improved player motivation, and a professionalism first mind-set approach to customer service.

To sum it up with a few extra details Magafe was a very popular member for the at the time very small community of STTT and impulsively felt they had the influence to hurt the place because they weren't happy with what was taking place.