Invalid Report against Wink

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Togo ✿, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Name of Staff/Player:
    Wink
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    a
    Your Steam ID:
    a
    Which Server:
    East 1
    Which Map:
    a
    Which Round:
    a
    Time of Occurence:
    a
    Reason For Report:
    @wink bending the rules​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    [​IMG]
    say he was banned for using "unreadable colors". Since when is that a thing you can ban for. The grey font he was using clearly readable.
    [​IMG]
    the only sb rule say use red only for important announcements, so where did you get this rule from?​

2. Togo ✿

3. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

This should be self explanatory, he was using disallowed colors and continued to use them despite a ban and another warning, which is a rule up to admins discretion as you know by now.

@Falcor

4. Togo ✿

the rules are so veg, so are you saying admins can make up a new rule just for a ban

5. Togo ✿

So, this also means that depending on which admins are on they will use their discretion different. Something you do might be ok with one admin and not the other making the rules fluctuate depending on the admins who is on. Never making the rules fair and balanced for everybody.

6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Seeing as this also relates to my ban on Melon for the same reason I'll be here to state that users have always been warned and eventually punished for using unreadable colors or better known as eye straining colors in shoutbox outside of the use of red. This has been enforced for the entirety you've been apart of this community, for the entirety I've been apart of this community, and I would have to imagine (though I can't say this accurately) since this community started. This is not a secret and you are well aware of it being something that is enforced so Wink and I are not the first to ban users for such incidents and it's not stepping out of our range of enforcement and most certainly requires admin discretion to handle because we would rather not ban a user for doing such a thing, but when they continuously change their text to an unreadable color they're ignoring our warnings and trolling users with the eye straining color. Wink's lead, Falcor, has banned people for such offenses too may I add.

7. Togo ✿

My problem is there unlist rules that you can ban for which can be brought up by the staff member at anytime. So how is anyplayer supposed to know all these unlist rules. They can easily forgotten and until it's too late. Plus all the rules are up to admins discretion so each one will be handled depending on the admin making the rule unfair in the sense that admins allow different things and staff differently.

8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I understand why it may seem that "we make up and enforce our own rules using discretion", but discretion had always been in use as a tool for the adminstration to ensure fairness and equality outside situations exactly defined by the rulesets of both our forums and in game.

In this situation, the warnings were used by two different admins using discretion on situation that falls outside such a ruleset. The player could of created a thread much like this one questioning why and receive an answer before both bans, but instead went on to ignore the admin and do it again.

9. CorallocinB

Yes it could be presented as a problem, however we offer the solution through a warning. If a user wants to be rebellious and continue to ignore our warnings then they're allowed to by all means, but they'll be subject to further punishment. For example, the user who was banned by Wink and I. He was warned several times over the course of two days and ignored our warnings about the eye straining colors and furthermore ignored my initial warning about using the color red as he did it again for his 2nd ban. It can be easily forgotten, but it can just as easily be reminded through a warning. We don't ban a user immediately for using eye straining colors. Admins are smart enough that we don't issue bans immediately especially on the forums (depending on the situation) and especially on the shoutbox (depending on the situation, though rare) regardless of how each admin interprets the rules and issues punishment. If we were quick to punishment a lot more users would be banned and you know well enough we try our best to avoid bans.

I'll lastly point out here:

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/new-users-guide.37958/

quoted-

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  10. AWildSqueekMelon

AWildSqueekMelon Active Member

I have been allowed to use red before, Wink. So the ban was false and completely dependent on the admins. There is no actual rule that you shouldn't use unreadable colours, which I used only twice or so and it was very evident to see, unless you are blind or highly myopic. This post involves me so Im in it, ban me and I'll be on your fucking case.

11. CorallocinB

It's not dependent on admins. We have a rule all staff enforce: dont use red in shoutbox. You did it once for both bans. Now keep in mind this results in a warning, a single warning. As for the unreadable colors the post I linked above directed at new members such as yourself contains the statement not verbatim that unreadable colors are not allowed. The only discrepancy in this rule is your interpretation of an unreadable color vs. the staff's rule of an unreadable color. You claim any unreadable color is actually readable, but the staff who enforces the rules will point out your misconception via warning if you use such a color which you did and were warned for several times. Now since you had your single warning earlier compounded with the 2 offenses from your eye straining colors you were banned appropriately. Negligence to read the rules does not get you out of punishment and your interpretation may not be the proper interpretation of the rules. You can easily avoid any rule breaking by heeding our warnings but in both cases you ignored us and were punished for doing so.

12. AWildSqueekMelon

AWildSqueekMelon Active Member

I'm 100% convinced that you or wink had changed my colour to deliberately ban me because I was watching youtube, came onto the shoutbox and all of a sudden my colour is grey. If you all really want me banned do it now pussyboi

13. CorallocinB

We are unable to change the color of your text before you post it and it is clearly evident that your intent in the evidence provided by Wink and I on your appeals was to use text that was eye straining in color or to use red to break the rules.

If you require me to walk through each piece of evidence with you, I will do so without response as to end the cyclical argument.

[​IMG]

In this first spoiler labeled 1, you can see you picked a neon blue-esque font color which is extremely like the font color used an example in the New Users Guide on what font color to not use. You were then warned for it by me.

[​IMG]

Now here in spoiler 2 you then changed your color to red which is outright stated in the rules as posted by Togo that this font color is not allowed and you were warned for it. At this point in time, you've accumulated two warnings in the shoutbox.

[​IMG]

The final offense you accumulated in your first ban is in spoiler 3. You continued to pick eye straining colors and in fact used two of them before I used my ban. The blackest black you could find then swapped to the best grey color to match the SB background color without actually using the code of the background color for shoutbox. Your intent in each of these photos is to break the rules and use eye straining colors to annoy users reading the shoutbox and so with two previous warnings and no regard to them I banned you from the shoutbox. All of this evidence can be found in here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/awildsqueekmelons-appeal.38710/

[​IMG]
    Here in spoiler 4 the first post you make after your previous shoutbox ban ended and you got onto the forums was again a grey color to match the background of the shoutbox color which is no different than what you did in spoiler 3 for your first ban. You were warned for this.
    [​IMG]
    Here's where you would bring up your accusation of us abusing our power to change your font color here in spoiler 5. Using the same color in 4 or just about you ignored Wink's warning and so with your previous ban from me and the warning you ignored from Wink he exercised discretion to remove you from shoutbox for continued use of eye straining colors. I'll state again we are unable to change text colors before a user posts it and to further drive home the fact you were banned within the same time period the ban was issued as seen in the post above.

There's one clarification I would like to state: having not seen Wink's evidence in full you did not use red during the course of your 2nd ban so I apologize for that. Nonetheless, you clearly were using eye straining colors and ignoring 3 previous warnings to not do it therefore the 4th time you did it there's no excuses and so Wink issued a ban after the 2nd time you used an eye straining color especially because it was just about the same color you used when he warned you the first time which showed clear negligence of our rules, protocol, and disrespect.

If you refuse to acknowledge the evidence and continue to try to refute our claims without trying to prove your innocence with physical evidence and not through words which hold no water then I'll be forced to lock this report until @Falcor can give a verdict as to not clutter the report with cyclical arguments.

14. Togo ✿

The thing is that admin discretion changes with each admin. Depending on which admin is on they will let you do different things. Never making anything under admin discretion fair.
    giving a warning is only a temporary fix. Let say that only 1 admin thinks that gray is unreadable, during the time that admin is on people who use gray are given a warning but when that admin is offline people will use gray and have no consequences for it. The only way admin discretion will work is if all of the admins think the same but since that isn't the case and each admin thinks differently than the other, the rules will keep fluctuating depending who is on. Never making the rules fair and balanced for everybody.

15. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Hey togo,
    Sorry for the delay in my response.
    I reviewed everything in this report, as well as melons history with this issue.
    Robo has already linked you the thread which states no unreadable colors in shoutbox.
    Melon was warned for this several times. Even banned prior to this instance, for the same thing.

Wink did not abuse or show any type of malicious intent.

This is a common rule, which admins are very lenient on has had no changes in the past 2 yrs. It is also a rule you are both aware of.

If your color is straining/unreadable you will be asked to change it. Usually several times. Not doing so will result in a short ban from shoutbox.

Togo, in the future I recommend asking an Admin about something like a ban that was issued, if you are concerned. Before submitting a report.
    But Thank you for showing care and concern for your fellow players.

If you would like to have a discussion about this, please start a conversation with me.
    Report Invalid

Thank you,
    Falcor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.