Rejected T-Baiting Clarification

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by incognito moe, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As @Rauno can tell you (no hard feelings you were just doing your job which is to make sure players keep to the rules) I was slain earlier today for killing a player who peeked around a corner with a deagle, fired it, quickswitched to his primary and ran away to avoid being caught.

Naturally, since such behaviour beyond reasonable doubt would show he was aiming to harm other players and avoid being caught, I shot him and caught him out for being a traitor. However, I was told that as I couldn't see him shooting at players (we were in a narrow hallway and by coming close to him it would reveal my position and prevent me from catching him doing something traitorous) and caught a slay.

I think the rules should do better in regards to clarifying T-baiting and traitorous acts. I strongly believe in situations where a player does an act which can be perceived as traitorous and actively goes out of their way to be caught should count as a T-Act.

Examples:

Player A fires his weapon in the direction of Player B, whose back is turned. Player A turns around, where no entraces are, and no teleporter marks are found. Using common sense, Player A kills Player B for t-baiting.

Player A witnesses Player B fire his weapon, and then switches weapons to give other players the impression he never fired a shot. Player A, using common sense kills Player B for T-baiting.

Player A fires his weapon at Player B, whose back is turned. Upon turning around, Player A drops his weapon. Player B, noticing nobody else is nearby, and there are no other entrances or teleporter marks on the floor Player A kills Player B using common sense.

These are just situational examples where common sense, the golden rule needs to be applied. However I don't think it's fair to punish players for putting 2+2 together and calling it RDM when it isn't random.

I'm willing to take comments and improvements on this because while I know the rules, I didn't write them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

My issue is that you are assuming he's changing weapons to give that impression. I don't really see how you can know why he's changing his weapons. Your 3 examples given are all not really relevant here. The third and first are already things you can kill for as long as it occurred in a single exit room. The second would just be you assuming they were changing guns for some reason when they easily could have just changed guns for the sake of changing guns.

I do not want to be killed for shooting walls and then changing my gun. Take the time to find out if they were shooting players.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You've made a good point. But I'm not talking about players shooting walls in the open. I'm talking about someone peeking out around a corner, or even from an area, firing their weapon and quickswitching to be able to run away. Xproplayer had a report against him where he killed a player he witnessed doing this and was unpunished.

EDIT: Also, in regards to this situation, I was in an enclosed hallway on 67thway behind a ladder. The player in question turned and ran towards me after doing this, quite clearly to go up the ladder and avoid being caught.

4. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Please feel free to link me to that report as I'm sure the situation was slightly different. Again this is exactly what I'm referring to. If you didn't see where that player shot, he could have been shooting a wall and the quickswitching just because. Because you didn't see where he was shooting you shouldn't kill him. If you saw him shoot at a player then its different.

I dont want to be killed for shooting a wall out of vision of another and then changing my gun.

5. As requested: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-xproplayer.41894/

It was the fact that the player did so and then ran away from the area he was peeking out from which led me to believe he was shooting at players and trying to avoid being caught.

EDIT: Most players have a test firing bind to let people know when they're going to shoot randomly to prevent situations like this.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.