Denied Spud's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Spud, Sep 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Spud
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Basically, a guy was shooting at a wall blocking a walking path on communitypool and I walked in front of him assuming he'd stop shooting when an inno walks past and he didn't so he damaged me. I then killed him in response, and he reported me for loopholing because he believed that I deliberately walked in front of him as an excuse to kill him. That wasn't the case, but since it's a subjective matter for admin discretion there's literally no way for me to prove what I was thinking at the time and that I wasn't trying to loophole. While I understand that I may have misinterpreted the rules on whether someone could be killed for that, I believe it would be a lot fairer to punish such a situation which resulted in a wrongful death with a slay, or even a shorter period ban, rather than assuming my mindset as being attempting to loophole. While it's obviously a delicate situation because the admin who banned me, HelixSpiral, believes I did it deliberately there's not really anything I can say or do to prove I didn't walk in front of the guy just as an excuse to kill him - if I was looking for one, he'd previously T baited in the round. I killed him because he damaged me and due to a misinterpretation of the rules I believed that would mean I was allowed to kill him.

What I did was clearly not allowed based on the admin's perception of it. I accept that. I don't know how to prove that I was not trying to loophole other than stating I wasn't and hoping you will give me the benefit of doubt. But I ask you to consider just punishment regardless; had I not even replied with the reason I killed 'dude' it would've simply been a slay for RDM and that's it. But because I tried to explain the reason I killed him I instead received a four month ban - obviously longer than usual due to history, but still what I hope you might find a bit long when you consider what has actually been done vs that punishment. I hope you can give me the benefit of doubt that I was not ill-intentioned when I killed the individual in the game and find that I instead committed an act of RDM, but even if you do believe that I did it purposefully I hope you may be able to shorten my ban so I will be able to play prior to the expiration in January as, although I only have two weeks left at home that I can play it now, I would love to be able to atleast play over the Christmas break in December.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    There is a youtube video of what happened but I cannot remember the link, I believe @HelixSpiral has it anyway. Thank you.​

2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

3. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Moved to TTT appeals.

4. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

5. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya @Spud ,

We've already talked about this pretty extensively on Steam and I do not have much to add to what we already discussed, although I will post everything here as well.

Here is the evidence that was provided to me by @Panda With a Gun :

Followed by the report that was filed in an attempt to get the player slayed:
    [​IMG]

Loopholing is exploiting our current ruleset in order to RDM a player (within the rules) and avoiding punishment.

As you can see in the video you walked in front of dude as he was shooting at a wall directly in front of him. I don't know why he was shooting the wall- maybe he was testing spray patterns, maybe he was emptying the gun before dropping it- who knows. Regardless, it is very clear in the video that saw that he was doing so- you are staring directly at him during the whole duration.

Your main argument here is that you didn't intend to get shot by him but were merely trying to get down the stairway to get cover from the above balcony area, and I'm sorry- but I don't buy that argument for the following reasons:

1) You were watching him during the whole duration of the incident. As you proceeded down the stairway you continued to face him as well.
    2) There were multiple ways down the stairway that would have avoided where he was firing all together- he wasn't blocking the whole pathway, you could have walked behind him. You could have gone on to the crate and jumped down there without taking any damage what-so-ever, or you could have even just turned around and walked in a different direction.
    3) Not only did you walk through the path where he was shooting- but you actually even doubled back and walked infront of him back and forward several times almost as if you're trying to get him to fire on you some more.

You then proceeded to kill dude for shooting you, when the only reason for him shooting you was because you intentionally walked in front of him while he was unloading his gun.

The intention is very clear when viewing the video. This is a classic case of loopholing, for which I decided to issue the ban.

As far as the length, this is your third case of loopholing that you have been banned for. I do agree in having leniency in hopes that players can learn from their mistakes and extending that gratitude in return. However, Agent A has already done this for your second offense of loopholing as shown here after discussing the ban with Agent A privately.

With the history showing that you are well aware of what loopholing is, and the fact that you have been shown leniency for this behavior in the past- I can not justify reducing the ban period at this time.

Feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions.
    Appeal denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.