Denied Spud's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Spud, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spud

Spud Banned VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Spud - The Best Player Ever
    Your Steam ID:

Which Server:
    EU2
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I was banned for loopholing but I don't believe myself to have loopholed.
    I'm not entirely sure what action the 'loopholing' refers to, but I assume it's because I killed a player for running past an unided body that I had placed. I don't believe this is loopholing - I carried the body (at my own risk, any other player could equally have shot me for this) and when there were players near I placed it down to see if they would ID it so I could strategically determine whether anyone was going to ignore it. One player looked at the body and didn't ID it so I shot him.
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I'm not sure what evidence I can actually provide other than arguing my case - I don't dispute the facts of what happened (as long as everyone's in agreement that what I'm saying is correct), rather I dispute that what I did constitutes 'loopholing' instead of tactical gameplay. The rules being unclear and incomprehensive on this matter does not help, and while loopholing is an easy get around to ban players who haven't technically broken the rules but were looking for ways to avoid playing fairly, an 8 week ban seems extreme for what was not 'loopholing' in the sense of me trying to loophole my way out of what would otherwise be an RDM but explain my actions.

In situations such as this it seems that actually explaining my reasoning for killing the player resulted in a worse punishment than I otherwise would've got - what amounted to a simple RDM (assuming my method was not allowed) has somehow gone from a slay to an 8 week ban simply because the admin asked why I killed a player and I explained myself? Had he said it was not allowed I would've happily said 'fair enough, slay me'. But instead, rather than further discussing it with me, I was banned for 8 weeks for a 'loopholing' I wasn't even trying to do.

In terms of witnesses, lots of players were online at the time of my ban. I'm not sure how much help witnesses would be as they'd only have witnessed my being banned.

The admin who banned me was @Agent A

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Let's get down to the report.
    Definition:
    If you read our extended rules, it will say the following:
    In other words, the definition of loopholing is abusing/exploiting the written rules to evade RDM, particularly how they are written.

Evidence:
    Chat
    Video
    Video #2

Why is it 8 weeks?
    History

You have been banned for major offenses within approximately 3 months such as ghosting along with the fact that you have a loopholing ban that was placed on you on 09/16/16.

Conclusion:
    What you did is loopholing because you moved an unid body to another person so you can kill that person and "evade RDM, particularly how they are written."
    This could've been completely avoided if you id'd the unid body or perform other actions that wouldn't resulted you moving the unid body in order to kill other people.

Appeal: Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.