Denied shrekk's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by shrekk, Dec 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrekk

shrekk New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Shrek
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:59906837
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I got banned by lightning for Mass RDM. I get that I was propkilling but I went straight from my second slay to a Mass rdm ban just because he ultimately decided that. Multiple people including other staff were prop rdmming in the same timeframe. I don't mind getting banned for stuff I do, but its pretty biased to not ban or even slay other people who are doing the same thing at the same time.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Look at the slay/report history, I have two previous slays and that's it. Nobody even reported me before I got banned.​

2. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

3. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

@shrekk ,

So, as you know, I just banned you for Mass RDM (2nd offense) for propkilling 4 people within a 7-round span on the West server.

Here we see the reports for the first 2 propkills during rounds 3 and 4 of the map Fragmentation:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During the succeeding map, which was Signal, I saw in chat during round 3 that the user Pizza Demi-God asked us staff members to investigate the cause of his death.

Upon looking at the logs, this is what I saw:

[​IMG]

I then investigated the death scene, and found that you had killed 2 people with a prop at the beginning of the round, which can be seen in the following video:

As you can see you killed Pizza and ttvCrowFlesh with a prop at 0:00 of the round.

These 2 kills, plus the 2 valid reports from Fragmentation, lead me to place the ban against you for Mass RDM.

According to our records, you were banned by @Ryan Hig-won from the West server on 9/20/20 for Mass RDM (1st offense) for propkilling as well.

Given the fact that you have 2 active bans, both RDM-related, please explain why you should be unbanned?

4. shrekk

shrekk New Member

In regards to the other ban I have, I don't even know what I did to get it, hence my confusion and my appeal for that one. I'll have to see what the other appeals result is, but from my point of view it was more of a misunderstanding then me running away from a punishment, I always serve my slays its just impossible to serve a slay when I didn't know I had one/am banned.

Now for this one, first off I said this in my reports and its still confusing to me that people see something happing (ie. a propfight with 5+ people including staff members of the server on Fragmentation), walk over there, die, and then complain about dying to something. If you walk into a trap on richland and its activated, that's your fault. If you walk into a gunfight, you should expect to take damage/die. It's the same thing with that first scenario. Multiple people for multiple rounds including myself were doing the same thing in the same corner of the map, and everyone playing knew that. Any logical person in a scenario like that should understand the fact that if they don't want to participate, they should just not go to that part of the map. There were no warnings throughout those rounds in regards to that to anyone, and that's why it continued to happen even when I was slayed during that map rotation.

Secondly, for the last two deaths I understand why that is valid, it was random, at the start of the round and uncalled for. I would have happily served those slays as from an objective point of view they were valid. When it comes to these situations though there is more to do than jump the gun and insta-ban someone. If one of those people were to forgive me, or did not even want to report me (which one of them didn't, based on what you are saying only Pizza Demi-God cared) then you wouldn't have gone through with the ban. There are plenty of people who play who are fine with things like propkilling, or just simply don't care about the occasional RDM and don't report.

If I were some person who joined the server for the first time, gunned down 4 people , and then filled the report box with random letters/garbage I would understand the insta-ban. In this scenario I was banned merely because you saw something and deemed that the way you saw that. If that were how moderation on this server went all the time, a lot of people would get mass RDM for targeted RDM on people they may know, accidental shots…. and even the new player who plants the bomb for C4 roulette who has no clue what is happening on the server.

You can even ask @Ryan Hig-won about my past ban as it was a very similar scenario. Multiple people were consistently prop fighting, (and as the successful prop-thrower I am) I got reports because I was getting the kills. Even during that one there were staff doing the same thing. With that he actually asked me to stop before jumping the gun on an insta-ban, and I stopped. He understood what was happening, not just what the rules say, and solved the problem better than any sort of ban would.

Regardless of any sort of outcome of this appeal, and regardless of any sort of ban I got from this it wasn't right to handle the situation in this manner. I understand the rules may be written out in a very systematic way, but actually communicating about what's happening and just expressing what needs to change to someone doing something wrong is much easier way to fix a problem. If you simply asked me to stop, I would have.

5. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

You got banned once and slain twice... and kept going

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  6. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Okay, let me point out a few things that are fundamentally flawed in your response:

There is a quite obvious banner at the top center of your screen when you have pending reports or slays left to serve. I find it very hard to believe you didn't know that you had a slay or open report on you when you left.

This is incorrect, and exactly why we don't allow "claiming" of areas of the map. By tying up that portion of the map up with your private RDM fest (which in itself is against the rules) you are intentionally blocking that portion of the map to normal in-game foot traffic, which impedes the fair use of that portion of the map to 3rd parties.

Also, hello! You're hitting people who did not consent to being involved in your illegal prop battling. This is why you're receiving reports because you, and the others involved, are hitting 3rd parties not involved with such prop-flinging shenanigans.

I will give you the fact that I should have gone through and did the URD (UnReported Damage) reports against you for the 2 kills from round 3 of Signal.

However the fact remains that, even if someone "forgives you" for any kill involved in an alleged Mass RDM, then that forgiveness flies out the door because Rule 9.4 of this post in the Extended Rules thread states that:

Even with this, nobody even really forgave you.

In addition, according to our records and the evidence I provided earlier, you came off the ban that @Ryan Hig-won lifted, and continued to propkill. The takeaway that I can glean from this is that you didn't learn your lesson from the 1st Mass RDM ban you got, nor the slays that you received for propkilling since.

Because of these reasons, your appeal is Denied. However, the ban is local, so please feel free to play on our other servers in the interim.

I'd also like to give you this piece of advice: Put down the props, and play the game the way it's supposed to be played.

Appeal: DENIED
    Thread: Locked

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.