Invalid Report against Woet

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Alicia Rue, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Woet
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    hell if I know
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:189401884 I think, autofill gave me it :V
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    n/a
    Which Round:
    n/a
    Time of Occurence:
    multiple times
    Reason For Report:
    Toxic and unprofessional behavior.

There is no doubt that Woet has done his share in upholding the rules of this server. However, he has also taken advantage of his position by being rude and overlooking issues.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    My first experience occured back in early Feburary, when multiple people started the "Furry Purge Joke." They were subsequently banned for harassment. However, I had to record it because Woet, one of the mods online during part of it did nothing, even when I messaged him.
    Report in question:https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-aidslizard-ozymandias.54757/

At that time I brushed it off, but since then I have noticed heightened amounts of aggression, sarcasm and other unprofessional behavior. It doesn't happen in large chunks like normal harassers online, rather he makes small snide comments at times that are not necessary. An example from a few nights ago:
    https://i.imgur.com/OsdpZ7N.png

He has also advertised the "Furry Purge Joke" multiple times. Here is one example in the shoutbox:
    https://i.imgur.com/pd7TGmG.png

I now want to quote Voca, an Admin who handled the report linked above:
    "The Furry Purge may have started as a lighthearted joke, but the issue is that someone didnt feel it was just a lighthearted joke, especially after players started RDMing, Targetting and False KoS them because of this Furry Purge. That behavior is anything but okay."
    The fact is, Woet has been acting out in little ways, but those little things can build up. I don't appreciate that, and I know multiple other users who don't appreciate that either.

Woet may see these things as a joke, but I assure you that many on this server do not appreciate his behavior. There was recent talk about moderators abusing their power in game, and how they were punished for it. While that is more obvious, this should still be taken into consideration.

If it's not ok for players to behave like this, why are moderators allowed to behave as such? If anything, that would encourage players to act out in the same way that got Ozymendias and AidsLizard banned in the first place.

I am also taking the Furry Purge Joke personally because it was created with malicious meaning, still carries that meaning, and especially since a moderator is participating in it.

As for the community, I emplore you to post your own experiences with Woet's unruly behavior. If you have evidence, share it.

If Coinston and Nell get punished for making almost harmless jokes ingame, then Woet should at least get lectured for making inappropriate comments that do nothing but antagonize other people.

Note that these few screenshots were all I had, but there are many more instances of Woet acting out.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. Sticky Bandit

Sticky Bandit Never fall below your standard VIP Bronze

3. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

these were just jokes. i dont care. it was funny.

4. You don't care. Other people including me may view it as malicious.

As for newcomers, if they see mods behaving like this, why would they want to join this server and play on it?

5. Fiz

Fiz local jihad pro VIP Bronze

This was not directed to you at all. So I don't understand why you basically added your own meaning to his words. When it was not malicious at all. These are simply jokes between friends and you should not be getting offended over it. Woet is still a person and likes to have fun. If you get offended by these small jokes then you really should get off GMod.

6. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Since I was mentioned in the OP, I will just add a short comment to this.
    That whole quotation was server related harassment, that since then have become more of a meme than an issue on the servers, just like how KoS Chicken nugget was a now dead meme among players on the community.

The part of that quote that really mattered was: "especially after players started RDMing, Targetting and False KoS them because of this Furry Purge. That behavior is anything but okay.
    Remember how I have also said that simply feeling Harassed doesnt mean that they gonna get a harassment warning. Its the Actions that they committed by using the furry Purge meme to Target and RDM Furries, that was unacceptable.

Woet just made a lighthearted joke about their former staff member.

If we warned people for harassment for these small memes and jokes, over half of this community would be gone in seconds and we wouldnt have those new or old players you are so worried about.

In the meantime, I will just ask ya both kindly, to not turn the report into a discussion, if you really want to discuss, its better to take it to Pms, in the meanwhile lets wait for @Lordyhgm and @Woet to reply to your concerns, thank ya in advance ouo

• Harassment
    Honey, this isn't just about you. We get it, you're a kissass to anyone who isn't me. You've rated literally every post I've made dumb, and opposed me in every forum post that involves you at some time. You're on the verge of a report yourself.

Unfortunately, this isn't about you anymore. Like I said, he portrays inappropriate, malicious and unprofessional behavior that, according to the Admin Team, should not be displayed by players and especially moderators.

Both screenies show 2 sides of the scale in which unprofessional behavior is demonstrated. It shouldn't happen in general.

Like I said, small things here and there can turn into big issues. It's people like you who brush it away to continue terrorizing others.

EDIT: I did not see Voca's comment until after I posted this, my apologies.

7. Woet

Woet ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ VIP

@Fiz made a joke about being harassed and appalled - I responded back with a joke on how to deal with it.
    @Midnight Aura made a joke about an "user purge" - I responded back with a joke "nah definitely furry purge".

Am I missing something here? Why would you be allowed to say "user purge" but I'm not allowed to respond with "furry purge"?

8. The whole point of Furry Purge and why it was created was to RDM and target and harass furries (which was really just an excuse to target me). I'm talking about more users who have pursued this behavior, and getting them removed from the server. I also did not continue to spam it, or use it to harass anyone or make anyone feel uncomfortable. Furry Purge has, and always will be malicious in my eyes because it was created to ruin the gaming experience online SeriousTTT, in game and online the forums.

Even if everyone else views it as a joke, you know it has the potential for disruption. We both know this is not your first time using it as a joke, but why would you do it in the first place? What happened to doing everything to make sure the server look good? Or does that only apply if the mods and people around them are having fun and don't care?

9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Aight, I'll handle this in its parts.

So, in this screenshot all I see is staff and in-touch ex-staff joking about; both are friendly and we as onlookers are not the ones to say that's harassment, especially given the context since it is so clearly a joke and one that is not directly or indirectly aimed at anyone other than Fiz. Now, Fiz has already voiced their opinion on this but it wasn't really needed given their inaction and their sense of humour. Were it to a new player, or a member that was less familiar with Woet, then I'd start to lean towards culpability. However, even in that situation, I would not agree that they would take away the feeling of toxic staff and instead still seeing staff joking with regs. You go have a look at any other community and you will see the same.
    Now, all of that was unnecessary since Fiz already puts it well:
    So, in this screenshot Woet responds to your joke about scrapping the furry purge and instead purging users with a joke about a furry purge aimed at Maro. While I agree that the usage of Furry purge was made as an outright reason to harass furries, I also agree with Voca that it's passed that point and moved into joke by reference, and no longer carries Any actual malice. Many many things in the community have reached this point, and this one has had a vert short lifespan because it was just thinly veiled harrasment. Secondly, it wasn't aimed at you. Your screenshot cuts out the next few messages so I'll show them: upload_2020-4-6_23-24-45.png . If everyone else involved could see that this was nowhere near harassment nor reference to inciting harassment towards furries then there is little to no argument that this can be considered such. Simply feeling harassed does not constitute harassment, and this incident was again so clearly a joke to any onlookers, no matter how new they may be. The same applies to your very own joke, a new player would not think you toxic simply for that obvious joke and so they would not think it of Woet either, it's just sarcasm and a remarkably clear example of it.

Lastly
    Put simply, nothing you provided, and nothing I have seen from Woet's interactions with staff and players, shows more than a sarcastic personality and dry sense of humour, neither of which are inherently harassment, and neither of which are against the standard we hold staff to.

Now, I was going to use this report as an opportunity to say that your own behaviour was verging dangerously close to that of harassment and targeting, but alas I decided to wait a day and you chose to target and harass a member who was stating their opinion that was entirely relevant to the report. I hope that you can learn from this.

Invalid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.