Invalid Report against TricknityBlade

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by acx100, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acx100

acx100 VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    TricknityBlade
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:1:89829801
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:69717891
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    Life The Roof
    Which Round:

Time of Occurence:
    5:50 P.M. CST
    Reason For Report:
    I was slain because i was holding an explosive barrel and a detective shot it bringing my health and his down. I then proceeded to kill him, he reports me and i get slain.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

3. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Hey, AspiringSun, I'm sorry you had to report me today, for all of our's sakes. I tried to resolve this in-game with you, and even sent you a screenshot directly from the extended rules, you even said that you didn't know the current rules since you only read the extended rules 1-2 years ago, as shown here:
    [​IMG]

As for your actual slay and why I issued it, I'll go into excruciating detail as to why I issued the slay.

This was the report and the damage:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see from the above screenshots, G.E.W (detective) damaged you, by using an explosive barrel. After two seconds, you decided to kill the detective. If the detective was an innocent/traitor then this would be completely fine since you were damaged first by this player. However, when it comes to a detective, things get a tad bit more interesting since an inno's only reason to kill a detective is for self-defense or c4 defusing purposes. This reason obviously being the former.
    I decided that this was not a self-defense scenario due to the following deathscene, unfortunately, I will admit that Opal's death scene system seems to have mugged me about a bit, and didn't save the deathscene, (click for proof) so I am unable to give multiple angles, as I normally would. However, I have edited my recording of my playtime and will provide that as evidence instead.

As you can see from the above deathscene, you approached the detective with an explosive barrel and continued to follow him with the explosive barrel, which is a toxic move in itself. The detective then eliminated this threat by shooting the barrel once, harming you and himself in the process. He then stopped shooting, completely, no other shots were fired at, or towards you. You then took it upon yourself to kill him, even though he was not actively attempting to kill you, after the initial explosive barrel damage.

Everything I said here was similar to what I told you about in-game, but I hope this answers all the questions you had.
    Thanks,
    Trinity.

4. acx100

acx100 VIP

Alright so i just skimmed through the extended rules. You sent me a imgur link and i believe it stated this rule "Self defense:
    You may kill a player in self defense if they are directly attacking you, no matter what your or their role is."

8/10/17

I also want to add this . "Added a new rule under RDM/KOS rules:"Being KOSed by a Detective is a special scenario: you may not attack the Detective even if you were KOSed by them, unless they proceed to shoot at you or near you. If they do not open fire, you cannot damage them"

Now i'm not sure if he kosed me or not, but that's another point. Now you state "The detective then eliminated this threat by shooting the barrel once, harming you and himself in the process. He then stopped shooting, completely, no other shots were fired at, or towards you. You then took it upon yourself to kill him, even though he was not actively attempting to kill you, after the initial explosive barrel damage."

Can you quote the actual rule on "actively attempting to kill" part ?

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt-extended-rules.42318/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  5. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Hey Aspiring, I wish you a good morning/ evening on this fine day. I'll be going over this report on my moderator and hopefully will let you know of some stuff that you didn't know about, as well as clearing up the confusion here.

First off, I'll actually explain the ruling you posted above my post here, specifically this:

This ruling means that you can't kill a detective that has KOSed you. You also can't kill them if they shoot in your general direction, i.e. T-baiting. You may only kill them if they do both of those things. Not related to this report since they hadn't KOSed you.

Moving on, you were slain for the incident that Trinity has kindly told us in detail about in this report. From what I can see, you proceeded to kill the detective ~2 seconds after he had damaged you. He had released only one bullet with none after, thus removing the thought of him "directly/actively" damaging you at the time which you killed him. Self defense in the case of detectives is very unfortunate in some cases, like this.

Here's the ruling, since you asked for it(although you mentioned it yourself):

[​IMG]

My moderator acted correctly in this situation, and hence this report has been deemed INVALID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.