Invalid Report against Solar

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Darragh, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Solar
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    He is staff my dude
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:0:64741878
    Which Server:
    EU
    Which Map:
    B5 I think
    Which Round:
    Doesn't matter
    Time of Occurence:
    Doesn't matter
    Reason For Report:
    ===============================
    JUST GONNA SAY - Don't take this personally, I mean I made a big mistake, Im well aware, and you might have made a small one. I Just feel the need to try this for the slim chance I might be right
    ===============================

So, I was issued a 5 day ban For mass RDM x4. Heres how it happened:

Prologue:

Setting: Middle of a flat ground by that lil' house

So everyone online was chilling in a group, when an T just straight up shot someone in that 6-7 player group, with everyone watching. Not exaggerating. At this point a great deal of players were GBA. (Im just stating this as it happened, Im gonna ignore this for the sake of making this easier)
    After this BESTIRAQIGAMER shows up, carrying a C4 with his magneto stick. So before this He commited some T acts, like killing one of the innos in that RDM chain, and T baiting. But thats chill, I dont mind, Its just a bit of fun.

Heres where it gets meaty:

Setting: same place

So, after he showed up, I thought this as a perfect oppertunity to kill him with that C4. Me assuming it would do nothing only get me killed thought "Hey this is gonna be great!". I persuaded him to drop it, only to arm it. He then disarms it Himself, killing himself and 3 other players. I messed up. I messed up real, real bad. I deserve a mass RDM x3 Ban for that as a matter of fact. But Instead I was issued a ban x4. I dont believe this is neccesary as One of those kills, my intended kill was valid. Therefore, mass RDM x3. For all I know, all of those could have been valid, But lets not deal with that, too much effort for everyone involved. I have messaged Solar about this, to no avail. After some communication, his final response, after I (Im assuming this part) Convinced Him my kill was valid, was that My response to his report was not valid in explaining that my kill on BESTIRAQIGAMER was valid.

[​IMG]

Now heres where I believe the problem is. Look at this from my perspective. Wouldnt you assume that this is a report from someone that you killed? Expecially regarding A kill with a C4 as an inno? Well I did. It would have been so much easier for them to say "Why did you kill 4 innos with a C4?"

I always try to stay lighthearted, which is why I responded in such a manor. As I told solar to try clear up confusion that may have occured
    -
    I kill player A and B with an incind, A reports me. Why would I explain why I killed only player B in that response?
    -
    Another Reason I wouldnt respond with reason to kill BESTIRAQI is that he didnt report me. Simple. If he reported me, based on the above, im sure its obvious how I would have responded.

=====================

One other Thing I feel was unfair is how early and prematurely my first appeal was denied. Ended with the words "should have made a serious appeal". Not very professional to just close it as my appeal is lighthearted and I tried to make a few non-offensive jokes. You could have at least considered it. My second one was closed By destiny blade but I believe it explains it in a more "formal" manner.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Evidence for why it is a valid kill is firstly here;
    Not only did they commit a T act, but they admitted to it in my first appeal.
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/darraghs-appeal.47971/
    peep comments.
    @BESTIRAQIGAMER Is a witness to this, probably the one most involved in this situation.

Solar also said himself online "everyone is gba wtf" or somthing of that manor. He also acknowledged that in the report. But again that doesnt matter, I dont want to get away with RDM and Be toxic like that, I just want my 1 day ban for Mass RDM, which would have ended at around 6:30 GMT +0 today. Around 3 hours ago.
    -
    I just dont know if whats being done is right, so I took this time as a learning experience for myself If I was wrong. Ill happily answer any questions about what happened.

First off, let me answer the obvious one.

Why did you arm a C4 in the first place?
    Im not the best at thinking things through. But thats not relevant since Im accepting a mass RDMx3 ban.

Thanks in advance. I would like an oppertunity to talk things out, rather than just have this instantly closed and denied/Not given thought. Thanks!

(Just hoping this doesn't take 5 days as sometimes these reports do, then they get denied)

-Darragh

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. Aria

Aria Working on myself for awhile VIP

Tagging @Solar and their lead @wink

Please be patient.

3. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Also Solar, If you would Like to share our PM conversation on this thread, Im ok with that. You may share it if you feel there is anything relevant to this situation there.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Good morrow fellow playwright,

I have read and understood the contents of this concern you have against my colleague and actor, mister William '@Solar' Rowley and one of his recent performances. I'll await his rebuttal before coming up with a good epilogue.

~John 'wink' Fletcher

5. Darragh

Darragh VIP

Thanks for that reply Lmao. I shall eagerly Await a response to my most serious inquiry at William Rowley's earliest convienience!

(Thanks for keeping this as a bit of fun btw, despite the somewhat serious nature)

6. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Hi, I'm William. (apparently)

[​IMG]

My report is very clear - "why did you plant a C4?"

No.

It's YOUR responsibility to ACTUALLY READ the report details. It doesn't mean that when you're reported, it was because the player who reported you got damaged. As you can see with your response, apparently you didn't plant one, but you just armed one! This isn't a valid defense to the report meaning any casualty due to this scenario is an invalid kill = RDM = punishable.

[​IMG]

andrewca79 + BESTIRAQIGAMER + aidanirv + duuge = 4 people = RDM x4 = 5 day ban.

As staff we're allowed to accept the initial response of a player in judging a verdict.

Which part of your actual response says that?

=================

For me denying your appeal immediately:

1. It sounds like you don't really give a single shred of damn about your appeal with this:

2. I don't see a reason to unban you specially when your reason to be unbanned could pass off as a reason to actually ban you for toxic gameplay.
    Staff can close the appeal anytime they want if they deem it closable. You said it the best yourself, your appeal is made of "non-offensive jokes".

I wouldn't waste my time in an appeal that's just a "joke".

=================

You do that. Nothing for me.

7. Darragh

Darragh VIP

If you Really, really, really want to get specific about this, I didn't plant a C4, as your Report asks. Therefore your initial report could be considered confusing/"Invalid". I armed it. Your report, I guess, Is very clear in asking me why I planted it. Which I didn't. Its asking me to explain somthing I never did. Even says in the Damagelog text that you copy-pasted that I armed it, but then again, I cant answer somthing thats not a question, now can I?

I mean, this ALL could have been very easily avoided with somthing like I said earlier,
    And again, the answer I would have given would be obvious. Also Should I bring up the New appeal That I made, that is very serious, with no "non-offensive
    jokes" In it? That you seem to have completely overlook despite me tagging you in it? It may have been closed, but a quick message on the forms acknowledging its existance would have been nice.

To summarize, You didn't ask the question correctly, therefore any response I give Doesn't matter due to an
    Invalid report in the first place. In fact, mabye you should have shown some initiative and decided to make a new report that stated, Why did you arm it? Or ask me in !p messages, the forum, steam LITERALLY ANYWHERE Why I did what I did, rather than jumping to conclusions so fast as you have done on 2 occasions so far, in my experience at least.

And lets be honest here, The only reason we are debating weather it is a valid report or not, is because Its the last thing you can hold against me to keep my ban, right? And Due to reasons mentioned above^^^ and in my

(Sure thats an objective thing, so lets just focus on the faulty report)
    I am inclined to believe That your report as a whole and Mass RDM x4 ban is not valid.

(END OF SCENE 2)

8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Good morrow Darragh,

Sorry for the delay on my end; have had a few in-class projects and meeting to get finished up. Regardless, let's evaluate the performance and write a fitting epilogue.

I've gone over all the reading material related to this situation and the first thing I want to touch on what evolved to be your 'intended kill', BESTIRAQI. As you might know, in-game staff members are expected to 'slay off report response' most of the time, gathering and evaluating more information if needed to handle the situation fairly. This mentality can spill over to the forums aswell with appeals and reports involving RDM, so players can't use information they learned after the fact to maneuver their way out of punishments they otherwise would be serving.

From your second appeal:
    From your this:
    From what I can gather, your reasoning shifted as you learned more information about the situation from him being 'gba/crossfire' to 'actively perpetually traitorous actions himself', which is a change in story we are unable to accept, due to the mentality I stated before. From what I see here, the mass rdm x4 ban is valid and will stay.

1. would of been an invalid usage of crossfire, since there was no warning given for the explosive

As for your other concerns;

I see no problems with how the first appeal was handled; may seem harsh, but you have to understand what you did was rather negligent in nature. As with any appeal/report, you are free to privately contact the banning party with any questions/concerns/comments if you see the need to discuss it further.

Seems I covered all the bases here. I see no wrong-doing on Solar's part, all things considered. Keep in mind what I said earlier; this was a rather negligent and reckless play you made here, I'd advise making smarter decisions with how and when to kill players.

Cheers,

~wink

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.