Completed Report against Pacifist

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by cuckymcfucky, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name of Staff/Player:
    Pacifist
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_0:0:80064479
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:49312254
    Which Server:
    East 2
    Which Map:
    Innocent Motel
    Which Round:
    Start of map to 5 rounds before map change
    Time of Occurence:
    5:30
    Reason For Report:
    Pacifist defended QSO beasty's actions to kick me on a rule that doesnt exist and then when i reported beasty for it in the forums pacifist invalidated the post citing this rule:
    "Names: Some names are against our rules, like stated above. Names may not be inherently designed to confuse gameplay. For instance, having the name of the following, but not limited to, "Traitor", "Innocent", "Detective", "The guy next to me" etc. will not be tolerated and will be acted against accordingly. Changing your name to imitate someone is also against the rules, and will be acted upon accordingly."
    as the reason for him closing the post when my name in no way was designed to confuse other players and I still havent been pointed to where i can find a rule that actually states that mods have the power to force someone to change their name because it triggers them. I love these servers with the exception of running into some exceptionally shitty staff.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    3 English characters
    GuaranteedFailure
    Garrus​

2. Deepsea1508

Deepsea1508 Hyuman VIP Emerald

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This report is related: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-qso-beasty.40010/

To briefly sum it up, QSO asked me if he could kick this player because of his name on the server. After seeing his name I went ahead and allowed QSO to kick for refusing to change his name. I agree with his decision to go ahead and have this person change his name. I used the basis of this rule statue from the extended rules:

In the instance, QSO felt like the name "cuckymcfucky" was inappropriate and I agreed. I'll allow @Falcor to give her verdict and finish this up.

4. Could someone please link me a rule that states explicitly that mods have the authority to kick based on the "inappropriate" nature of a name? or are you just gonna keep posting a rule that doesn't apply

5. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Here you go:

But how does this apply you ask? Well...

All of these extended rules are available here incase you have any other questions.

6. The first rule you linked only applies to names that are inherently designed to confuse gameplay, which mine in no way does, the second rule you linked is completely irrelevant because the first half of my name is CUCKY which is not a swear and it is what i am most commonly reffered to as. This is admin abuse plain and simple.

7. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

• Please don't comment on reports that you are not involved in.
    I'm pretty sure all staff has that authority.

8. via what rule? staff are there to enforce rules not read inbetweeen the lines and make up rules that fit their circumstances

9. Id like to say thank you to the horrific and abusive server staff that inspired me to uninstall gmod, looking forward to not having to deal with illiterate retards who get offended at the drop of a hat

10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Locking this up until this is handled.

11. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Hi Cucky,

Apologies for the delay.
    After reviewing all the threads and posts referring to this incident.
    I see no reason why you were asked to change your name in the first place.

CuckyMcFucky is a pretty interesting name but I see no possible way it is confusing or inappropriate.
    Perhaps someone tried saying your name bothered them. Even if someone was complaining it's still an appropriate name.
    Not offensive or confusing and I see no way this name could be harassing in nature towards anyone or causing issues in game.

It's is in our rules that staff can ask you to change your name if and only when it's causing issues in game.
    Whether this be offensive beyond measure or confusing to gameplay. Your name was neither.

I also apologize for this misunderstanding. And will talk to Pacifist further about how this situation was unfair for you and any other players who may have a goofy name that isn't offensive.
    We play a game where we run around killing each other. Being kicked for naming yourself Cucky McFucky and saying it is confusing or offensive is a bit of a stretch.
    Once again sorry for any grievances this may have caused you.

Thank you for taking the time to make this report,
    Falcor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.