Completed Report against Jabba

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by Daddy Nexxus, Apr 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Jabba
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    bla
    Your Steam ID:
    who cares
    Which Server:
    West 1
    Which Map:
    67th
    Which Round:
    at least 1
    Time of Occurence:
    today
    Reason For Report:
    Camping in barn (up top jumping in/out of the window) like I always do, check everywhere, nobody in barn, back window unbroken. Falcor appears from nowhere, only way in is T room teleport, killed her, slayed.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:

2. Daddy Nexxus

3. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Gonna tag @Lordyhgm to handle the report

4. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

5. Daddy Nexxus

It's not relevant, I'm not referring to the "Barn Area", this is referring to the Barn itself. Thanks for the info, anyway.

6. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

As seen above we have a similar report dealing with this, it's linked above.

So you were reported for killing Falcor after she appeared in the barn, you assumed she teleported in.
    [​IMG]
    So after considering the report for good bit, I slayed you. I came to that conclusion because you said you checked every inch of the barn and behind every bale of hay. The problem with this is she could have entered the barn at any point while you were checking corners. Whether through the front door or even through the window you were camping. (Invisible ladder to the roof of the barn, drops down to window, picks a spot to hide.)

If you took the time to check every spot as you said you did, then you cannot be certain she didn't slip into the barn while you were looking, and hid in a spot you had checked prior.
    You even admit such a ninja like possibility in Shoutbox.
    [​IMG]

I'll leave this for my fellow Lead Administrator @Lordyhgm .

7. Daddy Nexxus

Come on man, the thing in Shoutbox was a joke. I was trying to appease someone's idea of it being a possibility. It's really not going to happen, I was the window, non stop.

This is what I do before I camp barn, pretty much:

Your video shows exactly what I described happens every time I play 67th way, me camping at the window up top, the unbroken glass at the bottom, etc. There is absolutely no way anyone was in the barn with me, or snuck in while I was sitting at that window up top.

8. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

You can't have checked the barn AND been at the window non-stop. You checking a room is all the time she needed to drop in and find a corner. And that's just a possibility, she could have walked in the front door without you hearing/noticing at any point of you checking the rooms or camping the window.

9. Daddy Nexxus

Man, you're coming off at me like I'm some kind of idiot that doesn't know what he's doing. The top window wasn't broken until I got up there, nobody could've "dropped in" and "found a corner".

10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

As someone whose seen this strategy used validly in the past, I come bearing some first hand investigative information that might benefit the result of this report. I hope this information can be seen as relevant, since this optimizes things and gives us clarity on whats possible. I really think this can be a viable strategy on a super t sided map.

It sounds like we are assuming there's a sneaky snake in the barn who could of hid out all game until nexxus arrived on site. I did a few analytics on nexxus's method shown, and found here's a few improvements he could make to truly become chad king barn checker:

(I'm assuming both windows are more virgin than holy mary herself)
    Notable changes/comments to his method I made:
    quick 180 around to immediately check shelf corner/followed in, could very easy be done with the 180 below since thats around the moment the door closes anyways.
    quick 180 on middle haybale to make sure no rooftop raptors (could be improved, definitely possible doing it this quick though.)
    checking right then left leaves less time for potential snake to work with.

Below is the fastest method from one unchecked hidingspot to a checked hiding spot I can think of:

This takes around 3.5 seconds to complete the journey. From around the :05 second mark to the :07- :08 second mark in my first video, you'll notice the semi optimal method posted making contact with that spot around that time. If I had to guess, he would catch him on top of the haypile/just descending.

I don't know what method nexxus used to clear out the barn this time around (as theres no proof that he did OR didnt do it this way), since he easily could of modified it, but it is totally possible to lock the barn down and have this be a valid kill in a few circumstances. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Aight, so after some private conversations I'll get this done soon.

12. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

So, as I went through in the group chat, there are a few considerations to this.

1 - The layout of the barn
    2 - Your searching method
    3 - Your watching method

Now, these two reports have set out a precedent that, while possible, there is a high burden of proof to kill a player using this method, especially in this window hopping way. However, these were both on vanilla and this was instead on modded with an unbroken back window, making it easier to discount an additional way in but also allow for more hiding spots (here's three we found at a glance). To this end, wink's video is probably sufficient to check all the spots, but your own is not. Here's a few videos of me playing around with this, and here's a more comprehensive one with help from Ted. (To clarify, my own searching method in this has flaws)

For this report, what matters is if Jabba had the proof your searching/watching was insufficient, which he unfortunately does not have now. In Falcor's perpective however we see you spend quite a while looking out, which may allow for time to go from under the over hang to the side sections. A likely quiet round and the recent precedents set about this method leave no saved deathscenes for that round and a far lower bar to disregard kills made like this; to this end it's understandable and can stand as a reminder to all staff to make extra sure you have evidence saved, especially for a queried report.

If anyone thinks they may have a recording, demo, or saved deathscene from the round, or has any other query about this, hmu on discord at LordyHGM#2434

Valid

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.