Completed Report against Aegis

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by DisCHQ, Feb 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisCHQ

DisCHQ Member

Name of Staff/Player:
    Aegis
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    STEAM_1:1:57282411
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:20907418
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Which Map:
    ttt_67thway
    Which Round:
    round 1
    Time of Occurence:
    09:00
    Reason For Report:
    So I believe I was slain for rdm, which was in my opinion not rdm.

It happend on the first round of 67thway. I was camping the top of the barn keeping an eye on the main door leading into the farm area. This area has only 2 ways in a T room teleport or through a single doorway.

(Technicaly you could have marked a TP spot there and used it but that doesn't matter realy you would have a T weapon and are kosable.)

Now I have checked the farm area for players I had found none other then a detective who I watched leave. A bit later I hear someone smack a crowbar below me, at this point I know the barn was empty before so whoever is in there must have used the T room teleport.

Shortly after I see Maro Lupus come up the ladder. Knowing I did not see him enter through the door he must have come through the T room or used a teleporter, so I kill him and end up slain for it.

I have killed people for this very reason plenty of times before and never gotten slain for it.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Dunno what to put here other then I know for a fact maro was not at the barn before I got there.​

2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

3. Isn't this technically a kill on sus as you did not witness them teleport to there or anything similar?

4. Maro Lupus

Maro Lupus I don't know what to make this VIP

Here is my POV from the kill, as you can see you would too be curious why you would be killed in the situation too. DisCHQ ended up claiming common sense in his response.
    [​IMG]

Before Aegis gave him a slay for it I reviewed the situation again while I was dead. It checked out with me and I told him my opinion on the report.
    [​IMG]

5. Makoto

Makoto VIP

Good evening.

Thanks to the great work of my furry fellow, we have every elements to think about this situation.
    According to DisCHQ, it was common sense but I think he omits a few important details while claiming common sense. First, since he is human, he may have not noticed that someone came from the front door because we can all make mistakes. Maro also could have been AFK the whole time at the barn, he also could have found a teleporter somewhere and Tp'ed here.

Aside from the last argument, you can contest every possibility. The main reason I slayed you was because you couldn't be 100% percent sure that he had to use the teleporter from the T room to get there. It was really close to 100% though at least from my point of view.

That's all for me, it's now up to Lordy to take a decision.

6. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Ayo, just commenting to say that I will be investigating this later

7. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Okay, so after a little checking and such, I've come to a conclusion.

There are other ways into the barn that would be impossible to watch at the same time as the others (back window boost). Furthermore, in walking round to the ladder, you would have had to leave the front doors unwatched, voiding your common sense claim as maro could've walked in, but Aegis was unable to provide any DSs, recordings or evidence of the situation due to a technical limitation at the time and as such this report will be valid for that.

This situation would certainly be common sense assuming you had completely checked the barn at the start and had watched all possible exits and entrances, but since you had left the doors unwatched to walk to the ladder, this was not the case and so Aegis was correct in adding the slay and shall not serve punishment for such.

Valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.