Invalid Report against HelixSpiral

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Staff/Player Reports' started by Jägermeister, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jägermeister

Jägermeister VIP Emerald

Name of Staff/Player:
    HelixSpiral
    UUID of Staff/Player:
    871f71cb-6a1c-439a-a761-72d15be77930
    Your In Game Nickname:
    Foxx
    Time of Occurrence:
    8:50 PM PST, March 6th 2017
    Reason for Report:
    Hello all,

Yet another report for Helix, and probably not the last.

So, where to start? Around 8:30 PM PST on the 6th of March 2017, I jokingly sent Helix a shield via market mail. The name of the shield was "Alabama Digger". I believe that this was the event that led Helix to ban me for 5 days. I can see that Helix may have thought the name of my shield was pointing to a derogatory racial slur. However, what Helix didn't know is that Alabama has a expansive coal mining history dating back to 1815. Helix could have googled that in less than 5 minutes, as I did, but he acted rash in the heat of the moment and banned me for "Nazi Propaganda", which is highlighted in the screenshot(s) below.

As stated in my previous report for Helix, I am yet again recommending the demotion of Helix, as he has jumped the gun on punishments too often to be a successful member of the moderation team.

As a side note, the shield did have a confederate flag, but I do not believe this should be classified as "Nazi Propiganda", seeing that there were no visible swastikas or other nazi emblems showcased on it or any other of my numerous creations on the server.

Thanks,
    ~Foxx/Jager​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Everybody on at the time of my ban (just before 9 PM PST).

My ban message:
    [​IMG]

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hi Foxx,

You were banned by me for Harassment, Racism, and nazi propaganda with discretion from @Robokiller87

I have seen this and I'll reply in a moment as soon as I gather all of my evidence.

3. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hi Foxx,

Thanks for the report. You did send this shield to me in chat today which led me to seek admin approval for a short 5 day ban. Below is the evidence for each reason stated in the ban message one by one.

1. Racism

A couple of days ago you posted a forum report against me here

While your report was valid, there were many instances of racism that was explained. I will repost them below in a spoiler:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Furthermore, a fellow staff member has provided me screenshots showing some of the history behind the shield in chat that you showed off during auction:

[​IMG]

You then decided to change the name of the shield to make it sound better:

[​IMG]

These two screenshots in themselves show the true context behind the shield name. And sure enough, as you mentioned- the shield did in fact contain a confederacy flag. While this is surely debatable- recent politics have sure enough attempted to link the flag with racist connotations. While the flag in itself isn't an issue- the original name of the item shows the implied context.

Today, I became the not-so-proud owner of the said shield when you decided to send it to me:
    [​IMG]

Just briefly after sending the shield, you also started sending the following song lyrics, that again, in context, the intention is clear:
    [​IMG]

With all of these instances together- especially with the shield rename, it is clear that the motivation behind repeating "digger" over and over again is to repeat a racist term and to skirt around the rules.

2. Harassment

While my previous report was claimed invalid, your actions immediately after were inappropriate. If you feel like a staff member is incorrect in their actions then the correct route is to issue a forum report or to contact their admin. You did make a forum report, but you also provided the following statement:

[​IMG]

You also repeatedly flaunted the previous forum report in chat in a mocking manner:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You also further harassed @Robokiller87 in the following screenshot:
    [​IMG]

3. Nazi propaganda

This is just another example of trying to skate the rules, and is not related to the image on your shield as mentioned. Similar to how you used the history of Alabama's mining history, you went to use Buddhism as a reason to build swastikas on the server:
    [​IMG]

While in itself, it is not against the rules to discuss this, it shows the same character behind your previous actions it further shows that this is a reoccurring pattern on the server.

Conclusion:

With all of these instances combined, I approached my admin @Robokiller87 for discretion for a short break. Aside from these recent issues, I've actually had an enjoyable time with you on the servers. It is my hope that you consider your behavior and return to the servers with a better attitude.

With that, I'll leave this to @Robokiller87 to add any additional comments and to offer his verdict.

4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Hello Foxx,

There's a stark difference between you reporting my moderator a few days ago and today. Between then and now you've accumulated a lot of attention VIA racist remarks and item names, harassment of staff members, and discussing nazi propoganda as seen in Helix's post above. In almost each instance (outside of the harassment) you turn towards "historical fact" as a reason to justify what you do and say. Nothing about those justifications is valid within our rules and since you purposefully break them or skate along them as well as have no respect for the staff members within the server I believe it was appropriate for you to receive this 5 day ban as a wake-up call because this behavior will not be tolerated so please return with a refreshed state of mind while playing Minecraft.

Report DENIED, LOCKED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.