Completed Report against HelixSpiral

Discussion in 'Archived Minecraft Staff/Player Reports' started by Jägermeister, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jägermeister

Jägermeister VIP Emerald

Name of Staff/Player:
    HelixSpiral
    UUID of Staff/Player:
    871f71cb-6a1c-439a-a761-72d15be77930
    Your In Game Nickname:
    Foxx
    Time of Occurrence:
    10:30 PM PST, March 3rd
    Reason for Report:
    I was given an unfair warning for using the word "niger" in the context of the country name.

As you can see in the first screenshot, I specify that I am, in fact talking about the country "Niger".

In the second screenshot, another player, Kyle, made a similar remark. Kyle did not receive any punishment for his remark, despite being almost the same as mine and using the same word.

This is blatant poor moderation and favoritism.

I recommend the demotion of Helix, seeing that there have been numerous reports against him and he often takes his unorthodox moderation techniques too far.

Thanks,
    ~Foxx/Jager​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Everyone online at roughly 10:30 PM PST. Adix will vouch that this thread is accurate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I have seen this and will respond in a moment.

3. El FLaco Gamer

El FLaco Gamer Ecks Dee? VIP

I apologize in advance if I am speaking out of place, but I was a witness to this, andI'd like to comment on the warning itself.

What essentially happened is just before Foxx's comment, someone else used the word 'Niger' to replace the actual banned word, and you can see Helix's response at the top of the first text-log above. Immediately afterwards Foxx made a comment using it in the correct context of a country. But even if it wasn't the case, you can see why it seems like he was intentionally dancing around the rules. But the main point of this report seems to be about favoritism, and I cannot know Kyle's side of the story, so I have no input there.

Edit: Grammar/Phrasing fixes

4. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hi Foxx,

Thanks for the report. Reports like these help me better myself as a moderator as well as keeps our staff team in check.

There is some context here that made me come to my decision to warn, in which I will include here.

First, was the comment that started the conversation:
    [​IMG]

This user was warned for using this word in the server. Despite the context, it has been decided that this type of language is not allowed on the servers.

This happened after you made some of the following comments on the server while I was dealing with a harassment claim that was very public in chat:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those comments were from before the screenshots you provided. After I issued you a warning (as seen from your screenshots) you still continued to harass me by calling me a "cuck":

[​IMG]

It is clear that the intention when in relation to this message as well as the previous comments you have been making regarding slavery, SMC rules, getting away with hate acts- it is clear that the intention here was to try to skate against the rules which then makes the language racist in itself.

As for the second part of your report regarding Kyle. Kyle actually did receive a warning as well: [​IMG]

After discussion with Kyle his intention was to steer the conversation away from the racist connotations that were occurring in the actual conversation. I talked to him about how maybe this wasn't the best approach.

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm abusing my mod privileges, however given the context of the comment I still believe the intent is clear.

I'll be tagging my administrator, @Robokiller87 for a verdict.

5. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Hello Jagermeister,

So this report will be marked valid as I believe my moderator jumped the gun on warning you seeing as a blatantly racist comment was made before, however your comment in context was perfectly fine. I apologize for this misunderstanding and I've talked to my moderator about realizing how to deal with contextual situations in the future as this situation was confusing with how people were using the word "Niger" in their sentences.

I thank you making the report as it ensures us that we can help improve our staff members and make sure these situations don't happen in the future.

Report: LOCKED

EDIT:

@Jägermeister

I apologize for this late addition to this report.

I'm going to add an addendum.

Aside from the fact the warning was made, your extremely racist comments afterwards are not the proper reaction to this situation. Your actions were uncalled for and in the future I suggest you act more calmly about it.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.