New Rule To Add

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Gay, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Lying in a report to get away with rdm should be considered a rule.
    Only because someone is not being truthfully honest with their Report and either can kill someone saying someone kos them when they really didn't. I know we have death scene to prove how something goes but I believe death scene has its limits sometimes. And it flocks out the constant liers that try to get away with RDM.

Wanna hear your input on this?

OR

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Already a rule : loopholing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

It's a Rule but not in the same contexts.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Not all lying is loopholing. If I kill somebody for unid body when there isn't any, then that's lying. If I bring unid body to a person and then kill the person for unid body, that's loopholing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

Personally, I've been banned For loopholing in the past when I, in fact, haven't. for the above reason, I don't find it fair either but I find it annoying that now players are constantly trying to lie in reports to get away with rdm. when in the past I had to wait 30 days to play again. I think Lying in a report should be at least a 2 week ban as it makes admin's and mods job much easier to handle theses reports.

6. Agent A

That's because loopholing had been misinterpreted and had been connoted with generalized lying. Due to an incident, it has been redefined into more solid definition of what loopholing really is.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

But i believe that lying should be a separate rule with a less harsh punishment as it does, in fact, lead to toxic behaviour from a player.

8. Agent A

If that's the case, we can gather evidence for a toxicity ban/warning if the person lies too many times or display toxic behavior.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

But then again what's there to stop them if they are doing it while no admins are online?

10. Daddy Nexxus

People need to get their shit straight. What he described has been explained to me as loopholing. Y'all all on the wrong page. A few weeks (maybe a month+) ago a mod told me you can kill a detective who KOSes you because KOSing endangers your life. Oh well, typical "unorganization". Happens everywhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Daddy Nexxus

Problem is, too many people just assume others are lying. You can't prove they are lying. In their mind they actually could have seen x when y is really what happened. People's minds can make some crazy shit happen. Ever heard of people hearing/seeing what they want to hear/see? Yeah, it happens all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

The issue is that is can be difficult for staff to decern lying in a report. There are some reports where people belive without a fault that some person has shot them when in fact the person who was killed never fired a shot.

Another thing that is hard is unid'd bodys. There was one report I was dealing with in which a player had left a body unid'd and was killed for it almost 30 seconds later. I had to request some sort of proof on that one as this person was never in any of the death scenes. From the report it looked like the reported player lied but with video proof from the reported playet it was clear to see that the player who was killed clearly ran away from an unid'd body.

Adding this into the rules can get good honest players falsy punished when the logs fail the staff online.

14. Daddy Nexxus

You talked about an "unIDed" body in the inital report and then turned it around and called GBA

15. Agent A

Then you are free to make report against them on the forums. If we catch a general trend of lying from the person (even through forum reports), it will all be part of building up a case for toxicity ban.

Take this person for example,

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-rabidrabbitz.38594/ - Warning
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-rabidrabbitz.38752/ - Day Global Ban
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-rabidrabbitz.38798/ - Two Weeks Global Ban

This was possible all thanks to forum reports.

16. Agent A

Please reread this:
    That occurred when loopholing was considered to be widely misinterpreted and had connotation to generalized lying. Protocols have been changed or reinterpreted.

17. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

I think lying in reports shouldn't be punished, simply because sometimes people forget why they killed someone and put a random answer. I've done it before unfortunately and had to take a slay, but I know it can also work in your favor and get you out of one. For me to get punished for not remembering why I killed someone potentially 5 minutes before (especially true if you kill 3 or more people and are trying to focus on the game)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gay

Gay Banned VIP

but I wanna clarify the rule if it is constant lying... not just 1 Lie but lying after another lie or another lie.... or even a lie that is clear as day.

Lets use this report for example.
    https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-srgtmacfly.39150/#post-361647

the guy never seen me plant the c4 yet he lies in the report and gets away with it.

19. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

So what is the set standard? 2 reports? 5? Mod's decision? If a person is lying in 5 reports across 4 maps it will be unlikely that a mod on a crazy server will be able to recall it.

It will be extremely hard to enforce

20. Agent A

Then the moderators can bring it up to the admins and get discretion to give the person even more harsher punishment for lying. But like I said, if there's a general trend and we can catch instances of such, we can give the person appropriate punishment for excessive lying (in terms of toxicity).