Mods just too busy or not enough mods

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Datagod, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Datagod

Datagod Member

Okay so me and my friends are play some Garry's mod. This one dude (dudethegamer)shows up and rdms and the guy(angel) who got rdmed wanted revenge and did rdm the person(dudethegamer) who rdmed him cause there was no mods on. I tried to to get mods on from the discord server but no one would join and so the dude(dudethegamer) who rdmed the first time got his friend(dio) on and just started rdming (mass rdming) everyone so I tried to get a mod on again no luck. So we just t baited and got him karma banned.

But wait there's more then another guy(Lana) joined and just started rdming. This was over a 2 hour period and at no point was I able to get a mod on to help. Is it just me or is this pretty bad for a serious ttt server, I am not blaming anyone, people are busy and want to do other things but there was 5 admins (online) and 15 mods (online) on the discord server. I only got a reply from Irish who couldn't even join so he tagged another mod.

All I am really trying to say is could mods be a bit more active or maybe have more mods to moderate servers.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Confusing x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Datagod

Datagod Member

@Peach I fixed it sorry for the bad spelling

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. LBPotatoes

LBPotatoes That’s so crunchy VIP

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Datagod

Datagod Member

You think I am right though? Just kinda annoyed cause I wasn't able to get a mod on at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Hey, I really do get the frustration but mods do have lives outside of staffing and more priorities in staffing, Also it sucks in this time period there is a lack of mods (Not a lot that can be done)
    My best advice man is to get evidence using "ttt_print_damagelog" in console, getting the evidence of RDM and reporting the player here

https://www.seriousgmod.com/forums/ttt-staff-player-reports.5/

And don't worry, RDMers usually have some bad karma coming their way :)
    #alwaystrustespurr

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

Mods be busy, some aren't available.

Tbh I feel we need more staff, I've been used to having bigger staff teams and not capping the staff. Honestly, the staff count will never outmatch the active player count, so I think we need to up the cap limit and look for more people who are available to staff at times when most staff are away or sleepin or busy. Just my opinion tho

• Like Like x 1
  7. Datagod

Datagod Member

Hey thanks for the advice and help and I completely understand mods being busy. But you feel the oof hard when you just see them on the bigger server with like five mods on already the biggest server. (hypothetical situation and I know more people=more need for mods)

8. Datagod

Datagod Member

Hey I feel the same way that's why I want to help and be a mod but I got basically kicked in the rear from a admin saying "there is not enough room for more mods we are only looking for one more"

9. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Feelsbadman

where’s the “they did my boy wrong” rating

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

they all like to staff at the same time and not spread out over a time period sorry bucko

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  11. Datagod

Datagod Member

@8BitF0x how is it confusing? Did I word something wrong if so sorry.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

This wouldn't be a problem if mods were paid, and paid enough to quit their jobs. Then they could be assigned shifts and there'd be 24/7 coverage on the server

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I CAN HELP!

"Okay so me and my friends were playing Garry's Mod and this one guy named dudethegamer showed up and rdmed angel, who then turned around and rdmed dudethegamer back. I tried to get mods on from the discord server but no one would join and so dudethegamer got his friend dio on and they just started mass rdming everyone on the server. I kept trying to get a mod on, but again, no luck. So we just t baited dudethegamer and eventually got him karma banned.

But wait there's ore! Another guy named Lana joined and he also started RDMing. There was over a 2 hour period where I was not able to get a mod on to help. Is this just me, or is that pretty bad for a serious ttt server? I am not blaming anyone, people ar ebusy and want to do other things, but there was 5 admins online and 15 mods on the discord server. I only got a reply from irish who couldn't even join so he tagged another moderator. All I am really trying to say is this: can moderators be more active? Can we maybe get more moderators to moderate the servers?"

Personally? Yeah, sometimes the servers are covered so poorly that RDM and shit like that is so widespread that the servers are borderline unplayable. It is difficult, however, to find people who will staff at certain times, and this has always been a problem by the way. I believe that steps are being taken to mitigate this problem, as Jabba recently added an extra slot to each admin. That being said, I doubt that will fix the issue. I doubt anything will fix the issue. It just is a fact of SGM.

fuck you woet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Datagod

Datagod Member

Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  16. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Theres also the issue of other servers as well. I know I and a couple other mods were staffing vanilla and east at the time and unfortunately it was quite a mess there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cash

If you have 3 mods split across 2 servers, and the 3rd server needs a mod then have the 3rd mod hop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Datagod

Datagod Member

I am not blaming anyone, it's just that in quai
    That does seem good on paper but the server with two mods could very well have to much people on for just one mod.

19. Datagod

Datagod Member

Is understandable I am only trying to bring to light a area where the server could get some help

20. Cash

A server is rarely too much to handle for one mod, unless that mod is new. If it is too much for that mod, they could swap with a mod who is more experienced

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1