Important Night and EU Moderators Needed!

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Solar, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

[​IMG]
    Huge thanks to @Slicck and @Darktooth for the original thread.
    ==========================================================================
    Are you a dedicated player that wants to help out the staff team and the community?
    Are you willing to be the hero to keep the peace on hours that most people are not?
    Think about it: Anyone can be a day staff, but not everyone can be night staff :sneaky:
    So are you willing to take the challenge of being in an elite cast of people known as the Night Team?
    If your answer is yes to all of these, we want you!

REQUIREMENTS

• 70% of your playtime must be within 10 pm - 10 am PST.
    • You must have at least 20 hours of playtime on our servers (type !stats to check your hours in-game).
    • You must be applying to help the server, not to help yourself.
    • Be able to uphold the server staff's reputation as a professional and mature person.
    • Previous staff experience and recommendation from other staff members is a plus.
    • A duly completed application form. (https://www.seriousgmod.com/forms/moderator-application.2/respond)
    INSTRUCTIONS

Pretty simple; write your app like you normally would, but enter *Night Staff* beside your IGN like so:
    Make sure to be as specific as you can with your playtime within the time frame. @Solar and @Rhienor will be the ones reviewing the applications as they are the current administrators of the night teams. If you have any questions, you may contact them in any platform that is most comfortable for you, but make sure to not advertise your application. It can take anywhere from a day, to a couple of months for your app to be accepted or denied, but keep in mind that you're always being considered. Patience is a virtue! :)

This thread will remain open if any players ask questions, but please do not post your app on here.

NOTES AND FAQS

1. If you're applying for night staff, as the name suggests you are expected to play MOST of your game time under these time frames. This however does NOT mean you are limited to these time frames alone. You may inquire with one of the admins regarding their hour requirement.

2. If you're using the night team as a stepping stone in order to be shifted to a day staff team, there is no guarantee you will be allowed to. This will be decided upon the night admin you are under on.

3. Night Staff does not equate to lesser staff. In fact, you may think of it as a special class of Staff Members since they are available on times most people are not.

4. Night Staff does not mean you only have moderator powers at night hours.

5. Night Hours are roughly within the same time frame as the peak of EU players being online. If you're wondering why we just don't merge the classification is because the priority of Night Staff members are the US servers. For example, if both East 1 and EU servers are filled and is without a staff member, the Night Staff member is expected to go to East 1. This does not necessarily mean that a Night Staff member cannot staff an EU server, and vice-versa.

6. If your hours fall under night hours but plays mostly on EU, you may still apply for the position although more often than not you will be looked upon by an EU administrator first. Also, you'll be expected to fill in what a night staff member does and prioritize US servers than EU servers which means higher ping and latency for you, so most often than not the night team will be more inclined to accept applicants outside of EU.

7. If you'd like to apply for either Night staff or EU staff, you may instead name your application as *Night/EU Staff* or *EU/Night Staff* whichever suits your tastes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

[​IMG]
    REQUIREMENTS
    • 70% of your playtime must be in the EU server, and we'd like to see people in EU time zones (or any close timezone - this is so you can staff during peak EU times, and not American times).
    • You must have at least 15 hours of playtime on our servers (type !stats to check your hours in game).
    • You must be applying to help the server, not to help yourself.
    • Be able to uphold the server staff's reputation as a professional and mature person.
    • Previous staff experience and recommendation is a plus.
    • BILINGUAL SKILLS - Those with the ability to speak other languages (mostly EU ones - German, French, Russian, etc) is a strong asset to your application, if possible.
    • A duly completed application form. (https://www.seriousgmod.com/forms/moderator-application.2/respond)
    INSTRUCTIONS

Pretty simple; write your app like you normally would, but make sure to choose the "TTT EU Staff" team.

Make sure to be as specific as you can with your playtime within the time frame. It will help our EU admins with deciding whether you qualify or not. @andrewca79, @Noob999, and @Smusha, our EU admins, will be reviewing your applications. If you have any questions, PM them on the forums but do not advertise your app. It can take anywhere from a day, to a couple of months for your app to be accepted, or denied. Be patient! :)

This thread will remain open if any players ask questions, but please do not post your app on here.

NOTES AND FAQS

1. If you're applying for EU staff, as the name suggests you are expected to play MOST of your game time on EU servers, regardless of time frame. This however does NOT mean you are limited to these servers alone.

2. If you're using the EU team as a stepping stone in order to be shifted to another team, there is no guarantee you will be allowed to. This will be decided upon the EU admin that you are under on.

3. EU Staff does not equate to lesser staff. It also does not mean that your moderation powers are limited to EU servers.

4. EU peak hours are roughly within the same time frame as night hours. If you're wondering why we just don't merge the classification is because the priority of EU Staff members are the EU servers, while Night Staff members are for the US servers. For example, if both East 1 and EU servers are filled and is without a staff member, the EU Staff member is expected to go to EU. Again, this does not necessarily mean that an EU Staff member cannot staff a US server, and vice-versa.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

If you do not mind me asking, why is this being reposted?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

We need night and EU moderators. Day moderators are easy to get, as many players are up at these times on the daily. Night staff on the other hand are positions that are harder to fill as not every person in the world sleeps during the day and is active at night. Eu is a minority of the overall server population, so getting EU staff is also a challenge at times.

EDIT: Apparently when I said that EU is a minority of the overall population some people got it confused and took it as a negative. What I mean by that is, there are more american servers, and by that we get more american users then we do EU as there are only 2 EU servers. Therefore they are the minority and american users are the majority. Nothing negative about that, it's just a simple fact.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ryan4win

ryan4win I was supposed to do great things Banned VIP+ Silver

Old one was better!

• Agree x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  6. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I would moderate EU 4 hours a day 7 days a week, If you pay me $20 a week.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
  7. Amr

I will do it for free and also sell my two kidneys, sorry sir but you have been out played.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Wex

Wex The enemy of art is the absence of limitations VIP Bronze

where do i sign up?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Grillz Best Friend

Grillz Best Friend Too Edgy VIP

It says to just do a normal app with the added *Night Staff* in front of your ign

10. Amr

I got another inquiry, say you had a normal app and you then you wanted to change it too night, do you need to post on it saying that you are changing your app to night of just change it.

11. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

You just change it. :)
    #confirmed from @Pacifist

• Like Like x 1
  12. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

STR Night Staff

• Winner Winner x 5
  13. lewis1000

lewis1000 VIP

There are:
    9 day moderator slot(s)
    4 night moderator slot(s)
    1 EU moderator slot(s)
    Currently available.

More like we need more day

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Ofcourse we need daystaff , but we also need to advertise about night and EU as well since they're a different class of moderation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I kinna nervous when i do "apply" as a job for not only that, but uhh.... such as work days.
    Since i am new to this I don't know what the choice i should go to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

While staff members do have a quota to reach biweekly, you're not necessarily forced into it. As long as you are above the hour requirement, you can staff whenever you need to. No forced staffing days.

So if you're interested, then give it a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. oh ok, i understand.
    my playtime is around 11PM to 2AM ph time; friday & saturday
    sometimes i usually play gmod on spare time *saturday though.
    Just the fact i'm 14, doesn't mean any restrictions just needed to apply for a mod?

Edit: I usually play on TTT Vanilla Server, did i picked the wrong forum?

18. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Nope, but you need to maintain at least 20 hours biweekly for staff. Do you think you can do that?

19. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Just keep your best foot forward and try your best. For applications though, please fill up the link below. Thank you!

https://www.seriousgmod.com/forms/moderator-application.2/respond

20. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

We have no age restrictions. Anyone can apply as long as they can hit the proper hour requirement and show that they have the qualities needed in the staff team. 30 hours biweekly is recommended considering every admin has differing hour requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1