Hardcore Fun Round

Discussion in 'Fun Rounds' started by john redcorn, Oct 16, 2016.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I'm going reboot the reboot for this suggestion (http://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/hardcore-fun-round.17225/) since we have an active developer now who could possibly make it a reality. @Chai

The hardcore fun round who simply be a round of TTT with some slight changes to make it "hardcore". These changes would be alterations to the HUD so one could not see HP (and potentially can't see the crosshair?), proximity based voice chat/text chat, and perhaps some slight alterations damage, including the possibility to bleed out.

The only negativity stated towards this guy was it was slightly too similar to the actual game mode.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Orion, original post 2014
    Matt Allen, Rebooted Post 2015
    Wink, 2016 rebooting of the first reboot suggestion

You are rebooting a thread that was a reboot of the first thread. Boy that's fuckin meta.
    +1

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

4. Zombina

Zombina VIP

Sure, why not! +1

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

+1

I'd also like to see mixes, like headshot wars regular round, normal ttt but headshots only

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

but what if i want a hardcore ttt gamemode that only tells you your role and stuff like that?

7. lewis1000

lewis1000 VIP

+1 sounds good

8. Dunkel

Dunkel Member

+1 Very possible.

9. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

This will separate the real men from the bois

10. john redcorn

Just had a brief idea on how to the expand this more into it's own "fun round" type deal, weapons/loadouts from the point shop could be disabled to give everyone a fair playing ground on top of the hardcore tweaks, making them search and potentially bicker over valued weapons.

The c shops for both detective and traitor could either be disabled (and give them the stereotypical last few alive "radar") or up the ante and introduce minimalistic shops with more expensive items, such as removing the jackhammer and silence machine gun from each shop respectively, and making detectives buy their body armor and traitors spend double on it.

Just thought it adds a little more depth and drives it away from the standard round that much more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. john redcorn

I still think this could be neat and doable, so I'll be bumping it. However, a few things to consider:

Proximity voice chat should be off the table, no questions asked. Too many potential issues with it. C shop offerings could still be altered, but making stuff cost more than one credit is a noo noo. Something I would like to see is a reduction of weapons and only core gameplay items offered.

I understand it's not exactly in the spirit of 'fun-rounds' in the sense it still very much follows the core gameplay rules of TTT and doesn't give staff members that well deserved round of relief. However, I still think it could be fun and present a challenge to most players. Thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

+1 The HUD changes and disabling loadouts sounds quite fun for a change.

Though like you point out, the fun round should essentially be vanilla base. People cheesing by buying frag nades from shop or getting C4 as Ts would just ruin the point of the fun round. C shops should just have items that are investigative based(Radar, binoculars, decoy etc).

13. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

+1

14. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

AK would be a one-tap. Sounds fun. +1

15. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

If this is gonna happen..
    To compensate, it gets unpredictable recoil and higher spread. Also you slow down whilst firing, you can't do any funky jumping while firing either. On top of that, bullet drop off/fall damage is relevant.

x
    d

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

Hell yeah. Was sorta thinking that TeamDeath Match Hardcore might be fun too. +1

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I gotta agree +1

18. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

hardcore would mean. 1 in a chamber + headshot war

19. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver