Answered Hacking definition

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Indy226, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Привет, so i know aimbotting is a bannable offense ( thats not really hacking but whatever). But what about other things like auto clickers, or other things that improve performance not that much?

2. Pretty sure autoclickers don't really give an advantage, but bhop scripts and other shit is probably considered as "hacking"

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Macros (to an extent) and keybinds are completely fine to my knowledge. Not so sure about autoclickers, though they're probably allowed.

BHop scripts, aimbotting, wall hacking, no recoil, and T finders are all off limits. Most of this should be common sense.

If you have to ask, chances are it's not allowed.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  4. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

how is aimbot not hacking

anyways, depends.

no recoil macros and auto fire macros aren't allowed, they give you an advantage.

stuff like automatically buying stuff from t shop or pointshop is allowed (even though technically it also gives an advantage)

at least that's how I remember it was, I might be wrong, so blame the staff member who approved this if it's indeed incorrect. (in case you approve)

5. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

6. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

Anything that can give you a advantage.

Aimbot, noclipping, lagg-switching, the use of scripts like bhop and stuff.
    Also mods that can affect your vision or gameplay like making the C4 10 times bigger are counted as hacking. But staff have their way of finding out these kind of things.
    Not to forget that if you have no "modded version of gmod which can display the maps of the modded servers and you use the blanc version you can be caught for hacking since it is a advantage

7. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Well, there wouldn't be console commands for buying traitor/detective if it was such a big disadvantage. Anyone can make a bind to buy their radar, their armor, etc. At least that is how I see it.

8. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

So what is outlined above pretty much sums it up:
    [​IMG]

I can also provide what we on the TF2 Wiki Staff Team + Community define as Hacking/Cheating:
    Cheating is a term that describes the use of third-party programs or materials in order to gain an unfair advantage
    Most take the form of:

• Engine hooks, which "hook" parts of the source engine and use them for their cheat.
    Ex: Createmove/PaintTraverse
    • Material cheats, use custom materials to lower the opacity of walls or make players easier to see.

Third Party Programs is pretty obvious:
    - Aimbot
    - Scripts
    - Macros (to an extent)
    - Autoclickers (well there isn't much use of it in TTT since everything/most things are practically a fixed rate)

Graphical Improvements/enhancements, well see the above note I posted from the TF2 Wiki.

Honestly most of it is really covered by everyone else here so I'm hoping that pretty much covers it.

9. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

this question has been answered in various formats above. If you still need a definition of hacking despite this, feel free to pm me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.