A good cause

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by POP STAR, Nov 9, 2017.

1. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Hey guys!

So if you guys know who @Destiny Blade is then you'll also probably know that he has a pretty awful computer. He's a great guy and has provided a lot of us with awesome memories. His computer, however, not so many great memories. We want to change that!

Therefore we've started a GoFundMe to help fund the project of building him a new computer. If you're interested in helping out then feel free to check it out here: https://www.gofundme.com/helping-scotty-build-a-new-computer !

If you're strapped on cash, but still want to help, then just leaving a comment about some great memories you've had with Scotty would be perfectly fine too. This is completely voluntary and donating is not at all a necessity to send the message that you appreciate him too.

Here's the GoFundMe write up for those who might not be able to load it -
    I'll provide a Q&A here to help tackle some points -
    Q: Why would we donate to someone who constantly gives other people ranks?
    Scotty's a great guy and he loves SGM. He cares about his friends so much that he does it at his own expense, and would rather see his friends happy than to treat himself. We don't think we can use that against him to be selfless and show his friends that he cares. We think we can show him that we too appreciate him.
    Q: Who's on the Computer Building team?
    We currently have a line-up of a few people we'll be turning to for advice, but if you have any suggestions then feel free to post it on this thread using https://pcpartpicker.com ! Please try to stay within the budget of about $900.
    Q: How do we know the money is going to actually go to him?
    This is being guided by his friends and staff-members affiliated with the project who will keep tabs to ensure no discrepancies occur. We've also taken the necessary approaches to ensure that if this does somehow not go the way we intend we will invoke our SCAM and ILLEGAL rules and will issue a permanent ban for whoever might be the cause.
    Q: Who is Scotty?
    @Destiny Blade

Any further questions can be asked below or forwarded to @HelixSpiral , @Atlas the Grey Jedi Knight , @Graze , and myself.

Thanks guys!!

• Friendly x 16
    • Winner x 15
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

I honestly wish I could rate something better than winner. All of you guys this is amazing that y'all would even do this. Legit I just had a crap day at work, I read this and it just turned around. I can express my thanks more than I want to. Truly thank you guys for this project.

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

sellout

jk scotty u know we love u

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

here is my question, he gives so many people legendary and etc so why didn’t he just use the rank money to buy a dank pc? just something to ponder before i give my last penny in my piggy bank to this man!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. POP STAR

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. sam.

sam. VIP

okay listen dude, if you don't want to donate don't. this isn't supposed to be controversial.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  8. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]

lol because donating is obviously mandatory /s

You'll definitely get unbanned from shoutbox at this rate :oops:

Anyway, onto the actual topic, Scotty is a good guy, and has donated at least $50 my way since we met (granted, it was a random giveaway, but still)
    He should copyright the memes we make about him. He'd make millions

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Nebula

Nebula Space Freak Banned Elite

ily scotty :c
    eee i wish i could donate but i have no credit card

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Trevor ッ

Trevor ッ VIP Bronze

excuse me sir i deleted that post and brought it to the convos, message me if you have a problem :mad:

• Dumb x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  11. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

By the way, everything in total should be upwards of $1000, unless you're planning on using your own money to build it, pack it, and ship it. Shipping a computer is a costly thing, given that Scotty doesn't live down the road from you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Machinekiller00

Machinekiller00 I <3 Gunter VIP Silver

I'm poor af so I can't donate but just know we love you scotts :love: @Destiny Blade

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. POP STAR

So we're still in debate of if we want to just send all the money directly to Scotty, or actually send the money to someone to buy and put the whole thing together and proceed with the shipping. I'd agree that there'd be some concerns in regards to the shipping cost and safety of the build. We'll have to see what our options are when the goal is neared or hit when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Here are my specs:
    iMac (24-inch, Early 2008)
    Processor: 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo
    Memory: 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Suck it up, buttercup xD
    JK tho, I hope you get a better setup! <3

15. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I have no money to give so I hope my words are worth a penny. I have never in my time here met someone so honestly caring as you. Someone who doesn't get upset at people and who remembers that we are here to have fun. If there was anyone in this world that deserved this pc it would be you. The best memories I have staffing is when I am training with trial mods, and you were one of the memorable trial mods I ever had the pleassure to train. SO understanding and filled with so much raw ambition that it was intoxicating. That was the kind of thing that made me go on when I was a moderator back then. I was dealing with some serious shit in my head that I needed to get over, and whenever I see you on steam I always feel like I can talk to you. Maybe that isn't always the case, maybe I'm just being silly but I feel like I can trust you with pretty much anything.

Good luck getting your computer man.
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Ichikunjii

Ichikunjii Vous avez changé VIP Iron

We've had some nice chats. Hopefully everything works out. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

900 huh? What's it gonna be used for? Include details.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. POP STAR

A brand new computer. Still in debate of whether we want to build one custom, or buy a premade one to avoid the trouble.

19. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

TTT duh

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

@Destiny Blade Fuck you.
    You're the reason I'm still here.
    Unless I lost count at some point, you've given me like $50 worth of ranks.

Also, remember when I said you're the reason I'm still here?
    That's why you're in my signature.
    And while there are lots of great people here...

My fucking dudeboyman, you've been an absolute champ.
    Be it welcoming me on the forums and indulging my stupid jokes, giving me ranks, or helping me out with my application.
    You kept an eye out for me.
    Uno among many.
    And I'm convinced many have felt the same.

And I'll be damned if I don't tell you - and show you - that I appreciate that, my white 'n' smooth, frosty Scotsman's blade.
    Buy yourself a PC. Buy your whole family PCs.
    The fuck you part was just to make me look less gay.
    Love you, mon'ami (dat be French 4 friend) :love:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1