Approved Zander's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Zander, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zander

Zander New Member

Your In Game Nickname:
    Zander
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:9282976
    Which Server:
    Vanilla
    Why you should be unbanned:
    Banned for hacking. What else can I say besides I wasn't...
    Evidence of Innocence:
    I can't provide evidence... But I don't want to just get banned and do nothing about it.​

2. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

You were banned by @Finn for your hacking 1st offense. He will respond at his earliest convenience. Please be patient for the time being and play on our other 4 servers while you wait as this is only a local ban. This report will be dealt with in a timely manner.

3. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Just going to say I was there as well. @Finn asked me to go to the server to witness your playing, and give a 2nd opinion if you were recoil hacking or not. From when I was there, your recoil was minimal to not there. Now that by itself is not much evidence, but you went on to kill I believe 2 or 3 T's one after another with no evidence, KOSes, and they had not done anything traitorous. Finn and I are uploading the videos we have, so please be patient.

Thank you.

4. ant.

ant. I'm not your da da VIP Silver

I've known Zander since I used to play TF2, probably 2-3 years ago. He's just a very good player. I think your no recoil ban may of been premature, and this is coming from the guy who was also falsely banned for no recoil hacks.

Edit P.S: Zander what I did to prove my innocence was record myself opening garrys mod, joining a TTT server and demonstrate the gun with and without your recoil control(maybe kill some nubs while you're at it). I did it with twitch.tv since it automatically saves your broadcasts, but if you have another way it'll be fine.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  5. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Hello Zander!

Thank you for taking the time to appeal this ban. As stated above I banned you for four weeks for Hacking - 1st Offense. On October 17, 2014, at approx. 12:15, players on the vanilla server that you were on, and I was moderating, began to complain that you might be hacking. So, after being brutally murdered by you (you were a T, I was an inno, we cool), I went into spectator mode and began to watch you for about 11 rounds. This is some footage of what I saw.

About 15-20 minutes into me spectating you, I called upon fellow staff member Rice to come to vanilla to also spectate you and to confirm that what I saw was indeed not an over-exaggeration. We both agreed that you seemed to have virtually no recoil in comparison to other players with ak's, and that you seemed to know who the t's were without them doing anything traitorous, though that may have been due to ghosting.

At this point I reached out to Lead Admin Sinz for guidance, and, to quote him, "If you're really iffy, don't ban, But if you're sure, do." So I banned you for Hacking - 1st Offense.

In regards to potential ghosting, the ban length is the same, and I thought the Hacking was more prevalent, so I chose Hacking.

At this point I would like to present all the evidence to @Sinz and @Event Horizon and let them either confirm your ban, or accept your appeal. Also Rice will be uploading his videos shortly, if he hasn't already, just in case I missed something.

Hope you have a good one.

Also, side note, I will be editing the first video and adding annotations so that nobody has to watch the whole thing, a lot of it is pointless meandering around, but it is currently 2:53 a.m. and I work at 4:30 a.m., so most likely this will not be done until 2 or 3 p.m. later today.

6. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

The 2nd video is uploading and I will be leaving it over the night/morning for it to upload. I will update this post when I wake up and the video is done.

EDIT made

7. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Having played with Zander before, I can vouch that he is an experienced player on the servers. By the looks of the videos provided, it does not appear to be a no recoil hack.

Just to note, recoil looks a lot different to spectators than it does to the actual player. When I was really active on the servers, I had someone pm me to tell me it looked like I had a no recoil hack when using the ak.

8. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Hence the 11 rounds. I made sure to watch other players with aks and the map changed in between, 100% sure that his ak responded different than others, regardless of spectator mode.

9. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

10. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Zander is not hacking. It's clearly obvious to me at least that he is simply controlling his recoil very well. He also has no sign of wall or aim hacks. I also have experience with this player before, he's just a regular who's good.

11. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I have evidence. He might be hacking. I don't think he is. I have evidence of what could be a hack. When he shot a window he was careless of his recoil and didn't really control it. It went all over the place. I'll upload my demos soon.

It may not mean anything but I looked up stuff for STEAM_0:1:9282976 and nothing was found. He was banned on SeriousTTT for rdm and leave. That's about it. He plays TF2(He had stats from a server) He is a very good player. I didn't really see any CS:confused: though. No history is bans. If you look closely then he has small recoil. Maybe @Zander can record singleplayer footage and show himself controlling the AK. Then we can see where his shots went.

Look at lollust's appeal. Zander is not hacking. He is very suspicious. He was banned off suspicion.

Sources: http://stats.hyperiongaming.org/playerinfo/38417 ; http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561197978831681

12. Finn

Finn Human VIP

And the ghosting? Clearly the videos aren't enough to prove whether he is or isn't hacking, and if senior staff feel he isn't that is fine, but he still appeared to know who the t's were and that is still a concern for me. I want to be clear that this isn't a witch hunt, I just want to be fair to the players that were on the server and felt that they were unjustly killed.

13. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I didn't see any ghosting. It's obvious to tell who are ts if you play long enough (like me)

14. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

There is no hacking by watching the videos. I've also played with Zander quite a bit in the past. The videos you uploaded also do not prove any form of ghosting was put in as well unfortunately. Finding a traitor isn't really that difficult since there are many factors that can cause a traitor to be exposed.

15. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Considering this ban is upon debate, you have been unbanned until a resolve can be made. If this ban appeal is approved, the ban will be voided from your record.

16. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Coming from a person who has fooled around a bit with Hacks in the past, I can say that this doesn't look like recoil hacks. There are staff members, such as me and Event Horizon that can control our Ak's recoil better than this; it all comes with experience, and Zander has been here for awhile. Even if he was hacking, I do not feel the evidence provided is conclusive enough, in my own personal experience.

17. Finn

Finn Human VIP

Let me begin by saying Appeal Approved. As stated above most senior staff feel that you were indeed not hacking and there is either no proof or not enough conclusive proof to ban you for ghosting. I felt while watching you that you showed beyond human control of your ak, and you may take that as a compliment if you were indeed not hacking. It didn't help that you seemed to pull of multiple kills very rapidly while being fired upon, and that you seemed to know who the t's were. Again, senior staff felt that this could be done and proved nothing, and that you showed no sign of ghosting. So in light of what they have said this appeal has been approved. Have a good day. Topic Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.