World of Warcraft thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ArcticFox29, Jan 11, 2016.

?

Alliance or Horde?

1. Alliance

22.9%
  2. Horde

25.7%
  3. Both

24.3%
  4. Brb gonna go play League

27.1%
  1. ArcticFox29

ArcticFox29 Creator of lag. Silver

Feel free to post whatever you would like that is WoW-related.

Transmogs, your character's info (realm, race, class, spec, name, guild, etc), achievements, collector's items (mounts, pets, toys, etc), critiques of the game, tips, screenshots, funny moments, nostalgia.. anything you'd like to post.

My main is a protection paladin on the server Detheroc (horde side).

My favorite mount that I received is Invincible.
    Favorite pet is Hatespark or my spectral tiger cub.

And my greatest achievement: I got the Ironman - Warsong Gulch achievement naked. Zero armor, zero weapons, zero deaths. Just 3 glorious nudist flag captures.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

LvL 92 Hunter. (Horde cause lady force me too) ;-;
    I played WoW since pre-k - 3rd grade
    I quit due to school and i eventually got bored of it since my Uncle quit WoW too but,
    Lady persuaded me (Begged me) to play WoW again and i finally did :)
    I'm having fun rekting people in Battlefield >: )

• Like Like x 2
  3. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

Level 100 Night Elf Rogue - Brahmad (Brahma was taken:( )
    Started actually playing WoW in september with an actual subscription. I was spamming the 10 day trial accounts during the time.
    I had more characters, but i shared an account with my brother and made me waste a 90 character boost on him and hasnt touched the game since. So I decided to make my own account when the game was on sale during the holidays and used the boost on a Blood Elf Mage.
    #TeamAlliance and I prefer Alliance since I have more map memory and more on this side than horde, though this will change with the blood elf I created.

You'll find me on the Zul'jin realm upgrading a Night Elf Hunter (Favorite Race) with Brahmad being my main and the only character I decided to spend 25 bucks on to transfer.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!

HORDE SCUM

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. DrkSephy

DrkSephy VIP Bronze

Join the DARK SIDE Falcor.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

When I used to play, I switched between a human/troll level 90 frost mage during MoP. Don't play anymore though because #osrs

• Like Like x 1
  7. ArcticFox29

[​IMG]

Never forget the horrors of the first night of Warlords of Draenor. Good times....
    My brother and I stayed up all night (despite the fact that we were both in college and it was a school night) to level, and then we reached this obstacle.
    Before it was patched, in order to get a garrison, you had to talk to this NPC...one by one. Only one person could do the quest at a time. The entire server was trying to do it at once.
    Some assholes got on their biggest mounts just to piss off others. After sitting here for a few hours, we managed to get the entire server into a LONG single-file line.

Ah, memories.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ArcticFox29

I think I need to post the best WoW videos here.

Who's the Tank? (facepalm-worthy but hilarious)

The Craft of War - Blind (music video with epic custom animations, rogues ftw) (serious)

World of WORKcraft (hilarious)

WoW Class Stereotypes (so true...I'm a pally)

Dude, Where's My Mount? (series, episode 1) (funny)

DUNGEON DAN! (funny)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBie8LbWAbU

WoD Savagery Check (beta)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGoWG1NOXmU

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer The One and Only VIP

I used to play WoW, and I did so for every expansion up through MoP.

For all of that time since the beta (I played the beta with my parents' account since I was pretty young back then), I've always played my favorite class, the rogue.

Obviously for people who've avidly played WoW from before MoP and through to the newer expansions, you'll know how completely buttfucked rogues became. Got nerfed to absolute hell, and of course my rogue character had all my rep, money, etc. After getting annihalated repeatedly in PVP and failing to do anything useful in raids/dungeons because of the nerf, I ragequit WoW and haven't looked back since.

I'll probably try it at somepoint in the future if things improve, however. My sister still plays it frequently.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ArcticFox29

Actually, rogues are being put back on the list of OP-ness (lol) in PvP. At low levels they still are amazing, if you want to twink a toon. At high levels, they're actually making a comeback.

For me though, I'm totally screwed in PvP. I've been maining a protection paladin in PvP, for a long time now. Back when I started, ZERO people played prot pallies in BGs/arenas/RBGs. Every time I joined , everyone called me a noob for being a tank in PvP and told me to reroll. I topped all the charts every single BG. Damage, healing, kills, killing blows, captures, etc. And back then, it was pretty hard to be successful in PvP as a prot pally. Towards the middle of MoP though, they became too OP and everyone started rolling PvP prot pallies. They became ridiculously OP at lower levels (at high levels not so much, but I still had a high arena ranking regardless)...so in the pre-WoD patch, they made it so that prot pallies in PvP take more damage and heal themselves less. That solved the problem at low levels, now they're totally average, but for cap level? I LITERALLY can't play at all. I basically get two shot and can't heal myself a single bit. It's beyond frustrating to go from top of the server to a total scrub, all thanks to an imbalance in game mechanics.
    No, they aren't going to fix prot pallies in PvP with legion, but the PvP talent trees might help a bit.

As for rogues, from what I read about Legion (where PvP is the main focus FINALLY), they are probably going to be super OP at cap level in PvP again, so don't worry too much ;) You'll be back to your old self by the end of the year (if you feel like picking the game back up again at that point).
    Seriously, I feel like Legion is pretty much going to balance out almost all the classes/specs for PvP, because of the way they developed the new system. You get new talents especially made for PvP as you become more skilled and "level" in PvP. It goes by experience, and it'll be WoW-gasmic. Plus the cosmetics of the new weapons (weapons also have their own talent trees) will look SO GOOD for PvP. I'm dying for it.

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Cee

Cee Dobar dan! Supporter

I main a holy priest and a resto shammy. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lvl 100 Tauren Paladin and lvl 65 Goblin Rogue. For the Horde!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

ret paladin 4 life

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. ArcticFox29

[​IMG]

@DrkSephy , I've been trying to show Emtech all of the old content, so he gets a sense of the lore and an appreciation for old fashioned WoW.
    Not only did he get Ashes of Al'ar on the first try, but every raid/dungeon we run through, all of the extremely rare pets/toys/mounts (etc) drop (several per day, occasionally several per instance). There's been no need for reruns, the lucky bastard ;-; Some of which took me years to farm. I cry.

If anyone wants to run some old content with us -- for nostalgia, achievements, or collectibles -- add me on BNet: puppy890#1842

15. hello my friend

hello my friend ciao amico mio Banned Elite

That's really cool. @Nicol Bolas when can you run me through stuff like this? ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

I can hammer through old content as fast as you like, if you want it for achieves, story, or whatever. Doe most of the old dungeons and/or raid achieves, still missing some but I know tactics. More than happy to help =)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ArcticFox29

Happy to announce @Darkness has been recruited into Azeroth! Now Emtech, Darkness, and I are an epic paladin trio!

Also, I just had the best experience with a Blizz GM. Long story short, there was an issue with guild ranks, and someone was accidentally given bank access, and stole the entire thing. I was skeptical about making a ticket, as most GMs I've interacted with via webticket were incredibly rude. However, this time, she was absolutely amazing. http://i.imgur.com/iA00QvQ.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Interrible

Interrible Member

I've only heard lots of good things about blizz customer support. It's a pretty good marketing strategy, considering how the customer support is with other reputable game companies.. (read: valve)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Brahma

Brahma Homecoming. VIP Silver

GM Peromack is pretty cool
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Shattered

Shattered pinnacle of mediocrity VIP

I'm guessing you are all playing on the American version. It kinda sucks you have to pay for one version or the other.(got the eu version)