Answered When can you shoot the sniper?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Juice Juice™, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

A. When they fire to a location you just saw someone standing (but you didn't confirm that person is still there)
    B. When they fire downwards at random, into a direction you don't know for sure, but there are a lot of people everywhere below
    C. Only after you have taken an immense amount of time to confirm both the trajectory, the target, and that the target was in that location when they fired?

Because C is completely unreasonable for 90% of situations, but for some reason, that's the only time you can shoot them.

2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

You got to confirm that the sniper is shooting at players, or in a general direction of players. T-Baiting is when you shoot near players, not just randomly firing off in any direction. Sadly, it does take some time but if you are quick it is the best way to ensure you haven't rdmed.

SO C FINAL ANSWER

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Say you see a person inside the vent on dolls. You know they are still in the vent because you haven't seen them leave it. Then you see someone fire into the vent, but at the angle you are at, you can't explicitly see inside the vent. Can you shoot?

4. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I would say no, unless you were behind the sniper and saw them actively attempt to shoot at said person in the vent. Sometimes it's best to just call a High sus, and mark them as suspicious, so that you are alert when you bump into them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Juice Juice™

But this makes counter-sniping practically impossible, and gives snipers an incredibly unfair advantage. There are plenty of positions which, if you are just a little bit higher or lower than everyone else, nobody can confirm exactly where and at whom you are shooting

6. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

Grab a shotgun, stalk and beat those pesky snipers then :)

Or use this to your advantage on your T rounds, every role has positives and negatives, those are just the best guidelines I find to avoid accidently RDMing someone.

7. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

There are a few scenarios where counter-sniping is "impossible" because you can't see the target. But I've found more scenarios where someone is shooting at nothing / just being stupid.

Not to mention most of the time when I encounter a sniper I can see both who they are shooting at and them. If this really was a larger issue that affected more people it would have been addressed. It's a rare enough scenario as it is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Answered.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.