Answered What logic is used for the ghosting rule?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Voca, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Im still trying to figure out the heads and tales of the defined Ghosting rule and no matter how its been portrayed in the 2 previous topics, it just doesnt make sense.

I understand that PMing players while dead and giving them info they arent aware of is Ghosting.
    But saying you arent allowed to PM someone that is still alive, while you yourself alive is Ghosting.. Just doesnt make sense in my book.
    With the reason being that its allowed if they tell the information in public chat instead.

However if we look into a certain event where a Traitor tells people who their Traitor Budies are, Its Ghosting, no matter if they used Public chat or Private PMs to tell people, cause you are giving people information that they arent aware of. Well I agree thats how it should be.

But if you put up with the answers given in the previous topics, it sounds like everything should be ghosting,

Someone calls out their T budies could be the same as someone calling out a C4 near tester. You are giving information to other players about something they werent aware of and changes the game events, just through Public chat, the difference is just that the first one is bannable, the 2nd one isnt even though they both have the same effect of gamechange.

Please, just clear up the mess.

If 2 people tested together and knows they can trust eachother, why shouldnt they be allowed to PM eachother? When they are both still alive ofcourse. And saying that its cause its not a thing for innocent to have a team chat, is not a good enough reason, cause then you might as well Disallow PMing all players that arent staff, in general o.o

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mellow

Mellow Taking it easy VIP

Calling out your traitor mates in public is calling a KOS on them, not ghosting. Calling out your traitor mates in private is ghosting. Perhaps that's how it should be but it's just not like that, one is a thing actually implemented into the gamemode, one isn't.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly but one is putting a KOS on their teammates and one is giving gameplay related, valuable info (unless you mean a traitor doing that?). Calling out a C4 is under no circumstance breaking the rules, putting a false KOS is. The first one is treated as putting a KOS on your own traitor mates, the other one is just a gameplay thing. One gets you slain, banned in the worst case and one doesn't. They're not the same thing. Neither of them are ghosting in this case.

I get where you're coming from but that's just how it is. Innocents are not meant to have any other means of communication, even if they're proven towards each other. Ideally you couldn't use !p, steam chat, skype and so on but we can't prevent that. You are meant to use what the gamemode gives you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saying it in public chat is not considered ghosting or third party communications. They can impact the round, but they are not excluding information from everybody.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They can pm each other. There's nothing disallowing that. However, as the rules stands, giving information about current round via third party is considered giving hints/information that other people can't know, and thus impacting the round. This is the broad/general definition of ghosting with little leeway/room for error/complaints/etc. for situations when you receive information via third party where it has very little room to be disputed. What you're better off doing is making a suggestion if you wish to try and change the current ruling.