Answered What is the time limit for tmod?

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Enemy "Rule Bot" Below, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Basically title.

Is there a time limit for tmod to be promoted to full mod?

If not, what is the reasoning behind that?

2. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Seeing as I am most likely the topic of this question, I feel like I'm qualified in answering it.

There is no "set time limit" for T-mods to either make Moderator or not.

We are trained until our admin (@Lordyhgm in my case) determines that we are ready for the vigors that the role of Moderator comes with. In this, we are allowed to train at our own pace.

However, as I can also attest, T-mods can fail to make it due to violations of the Staff Rules.

So the reasoning, at least behind my lengthy T-mod phase, is that Lordy has seen enough promise and consistent progress to retain me as such.

Hopefully this answers your question.

3. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

It's based on how long it takes them to pick up on everything. Like if it's been 2 months and most of the reports they handle they put the wrong conclusion they aren't promoted. If it's been a month and everything they handle is spot on correct they could be promoted. Not having a strict time limit keeps the staff team quality higher because people aren't promoted before they are ready, and ex mods who reapply can get back into it quickly since they'll know most of it already.

4. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Not only that but it also depends on the trial mod's admin. Some admins give their mods longer trial periods than others if they want to be completely sure the trial is ready.