What is the Greatest Movie Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by PwnageKO, Oct 9, 2020.

?

What is the Greatest Movie Trilogy?

Poll closed Oct 16, 2020.
  1. The Lord of the Rings

70.0%
  2. Back to the Future

30.0%
  1. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

Hey fellas,

So this is a serious question and I need a serious answer. I, like so many other intellectuals, believe The Lord of the Rings is the greatest movie trilogy ever made. While, @TragicMagic , a knuckle-dragging, cave-dwelling, paint-chip-eating, baboon-child believes Back to the Future is the greatest movie trilogy ever made.

Now, I have some faith in this community to make the correct choice. I think you all can be rational individuals when the right moment arises and, fellas, this is that moment.

So please, vote with your heart and mind. Show you are not a smooth-brain like @TragicMagic .

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

See the thing is, if one or two movies in the trilogy are bad, it doesn’t make the trilogy bad, it just makes the one movie in the trilogy good. The lord of the rings trilogy is good, from start to finish. Back to the future 1 and 2 are good, but 3 is trash. The hobbit series is great but I can’t remember if it’s a trilogy or not but idfc I’m adding it to the list. Star Wars episodes 4 5 and 6 are fantastic as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. TragicMagic

TragicMagic Active Member

Back to the Future is fantastic, all 3 movies.

To express myself nicely, Pwnage is a smelly imbecile.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Makuzi

Makuzi Now we all pray blood stains wash away VIP Silver

prequel trilogy bro

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. PwnageKO

Okay, but based on your first sentence alone. LOTR is great from start to finish. No bad movies in the trilogy at all. As a result of the third B2TF movie, the trilogy is weaker than the LOTR trilogy. End of argument. I'll take my trophy now.

6. PwnageKO

You are a smooth-brain.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Yes, it is. You can have a cookie if you want.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Coinston

Coinston "But what if Robots" - Chris Wedge VIP

are you shitting me do you not know of the absolute genius of Madagascar 1-3

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. Sam Raimis spider-man trilogy. even if you take away that its a comic book movie its still a wonderful trilogy overall. also Tobey Magiure best Spider-Man

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PwnageKO

I await my cookie with eager content. Thank you. From your kindness alone, my day is both better and brighter because of you.

11. PwnageKO

I'll give you that it is an amazing trilogy. But, if you judge the quality of the third and how that affects the overall quality of the trilogy, do you really think it is superior to the LOTR trilogy?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

Ok this may seem ironic but I’m 100% serious.

How To Train Your Dragon

One of if not the best film scores of all time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 3rd one is ok at best but together its wonderful. its not better than LOTR buts is an amazing trilogy either way

14. Die Hard 1-3 , best Christmas movies

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. also Home Alone 1-3 ( Home Alone 3 sucked )

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PwnageKO

Yo, I just finished the whole trilogy like two weeks ago for the first time and honestly, yeah. I was so surprised with how much I liked the first one and I kept thinking the next was going to disappoint but they never did. Honestly a great animated series anyone could probably enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I love Back to the Future, but I also did not like the third movie (and I LOVE western shit and cowboys). It kinda just seemed like a cash-grab at that point.

This is definitely true. You kind of have to watch them as a comedy rather than a serious superhero movie but it's so much better if you do.

I'd also like to say John Wick, but we all know that franchise is going to get at least a few more films.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. -tyler

-tyler My trial was filed as a crazy suicidal head case. VIP Bronze

I disagree about watching Spider-Man as a comedy series. Sure it's absolutely campy, I mean it's a comic book film from the early 2000's, so it's gotta be campy.

But more than anything, the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy shows real human struggle, the balance one would have to find if they became a superhero in an otherwise normal world. I grew up with those films and they really shaped me as a kid. Peter being this nerd that nobody cared to look at. Suddenly gaining amazing abilities, that he could have used to become a multi-millionaire wrestler or TV star or something of that sort. But instead, he decided to take responsibility and use his powers for good. He became someone people could care about, and he STILL didn't reveal his identity. People could have started to care about Peter Parker, but no matter how bad he wanted that, he knew what he had to do.

I think its campiness is just a form of delivery to younger kids, so they can better understand what the movie is trying to say. I love those films to death. I think they're more than a comedy, yknow?

Probably too much detail for this, but I really love those films lmao.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SquidgyBoat

SquidgyBoat The Admiral VIP

Still waiting on Robots 2 and 3 :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. ori with a gun

ori with a gun just vibin VIP

Still can’t believe it didn’t get an Oscar

• Winner Winner x 1