What do YOU want in a TTT map

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Lt. White Horse, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Give me your ideas to make a good TTT map.
    Tell me anything you would want and I will try to fix it.

CaballoHombre

2. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

Lots of guns!

3. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Plenty of traitor traps; I like traitor traps. I also wouldn't mind having semi enclosed areas that are good for jihading. Kind of like the bank manager's office on the map Bank or the traitor tester room on Community Bowling.

4. Magafe

Magafe Banned

H.u.g.e-249, Props, Death, Darkness, and Magafe!!!

5. eduardopy

eduardopy Banned

Dark map with many trees, some eerie sounds and some landma- Im describing Slender's map. You should do that, with some TTT things in it ofcourse. Maybe a underground base with super advanced technology that tests your innocence?

6. Seems to be a few wishes about darkness. I'll see what i can do about that

7. omgtin

omgtin VIP

More traps.

8. PixelAura

PixelAura VIP

Make a flat map with a ton of barrels

9. MckeonHitman

MckeonHitman Serious Member

No have one tower that is a maze every floor, and if your inno you need to flip a lever every floor and if you do you win. But ts can reflip the levers.

10. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

T Traps! - explosions, fire, i just love t traps :D

11. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I would like to see a nice full moon outdoor map. One with plenty of trees; maybe a patch of pine trees that are very secluded and difficult to see into. This map should also have either a cliff or a large hill for people to snipe from; possibly a place for someone to get pushed off or maybe a landslide T trap. Have an outhouse T tester that the moon on the outside glows red or green when you get tested; to aid the T's you could make it like minecraft where they can make the person drop into the bottom or hide the activator(Toilet Paper). Also, have two or three cabins, making them one, two, and three stories with the three story cabin the center of the map. You could also make the one story cabin a t trap that either collapses or the boiler in the basement explodes; like on rooftops, making the T have to be inside when the set it off. A good sized body of water would also add to the mix; maybe adding a piece of land in the middle. I wouldn't want the map to be completely pitch black; just an overall eery feeling. A few patches of high grass would add to the ability to be hidden.

12. You basically made an entire map here, not quite the niece i was looking for on this one, but i might be able to work this in to a nother map later.
    I'll let you know if i start another one

13. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

What are you using to make maps? Is it a feature within GMod?

14. I use Hammer in Source SDK, its a free tool with any Source game

15. For anyone actually interested in this project:
    My Source SDK is malfunctioning and I can in no way start Hammer.
    Due to this I have not been able to start working on the map.
    Release date will be severely delayed

16. Make the edges of the map detailed but closed off, if that makes sence. Don't make it obvious that this is a playermade map, make the edges with several layers in the theme that you have created. Sort of like the boundries of DE_DUST 2 where you see sides of buildings that you can't enter, with lots of detail as if it was part of the map, but you as a player will not be able to acces it.

17. Considering the map will be made in a scenario of a forest (when I can make it) this wont really be a problem, I might consider making an extra cabin of sorts and placing it outside of the boundaries, but otherwise it will just be distant trees going in to a picture laid out by the edge of the map.
    I appreciate your suggestion!

18. Yea so there's no like deaddrop once you reach the end of the map, like a void :). I allways feel dissatisfied when I play maps like that. But yea a bunch of trees continuing into the distance sounds really nice, and I love the little ekstra "for show" cabin you mentioned, just give som layers of depth to the esthetic of the map. Of course this comes after making the map fun and playable, you might want to look in to strategies like following a detective around to be unexploitable when you are a T and stuff like that. Maybe make that harder or easier somehow? make som good ways for T's to have some swimming space, while having the innocents able to combat it.
    Sorry for ranting, trying to give you some kind of template to go, this might be obvious or stupid, either or :p
    but huge THUMBS UP for making a serious TTT map :)