Warning about Leaving While Slain?

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Kythol, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe when someone clicks on the "quit" or "disconnect" buttons to leave the server while they are slain/have a slay currently on them, maybe a pop-up can appear warning them of RDM and Leave? Just seems like a lot of people don't understand how it works and it may help lower the amount of RDM and Leave bans.

• Like Like x 2
  2. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

In the MOTD, under RDM, it says you must stay the whole round.

So I don't see a reason why to add it when it clearly states that it can get you banned.

[​IMG]

3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

There is a chance that the person doesn't know he's being slain, so when the warning pops up, he can avoid the much harsher punishment for an rdm and leave.

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

If they leave while they're slain or being slain, then it's their fault. We have a set of rules for a reason. If you get banned for RDM & Leave, then you failed to read the rules (which aren't hard to follow). All you have to do is type in !motd (may not be obvious at first, but that's why a person asks how to see the rules).

5. The Law

The Law You fought the law and the law won. VIP Silver Emerald

+1 I think it would act as a good reminder for players, so for that reason I support this.

6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

+1 for the same reason above.

7. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

If you're saying a plugin that would *prevent* people from quitting/disconnecting... no that's not possible.. that would be something like... you try to turn off your computer and I stop it.. doesn't work that way, best thing Highwon can do .. if he chose to do it at all.. is to put a message saying you're being slain next round or something like a reminder text.

8. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

And there IS a reminder. It says in chat "You are being slain this round" which is why people should pay more attention.

9. Scooter

Scooter Scooter#5335 VIP

I hate to be that guy but Negligence to read or understand the rules will not get you out of punishment. If they chose not to read are rules it is there own fault sorry but -1 for me

10. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Sometimes chat flies by too fast.

11. prochaos

prochaos VIP

+1 ive done it in the past since im a simple minded chimp i forgot i was slain while tabbed out and quit, it would be a simple reminder and do no harm, got it !

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

A player has full control of their disconnections. It's not possible to make a popup reminder or the sort to give them when they're leaving. The only thing that could help would be to send a message every 15 seconds or so about their slay. I wouldn't want to receive a message 15 seconds lol. Or it could be a centerscreen message, which don't take up chat space.

13. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I know I have left before my slays sometimes. You know, the ones I gave myself? A little popup that comes up would be nice. Yes, we have rules, but sometimes people forget and sometimes people dont even notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Maybe a box similar to the one when you !fspec?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

That's the kind of thing I was thinking.

16. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

The only thing that would work would be a popup when a slay is issued, if they're dead. And if they aren't, they get a popup once they die. That way, if they're AFK and they come back they see the popup.

• Like Like x 2