Rejected VoteMute?

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Rick Sanchez (WUB), Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think it would be a good addition to the game to add a !votemute addition for players. The biggest issue for muting a just for yourself is that if they call you out without you knowing, it can ruin the game for you. However if there is a collective consensus that a player is abusing his microphone, or ruining the game experience for the majority of players, this will allow for that player to be muted and still help keep all players into the game

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

No. This could allow harassment and trolling happen when no staff is online. It's been suggested many times before, also. Another counterpart to this is the !votegag which allows the same thing, perhaps even worse for squeakers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The only problem with that is that it would require a majority to votegag or mute. this would upkeep majority satisfaction

4. Sam

Sam VIP

The problem is that the players can't be entirely trusted to use this command for rightful purposes.
    However,you can always ask for a staff member to come to the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

6. Tourcune

Tourcune VIP

7. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

8. there would be alot of bias

9. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

Suggested before. -1. Unoriginal. Sorry but its so easily able to be abused its not even funny.

10. ridge

ridge VIP

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

What I noticed is this;
    When there's no staff on, there tends to be a LOT of hostility towards young and highpitched voice players,
    Myself included was harassed for having a high-pitched voice (I honestly didn't care, I love my voice in all honestly),

Usually the whole server follows the most outgoing player which can be the one harassing the said players.
    And when he asks the whole server to "join in gagging/muting the player" because the said player is annoying him.
    Most will follow along for the fun of it.

I do believe in some cases it'll work out fine for players but that'll be rare imo.

This is a horrible idea, I wouldn't recommend it in the slightest bit.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.