View On Things

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Paradox, Jan 26, 2017.

?

Should these changes be added/removed/changed?

1. Yes, All should

37.5%
  2. No, none should

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neutral

12.5%
  4. Only certain ones (Comment which ones down below)

37.5%
  5. Other

12.5%
  1. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

If you mean the entire griefprevention / pvp disabled in claims things, I understand. It was my understanding that pvp was enabled everywhere, and that it was supposed to be enabled in claims. Obviously, that didn't go over, and I'll be talking to the others about this.

However, I don't think you'll see a strictly vanilla server with no claims of any sort. With a public server it's a guarantee anything you build would be destroyed or griefed in some demeaning manner without a protection system. I also know that you're not quite a fan of the teleport systems. Unfortunately, I don't think that's a very popular opinion. There are people who agree there should be timers on these, or a cost (See @Azure 's redstone concept), but I don't think it'll be restricted to such a long duration (once a day/week). I'm going to run some other ideas by the rest of the team and see if we can do some stuff to make this a bit more agreeable though.

Personally, I think a system like this would be better:

• There are 4-8 designated points in the world that are protected from claims / damage by world guard. These all have a small platform that you can drop from and immediately enter a pvpable zone. These spots would be randomly selected to teleport to from the portal at spawn. Each spot would have a radius of like 200-300 blocks around it in each direction that claiming is not allowed in to prevent people from walling it off from the rest of the world. This is a generous amount of space, but could still be abused. If that area is blocked off by users, we would have to remove claims around it to prevent trolling.
    • Add a redstone cost to teleporting of any kind, as Azure suggested. This idea gives redstone a bit more purpose, and restricts users from teleporting all the time, making the experience a bit more survival oriented but also stimulating the economy between users as miners become more essential to gameplay. Alongside the Redstone cost, put a cooldown timer on /rtp of something reasonable like 5-15 minutes.

2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Lapis would be a better teleport cost as its rarer and less useful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Carned

@irritatingness I just want to clarify that despite all my tweaks wanting to be made, the server is still fun to play on and we are still hunting down resources from building and make shit fancy.
    Just wish there was more of a communal aspect to it all. I know most people here prefer the whole raiding and killing so I understand and appreciate the balancing you guys have to do. And that you're listening and working with feedback unlike deathrun

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

I hear ya man. I'm just hoping after a week or so once things have been fixed and altered enough I'll find some time to do some gameplay myself! @AnarkisT has been a bit salty because I promised I'd make a home near him and expand our borders with more people.

5. Carned

I mean, my ideal is very similar to Mindcrack, mainly because I love communities and what not (hence why i was quick to set up our group) and why im still here but I understand that other appreciate the thrill of raiding and killing, i mean, we are a TTT community firsthand so! :D

6. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

That and were all human sometimes something looks good in our head but when tested it goes wrong you live and learn from your mistakes heh ;)

7. Squidd

Squidd VIP

What if instead of having RTP, we had 4 Hub Portals? They would be 3000 or more blocks out from the center of the map in the North East South and West. It would be claimed by the server and obviously be a no-PVP zone. That way we could feel more connected and interactions could be more controlled and reliable between players. Players could travel to a hub to meet up, or as an optional way of travelling further away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Both of these could be used for the different type of teleports! I agree that Lapis usually just ends up gathering dust in chests as well.
    But yes, a cost on TPs (And a cooldown on /rtp so people don't use it as a mean of finding the resources they want) would definitely be a step in the right direction for this.
    I look forward to the v2 of the server; I'll definitely give it a shot then.