Denied veL's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by veL, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veL

veL VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    ✶ veL
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_1:1:115442601
    Which Server:
    West
    Why you should be unbanned:
    So a detective tazed me for no reason in the start of a round. A tazer does damage, and at any point that a detective is doing damage to me, I can defend myself and do damage back to him and try to kill him. So as soon as my ragdoll was finished being tazed, I went after the detective who had walked away by now. I made an attempt to catch up to him and I began shooting at him once I got close enough. Unfortunately, an innocent walks right in front of the detective's head, that I was aiming at. I killed the innocent, he reported me seconds later, I told him its crossfire since I was trying to shoot the detective in self defense after he tazed me, which, again, does damage. I got a slay because (from what i remember the mod putting in the slay reason), apparently my crossfire reason was not valid since I, in the first place, should not have been shooting at the detective in self defense.

Long story short, a detective tazed me and apparently I'm not allowed to shoot back at the detective in self defense even tho the tazer does damage. wtf??

Edit: adding some info: So when I said I "chased down" the detective, this was literally 2-3 seconds of me walking around the corner so I can get my crosshair on the detective's head. Again, this was RIGHT after he tazed me.

Oh and this.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Tagging @Toest who banned you for RDM and leave

3. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

Alright Vel, so heres the report made against you:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] this is when the detective hit you with a tazer
    and here are the logs up until you kill the victim of the report:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And here is the deathscene:
    [​IMG]
    As we can see in the deathscene and the logs, the detective tazes you and walks away, not shooting at you, doing nothing. Even if the detective had no reason to shoot you, he was not ACTIVELY trying to kill you. That is where the problem lies. The detective needs to be ACTIVELY shooting you in order to kill. Since your reason for shooting the detective was not valid, your claim of crossfire is not valid. I would have gladly discussed this with you in game or over steam and you could have easily served the slay, instead you said this: [​IMG]
    Now I am not all about banning regulars, I know you of all people arent trying to be malicious in your gameplay but I just urge you to be more careful. If my reasoning checks out I request that @Pacifist reduce the length of your ban, but know that if you get banned for rdm and leave again its going to be the full third offense.

4. veL

veL VIP

Where in the rules is the word "actively" coming from? I don't see this anywhere in the rules that the detective has to be "actively" trying to kill me for me to return fire.
    All I see is this:
    [​IMG]

5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

No. You clearly RDMed and left vel. The ban is a valid ban, and you will serve it to full.

also just to clarify:
    [​IMG]

⚜️Denied⚜️

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.