Accepted [Vanilla] ttt_mc_christmastown

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Marshal Zuijj, May 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttt_mc_christmastown

this is a wip mc conversion map based off of Sgt. Sickness' rp_christmastown. yeah it's a roleplay map, but prior to this community, i used to play on a ttt server that had it on it's rotation. it's actually a sick map, except for a couple out of bound exploits that are possible due to weird collision placement. the idea behind this conversion is taking the classic look of christmastown, but implementing some modifications to make it more fitting for TTT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if you've played the original christmastown, then you'll be able to follow this portion. if not, i'd honestly recommend checking out the original map in singleplayer, it's a great map:

a problem with the original map is a lot of buildings having dead ends. both apartment buildings, the mansion, police station, going into the station platform portion, the fancy restaurant, both stores under middle apartments. they're all one way in one way out. i'm planning on adding some connectors (in the form of vents or even just doorways), and adding props to let you jump out of certain areas.

for example, in the back of the railroad station is a dead end. i've remedied this by adding a stack of wood for the player to jump on and over the fence.

on the original map, these rooftop portions are accessible via prop climbing/riding up the garage door on the gas station. while not intentional, it added a cool bit of vertical gameplay to the map. because of that, i'm going to work on implementing it as an actual part of the map (in the form of roof access/a ladder).

to make the map slightly bigger, i'm also going to incorporate the area behind the gas station, and use it as a connector from gas station to the police department.

here's the current idea:

[​IMG]

for the double apartment in the back of the map, i'm probably just going to add a vent connecting both apartments.

for the mansion, i extended a bit of the fence back and will add a second floor ladder.

Mechanics/Traps

the only thing i'm really planning on adding is a rework for the police department. instead of 3 holding cells, i'm going to convert it into a 3-man traitor testing room. i've always felt these are pretty overpowered, especially when they're so close to a main area like this one will be. so instead of it being free use, i'm going to add coal blocks around the map to power it for one use. if you're a traitor, you can take the coals and throw them out of the map or hide them so players can't get tested. these could alternatively be used for a map secret or something so they're not all flowing into the tester.asd

as for t traps, i really don't know if i'll add any. if anyone has any ideas just throw them in the thread and i'll think about it.

also potentially thinking about a detective room in the hospital or something. the whole building could use a rework from its original form, it's unfinished on the original map and looks like dookie.

End Bit
    thats it so far.

if you think this map should be a holiday-only map, you're an ugly goon. get stuffed.
    if you have any suggestions/opinions, let me know in this thread.
    also highwon if you're reading this, please re-add island 17 to vanilla \:^)

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

+1

3. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

100% +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Maybe have one of the "gas pumps" in this image explode?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

+1 yesyesyesyes

6. KatxWind

KatxWind VIP

+1 always makes the best maps

7. Nathan776

Nathan776 Administrator Administrator VIP Silver

Holy shit I love you for making this map. This was one of my old favorites from like 2013-2015 (?).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

+1 I played this original map and it looks like the updates you are making will make the map 100x better. I hope to play this soon

9. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Vanilla needs a new map and this looks FUN

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

11. another marshal map? automatic +1 richland was so good from this man

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

+1

13. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

+1

14. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I love Christmas
    I love Minecraft
    I love this idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Maybe a one time use trap that randomly selects one of the three tester cells to malfunction, electrocuting someone inside.

Overall great looking map so far, I think I played the original on a murder server.

• Like Like x 2
  16. this idea sounds fun as SHIT, but i'm afraid of it permanently turning people away from even using the tester. unless it had a way for players to identify the person initiating the electrocution or something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Or a teleport that takes you to a death zone like in jondome

18. -Vader-

-Vader- VIP

Four more maps by marshal, and we don't have to play any non-marshal maps anymore.
    Also, we added Steam IDs to the testers, once a certain person enters and gets tested, he will... die.

19. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

Ah yes the most important part of the map
    Le Duck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.