Answered Vanilla maps

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Indy226, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Indy226

Indy226 Banned VIP Silver

Why are quite a few maps downloaded for vanilla not in rotation? Like vanilla island, vanilla airport, etc

2. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

@Indy226 , there could be several reasons for a maps inclusion in the download process, but not the active rotation.

These include, but are not limited to, reasons such as:

*The maps were at one time popular, but their popularity waned to such a point that it didn't support keeping them in the active rotation.
    *The maps cause issues server-side. I've had the misfortune of running into some TTT maps in the past that would cause server-side lag, or outright crash the server.
    *The maps cause issues client-side. This is most prevalent when a map causes framerate issues for users playing TTT.

I'm also going to tag both @Pacifist and @Jabba the Slut to give a more in-depth response if they can.

3. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Lightning gives the most common reasons for a map being taken out, but the main reasons these maps can linger in downloads can be boiled down to either no need to remove them or just never got round to being removed. If you want to play them, some admins like myself will poll a server to play on some of them.