Vanilla 1 & 2 Map Change suggestion.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Shotta, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

So, since theres two Vanilla servers, both servers should something diffrent from the other one, by that i mean the maps, why do we have both of them on Minecraft 24/7? makes no sense to me, so as a person who got tired of Minecraft maps, cause i generally don't like them at all, i want normal maps, so to make this happen, we should make Vanilla 1 a Minecraft 24/7 server, and Vanilla 2 for normal maps, and i hope (if my suggestion is accepted) some of the maps that will be added to Vanilla 2 are community suggested.
    For me, i would suggest ttt_skycraper
    [​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

3. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

For the normal maps we have the East and West server. It is that the demand for minecraft is still high enough to hold a few times a week 2 full servers.

I recommend making those map requests to one of the modded servers as there is a high change that both the vanilla's stay as they are with minecraft maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I have a different suggestion, vanilla 1 for the most popular maps , and vanilla 2 for less popular maps . This will give the other map a change

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I have been saying this for years, but uh MUH MINECRAFT!

6. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

upload_2020-8-24_15-50-30.png
    This guy came from the discord situation to just say No, like he thinks i'm trolling or something.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  7. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

East and West are modded, and i dont like Modded , we want Vanilla with normal maps, thats my point

8. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

i too have already suggested this as staff and as non staff, lordy seemed neautral to the idea and jabba ...well its jabba he doesnt express atall

my other idea for nilla 2 was still nilla maps for the scrublords with shit pcs or cant be bothered to get css textures but modded weapons and shops (f3 and context menu)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

Well, i hope my suggestion now actually works, but it just need activity, also for the toxic people coming over to just say 'no' cause i hurt your feelings or violated you, i will report you for trolling on a series suggestion, so if my suggestion gets lots of 'No's' over toxicity or whatever a 'Non-Toxic Person' or a VIP like you dazza should re write the suggestion, you will be treated diffrently, unlike me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

Saying you dont like a suggestion isnt toxic.

Edit: on that note, I say no. No particular reason I just prefer how it is now

11. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

No, but i know this abnormal child came over from the discord situation, he was backing up Big Feller, and decided to ship his annoying self to my suggestion, if you don't like it, write a full reason, don't just type 'No', then i would not complain,
    upload_2020-8-24_15-59-53.png
    upload_2020-8-24_16-0-7.png
    upload_2020-8-24_16-0-21.png

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Skyscraper is modded dumbass

13. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Please don't derail the thread, this is a serious suggestion.

As for my response to the suggestion, regular maps require textures so they aren't vanilla enough. I'd rather take some stuff off a modded server than change up a server that was just added because of how popular the formula of vanilla is.

To sum up my opinion: No

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

The entire point of our vanilla servers is to minimize the amount of downloads required and to let players who have lower end pc’s play at a reasonable frame rate. When players join a new community, they don’t want to sit through 20-30 minutes of downloading addons, and it could be faster or slower depending on the players internet speed. This is why the vanilla servers thrive. Having “normal” maps that require cs:s will only drive out the players that either don’t have the game or don’t have the knowledge to get the textures elsewhere.

I have tried repopulating our modded servers most of the days that I hop on. If you wish to play “normal” maps, feel free to hop on with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

16. j3kawesome

j3kawesome "mestimate" - Indy226 Administrator VIP Silver

Im gonna have to put a -1 on this suggestion for the many reasons above
    It has textures that need to be downloaded which can make join times for our servers longer which will deter people form joining
    I agree that this should just be a map suggestion for East and West
    Vanilla and Vanilla 2 have a good enough population to keep them the way that they are due to their popularity
    Since Moat has been given the boot, we see a large influx of players looking for a new community and our vanilla servers are the main pipeline for them

17. Shotta

Shotta Active Member

Why not just port modded maps into Vanilla 2?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

It's vanilla dumbass do you not know what vanilla means?

20. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

why not just play the game without textures? Cause it’s headache inducing