Rejected Using Discretion On This Server. PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Jdog2360, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jdog2360

Jdog2360 Regular Member

Far too many times do people say "!motd bro !motd bro."

Thank you for making me aware of the rules, yet again, on a server I have spent many many hours on. I find it quite ridiculous that people don't use more discretion on this server. I was having a great round, I killed two Traitors, and I don my nice MP7. Of course I get shot in the face even when:

1. I'm double proven.
    2. I'm standing in the middle of 8 people, yes I know I have an MP7 out. Why would you think I want to get killed?

I find it so ridiculous that people don't use discretion and make a bullshit excuse for being allowed to kill somebody when they are OBVIOUSLY not a Traitor. OBVIOUSLY. Can we please get rid of the bullshit "motd! bro" I'm sorry, but i'm not going to be the dick who shoots somebody when I KNOW they are proven. It is innocents vs Traitors. Why would you off a teammate when they can help you win the game? Why is that beneficial? People like to just kill any chance they get to make their rounds more interesting, it is so stupid.

EDIT:

I get back in my game after posting this and it is so unfortunate that I have people telling me "To cry about it." Why is it so wrong that somebody comes along and disagrees with the way things are done? Why do we have immature people like that in an otherwise great community? It is so disappointing that instead of having a real conversation about this sort of thing people resort to "!motd bro" and "cry about it."

2. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Its unfortunate that people take advantage of this rule to get away with rdm. While I agree with you about the whole "why kill someone on your own team?", you just have to be careful and just assume some of your teammates aren't exactly team players and hide the traitor weapon once you acquire one. When I get an mp7 as an innocent, I only equip it in a gun battle and then I just take out my regular gun after I'm done. If I end up getting killed while having it equipped then I just accept it. Sucks but its better than someone getting wrongfully punished because they didnt realize someone was proven.

3. Angelx

Angelx Always Innocent VIP

Unfortunately there are traitors that actually do that also, they can say their proven, asty does it many times, or even have a mp7 out and said I picked it up after I killed a traitor, and shoots me in the face after xD

4. Gristle McThornbody

Gristle McThornbody Active Member

A bigger issue for me is getting shot by players for throwing down smoke grenades. Defensive cover shouldn't be kosable and I'm sick of players using that rule to team kill, only to issue false rdm reports on folks who catch them with DNA or otherwise. So much time is spent explaining why I cannot slay anyone in those rdm chains.

5. Jdog2360

Jdog2360 Regular Member

I think there needs to be a rule put in place on this server, that involves using discretion. I don't think it is okay for people to so quickly say "!motd" when literally, just because it says it in the rules doesn't mean you aren't taking advantage or being stupid. I would like to play with a mature group of people who don't abuse the systems put in place to protect them in the first place.

6. MLBBear

MLBBear Active Member

Discretion is way too generalized. First of all that would be way too broad and it would almost impose no control or authority over situations because players can be discrete. I believe the ruled should just be tweaked to smoke grenades are Non-Kosable. As for the other affairs usually in that situation you should tell people you had a traitor or detective weapon when you are not one of the either. Because honestly if you're an Innocent and you're walking around with a harpoon, you're going to get killed by the first person who sees you.

7. Jdog2360

Jdog2360 Regular Member

Just because something is KOSable, doesn't make it a smart decision to KOS. An innocent killing an innocent because they are holding a traitor weapon is stupid. It involves discretion. If I killed two traitors in a round, somebody shouldn't be stupid and shoot me when I'm holding my MP7 in a group of 8 people where I know I'm going to die otherwise... That is just dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.