UNID rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Temar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

The rule in regards to unid is very open and abused by some
    The rule should be more specific, to exclude the stupid ones, you must see the person ignore it in some form (even if they don't notice it)
    I don't know the exact working you could use
    but basically prevent abuse from those who would kill someone for being next to an unid with out even having chance to check, eg just goto it and may be about to check it, the person just died and no 1 has had chance to check it yet
    I mean say you walk into a room and there is an unid and and 1+ other people, fair enough KoS them
    my point is down to those moments when people arnt even given chance

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Ts can easily pretend to ignore a body. With this rule, we wouldn't be able to kill them for it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

no no this shouldn't affect normal gameplay just the abuse when people act on it with out giving people a chance
    eg
    - Player A gets sniped, Player B shoots Player C who is shoot next to the unid immediately claiming because there was an unid
    - Player A walking towards Unid, Player B shoots player A because of a unid, even so he was trying to check it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

If a player is walking up to a body to identify it, and gets shot by another player in the middle of the identification process, assuming that they didn't wait around or stall in choosing to ID the body, killing them is already RDM.

It would be hard to inflict a rule like this, but even more so, I feel like what this rule really wants is already technically part of the rules for the servers. You are only allowed to kill someone for ignoring an unid body. This means they have to know it exists. If you watch a player enter a room and there is an unid behind them against the wall that they don't know about and that they walk past, and you acknowledge that they don't know about the body and yet kill them anyways, you've committed RDM and should be slain.

The issue here is that we need to take players words for what they did and why they did it, and if they say, "you passed an unid body" we can't particularly go against them if they believe that the player they killed had knowledge of the body since they just entered a room and saw them pass it. What really matters here is whether the player who kills for unided bodies knows if they had honestly passed one, or just didn't realize what was going on in time, so punishments are issued the way that they are.

I feel like a rule like this would only serve to make the game and rules less clear about when you would be able to kill for bodies, since in the heat of the moment, if someone is walking past a body, it's a valid kill, and most people would take it out of self preservation.

6. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

one of those scenarios I handled and although I was saying valid for 2 reasons, first was he put the guy had killed the other (wrong), then after he changed it to unid
    now we are talking about a guy getting killed in the middle of these 2 players and the reported player immediately starts shooting the other (1 seconds dif in log)
    but 2 admins ruled it as invalid report (not RDM)

7. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

Instances such as these warrant a slay. Although it's not explicitly stated, giving absolutely no chance for someone attempting to ID a body is RDM. However, Temar, context is important, and perhaps you can provide deathscenes/logs about the situation in question. There might be more to why the Admins deemed it invalid.

8. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

9. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

What that situation is likely missing is that there is no way of knowing for sure if someone is going to ID the body. It's a valid kill because he didn't ID it, but if the player had started going to ID it, and the other player knew that he was going to ID it and killed him anyways, then the kill would be RDM. Otherwise it's simply a word vs. word situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Temar, in that particular situation I deemed it invalid solely based on one reason, the reported player explained to me privately that he realised his mistake claiming that the victim killed the person in front of him but if you watch closely you can see a form of hesitance by the victim to identify the body (bear in mind the reported player explained all of this to me privately), the gameplay itself is toxic but it's not against our rules so due to the reasoning taken by the reported player I deemed it invalid, in my opinion the unided rule should stay how it is, we should mainly focus on telling players who use it "unnecessarily" to change their ways if that makes sense.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1