Answered UnID bodies

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Python~, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Told to move to a thread, so here you go

It's come down to:
    A D choosing not to ID a body in plain sight, hiding, then waiting for players to walk by it. If they don't ID the body, the Detective kills them for the T act

Is this, by the servers standards, loopholing? Why or why not?

I think we can all agree that if the UnIDed bodies were purposefully placed there by the Detective, it's loopholing, but focus on the situation above

Avoid names, and don't close the thread. Let everyone give their input

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

Situation in question; [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I 100% disagree that its loopholing.

It's not like you are killing people for something that isn't a T act. The person still has the ability to ID the body.

It's the fault of the victim for not IDing the body. This is a common tactic used by the more experienced players in the community to punish poor traitors who choose not to be aware and ID bodies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Carned

You should probably include the full context.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

From what I gather, the bodies were in a vent, they were not moved, and the players who were killed walked on top of and past them without IDing them.

So a few questions I'm thinking about:
    • Is it okay to set up a trap to catch a traitor?
    • Is there a situation in which an inno in a vent walking on top of a vent not ID a body?
    • Should a detective kill a player that he knows had nothing to do with the dead body?
    • Should the detective have ID'd the bodies so as to inform other possible innocents alive what players have died?
    I haven't come to a full decision on this myself, but these are a few things to consider before posting.

7. Slicck

Slicck Advisor VIP Silver

An official statement will be posted here shortly.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I would argue it's not loopholing in the slightest.
    Players who'll pass UNID'd bodies intentionally obviously has malicious intent.
    Therefore traitorous.

Saying this is loopholing is on par with saying it's 'loopholing' to tbait.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Ravin

Ravin Determination VIP

You are leaving out the part about the Detective. The Detective is also with Malicious intent, but immune to T Acts. This is what is being questioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

I think the fact that he killed 6 Traitors using this tactic and 0 Innocents should speak for something.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Carned

1) Yes
    2) Yes and they should still be killed because its a T act.
    3) Yes, thats what happens when you kill any player for an unided.
    4) Possibly, however most innocents can't do math to work out players dead/alive and it doesn't make much difference.

Also for the argument that is a detective doing this, it makes no difference, the user should be making sure to ID bodies, it's not fault of the detective, put an innocent in the role and its still the same, all that had to be done is people ID a body.

12. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

because apparently this wasn't enough
    http://pastebin.com/9FQXbmZC
    This is as much as I could get
    Enjoy

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Yeah, I failed to mention that.
    But the thing is; if you're innocent would you pass a unid'd body without ID'ing it?
    Traitors obviously won't ID it so they won't be questioned or suspicious.

I don't care if the player was a detective or innocent, this strategy worked for a reason.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I've always used this as a tactic if I know I'm getting close to being the last innocent.

In my opinion, it's a tactic. Not loopholing. Even if it involves moving unids into hallways in which players have to walk through.

If it's in plain sight, the T's have an option to Id the body. It's their choice to commit a traitorous act and leave it unidentified if they so please.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Depending on the situation unless it's the following: a D decided to place it right in the open upon multiple AFKs to get the 'drop' on them and murder them. I would have to disagree that it's loopholing. Loopholing would going out of your way to kill on the smallest technicalities, as prevalent on Vanilla. At least, it used to be troublesome on Vanilla with a few players who shall remain nameless.

TL;DR, Not loopholing. Also depends on situation. Don't be a dick, and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If the D were to use a magneto stick, place it in front of someone, and kill them for not Iding it, loophole imo.

If its just there and the D chooses not to ID it, there isnt a rule where a D is supposed to ID the body, so I guess its fine...(not home, too lazy to read full story)

Would I play this way?
    No
    It's a tactic/playstyle that some players use.

17. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Let me explain this In full... I was a detective, The first person I killed shot and killed an innocent next to me, So I killed him. I neglected to Id his body, Because I was a detective. I then went to the far side of the vent. When the traitors came in the vents they walked over the unided bodies and continued for a ways before I killed them. I did not move the bodies, They walked RIGHT over them...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Muffin

Muffin Fresh Baked VIP

Seems like a legitimate strategy to me; I mean the person could simply ID the body and this tactic would be nullified.

19. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I gave them time to id them, When they did not, I did what most detectives would have done, Killed them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

This would only be considered loopholing of the body was placed or the person died somewhere that would make seeing them difficult and only possible to see from certain angles.

When I first started staffing, we had an issue like this come up and there's either a convo in SD or Reports in regards to this. A player was placing a body to watch players walk by them and kill them.

To be honest, I would treat this the same as staff treat an innocent standing in the traitor room and opening it for people to come inside and killing them when they get there. It is baiting people in both instances and I would treat it like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.