ttt_shifting_labyrinth

Discussion in 'Maps' started by john redcorn, Apr 17, 2018.

1. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1358920571&searchtext=

A map based around a consisting of 25 rooms, 16 of them eligible to 'shift around' every 10 seconds or so, changing the map's layout slightly but consistently

what it offers
    -Unique map layout each round, which is constantly changing and rearranging
    - A sniper's nest in the middle, to watch the shifting in action
    -Rather small, but the dynamics can be abused by traitors to work their way to a victory

What it needs
    -potentially more player spawns
    -weapons to be armed in the non-shifting rooms, to providing caches to non-donators that won't disappear
    - mechanics tested intensively to make sure no funny business happens with the logic employed to make it work

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

Looks good! +1

3. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

tried it with wink and still haven't figured out how it moves which bugs the shit out of me.

I say we try it with a full server for starts

otherwise even if the map didn't move its a solid map, simple and relaxing visuals

4. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

This is really interesting. +1 from me.

5. A Slightly Ferocious Cat

A Slightly Ferocious Cat i guess you could say i like cats VIP

This looks pretty cool, I like the idea of the map changing things up a bit each round. It has potential to make the game play more intense. I'll go ahead and give this my +1.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Why isn't it in the server yet @Opalium

7. CrownedWings

CrownedWings Quirkless but still kickin VIP

Ive tried it out and so far I like it I just wish it was abit larger since the rooms are kinda compact

8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I saw this on the workshop last week, didn't actually expect anyone to actually suggest it let along it get positive responses.

+1.

9. BanananaHead

BanananaHead Member

As stated by the creator: "The original boardgame was a 7x7 grid, however due to technical limitations this was not archievable and i had to settle with a 5x5 grid. Since information of the game logic and the weapon spawns are shared and limited, there is only a very minimum amount of weapons on the map."
    As well as: "Map size: Small (but due to the changing layout, players might get stuck in a small area of the map until the layout changes again)"

So we're going to need to make sure that it's within the limitations of the Source engine to actually add more weapon/player spawns.
    Another issue is the size, when the server starts to reach twenty players, traitors can just coordinate C4 around the map (especially when people buy Traitor)

As stated in the original post:
    Not only would it need to be tested, but it would need to be tested with probably thirty players at least.

Going to have to be a [-1] from me for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Vent Xekart

Vent Xekart VIP Bronze

Oh, it looks interesting but seems a bit small for a TTT map to be honest. I'm not going to vote until there is a test with a full server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

+1 at least pts it.

12. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

if nexxus is backing something it's worth a look lol