ttt_alien

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Big Al, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

Hey all,

In honor of Halloween, here is the official release and suggestion for my map, ttt_alien. I made the map specifically for Serious TTT and it includes a community logo in the map for advertisement purposes.
    I don't want to spend too much time explaining the features here, because I actually made a demo video going through the map and explaining all the features in detail.

I really hope you guys consider the map for the servers, I put a ton of work into it over the past 4 days or so and I wouldn't want it to go to waste.
    Note: I know that the pre-spawned health station and DNA scanner might be an issue. If you decide to put the map up and would like them removed just let me know and I'll do a re-compile of the map without them.
    Also feel free to suggest anything for future updates/releases, or if you find any bugs let me know. We did a fairly thorough bug test so I don't think there's anything critical there.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?4f4o7vi0h71ezh2

Please comment and tell me what you think!

, Big Al

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LionDoge

LionDoge (◕‿◕) VIP

It looks cool and big. One thing I hate about big maps is people camping.
    But +1, its kewl.

3. +1
    Cool Map Interactions, would be cool if you add a button to kill the person in the tester rather than just blocking them. Might be more effective in getting people to consider testing.

4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I saw pictures of this map. Good job.
    +1 (Would love to play)

5. Nice 1+

6. Pacifist

Suggestion: Make your generic room have some kind of use to them besides looking pretty. Plz add some parkour... for me....

7. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

Yeah I agree, I kinda felt like some of the rooms lacked substance to them (bedroom, rec room etc.) but I think it's also good to have blank rooms for people to have general shenanigans in.

8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Finally a "Mapper" who actually makes maps! [​IMG]

However your trap with the litte aliens things need to go, or make it ONLY target innocents, the map will not be added otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

But it's so cool! D:
    I can probably get them to only target inno's if that's what you really want.

10. Carned

It is cool, but from previous experience of testing maps with Highwon, any NPC's that do damage have to damage innos else he won't add it.

I want to see the map added so i thought i'd give you this heads up!

11. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

Alright lol, I changed it so they only attack innocents. It's really creepy because if you're a traitor they just turn and stare at you haha.

12. Carned

Again i feel this is a problem, people will end up KOSing because they aren't attacking certain players, regardless, before you make more changes, wait for @Highwon response.

13. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

I suppose you could instate a rule where KOSing for that isn't allowed. To be fair, the headcrab AI is retarded anyways and half the time they don't target people they can see. If it ends up needing to be removed then so be it, i'm open to changing the map however you guys see fit.

14. Darth West

Darth West I am Darth West, Dark Lord of the Sith. VIP

This is amazing, I really like it. The narration was amazing and your demo was great. I love the power switch and all the secrets and the diverse traitor traps +1.

Although I do think that the "face hugger" thing needs to go. If it only attacks innocents then it would be obvious who the traitors are. I think you will have to remove it, too have a chance of having it added. Otherwise I really like the map.

15. For the problem with the T trap with the crabs maybe you could add an item that if the innocent player grabs the crabs will no longer attack you. However only maybe 1 or 2 and put them in the room where you have the health station and dna scanner. That way just on sight players wouldn't really be able to kos someone for a crab not attacking because you wouldn't know if they had the item. @Big Al

16. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

Love the map so far. I think you did a good job of balancing the map (except for the hp station lol).

17. looks like a better version of intergalactic. Replace that map with this +1

18. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

This looks really damn cool.
    +1

19. Big Al

Big Al I hit em' up VIP

@Highwon could you take a look at the map?

20. Pacifist

Agreed. I hate Intergalactic.