Accepted TTT Nuclear Power V4 - NEW RELEASE

Discussion in 'Maps' started by <[Matt]>2468rv, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Well all I had to do was an entity report on the map in hammer or use entyspy. Chances are for this to be added on the servers our developers are going to want all the things that could be exploited removed. They might be willing to allow certain easter eggs enabled when only you play. If your compile time is short I think a version without the vault bypass and the teleport would be nice. Additionally there used to be a luarun for a secret knife if I recall correctly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Neat! I was actually waiting for v4 for quite a while since v3 was taken down. Glad to see it's finally done.
    Let's have a chat in a bit. I need to ask you a few questions.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yep, that secret knife is the knife fight in the main lobby. As the map's creator, I did take the liberty of adding a few fun things for when I join. :p However as you tell, all of these are linked to my Steam ID. So unless the developers are worried about me personally joining the server and exploiting the map, there is nothing to be worried about.

Sure thing!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

oooo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Well I like the concept, but we've actually had someone put a backdoor in their map and turn themselves invisible and such. Have to assume every dev is scummy these days. I would probably expect that the vault bypass be removed, it'd be hard to notice if you bypassed it

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Well I certainly understand the concern. But if the developers could understand that there is no risk besides myself and that my intentions are pure, I would hope the map could be used in its current state (I do have a reputation to uphold as a mapper, after all) . I've never had a history of abuse and any "exploit" in the map is a leftover from development that I didn't care to remove because I knew no one else could use it. I am being as open as possible. :)

It would just be a hassle for me to re-release the map right after I posted it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

We can just remove the items in entspy, but I wanted your opinion on which ones should be kept if any.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. On another note though, do you guys have a test server? I did have a report of a crash from someone else and I just want to make sure it functions properly. I could use your help! Maybe it is their server and nothing is wrong, bu
    Ah, I see. Please only remove the lua_run for the vault named "lua_opn_vlt". The others are completely harmless, even if I was an evil developer who chose to abuse things.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Do you guys have a test server? I got a report of the map crashing - I could actually use some help diagnosing it. It could be nothing, but if it turns out to be a big issue and I have to update the map to fix things, I could just change what you're concerned with anyway.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

We do not.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. No worries! I have some other resources to test with. I don't expect it to be an issue but I like to investigate every report.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Just did some ingame playing, feels pretty much the same. I'd love to see it added to the servers as long as we remove the bad luaruns. @Opalium @Highwon

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. If you do that, is that done in a scripted way that doesn't modify the map file itself? Again, I'll emphasize that the luaruns are harmless, but if you remove them in a way that modifies the BSP file, wouldn't you run into a file mismatch error?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Given that there are no external luaruns like the last map (which is a clever way to patch maps don't get me wrong, just creates too much of a possible exploit) we could probably remove it with serverside lua

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. That would be appreciated, if you choose to do that. I'd prefer for the map itself not to be modified, and creating another version for the sake of removing luaruns would get messy with duplicate versions floating around. Feel free to remove them via serverside lua, although I do hope I'm getting my point across that there is not an issue keeping them unless you're afraid of me (and only me) bypassing the vault when I play the map on your server (which in no way I would ever abuse because that would ruin my reputation as a mapper). And in all honesty I really don't play Garry's Mod that much anymore - I just wanted to give back to the community and polish off this map and then I am moving on to other projects. I'm actually moving to the Unreal Engine next to develop for virtual reality! :)

Also, I looked into that server crash issue I mentioned earlier and I think it was isolated to that specific server. I set up my own test server and couldn't reproduce any issues - all smooth sailing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. And you know - if you would ever catch me cheating using these leftover luaruns it would be pretty obvious and you could just go ahead and ban me. I'm telling you there's really no risk here at all, but if it makes everyone more comfortable then you could certainly still remove the luaruns via serverside lua.

I just want to get this map out there - I made this for you guys to enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

All this jibber jabber that I don’t understand is confusing. Just add it already! :cool:;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Translation, stuff that auto triggers as soon as he joins on this map, blah blah blah remove blah good map :)+12

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. @Options Could you please add me on Steam? I have a test version of the map for you to try, and let me know if it still crashes for you.

There's a link to my Steam account below my profile picture.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

+1 Looks amazeballs

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.