Accepted TTT Nuclear Power V4 - NEW RELEASE

Discussion in 'Maps' started by <[Matt]>2468rv, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Hey guys! I JUST released a new version of my map TTT Nuclear Power. I added a ton of improvements and new features and I want it to be played, so I am letting all of the popular TTT communities know about it! :)

Could you please add my map to your TTT server?

Download Links

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1198663315
    Direct Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8you0244lub52xm/ttt_nuclear_power_v4_fix.bsp?dl=0
    Gamebanana: https://gamebanana.com/maps/197734

For the full changelog and list of features, see the description on the Steam Workshop!

Screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PewDiePie and Funhaus Gameplay

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

nice map +1

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

We tested this but the "Owner only door" and it's excessive size caused issues.

@XpropIayer and @Opalium can extend on these points.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boomshakalaka

Boomshakalaka VIP Bronze

Sholdve entered the 141k map contest!

5. Hmm, what are you referring to as "Owner only door"? Any bugs I found and was told about I've fixed in this brand new version. I've also addressed the map's size by adding a teleporter system to move around the map more easily. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

There was a door we couldn't open and @XpropIayer found it was associated with a Steam ID?

This was an older version of the map; like I said they can't elaborate more than myself on the issues as I was busy sorting map lists at the time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ah, I can actually elaborate on that. The "owner only" door is actually not an owner only door. That would be the vault door, and that opens by a code typed into the keypad as part of the map objective. You search the map to find a randomly generated code. It also opens by my steam ID because when I was testing the map I put that in there to save time when designing the objective. I left it in because there was no point in removing it as it isn't going to work for anyone. So, it's basically a leftover from map testing/designing. I'm actually surprised someone found that!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Options

Options Member

The map crashes on me 3.27 seconds in

9. That's strange. It's been thoroughly beta tested, and I optimized it a ton since the last version. Do you have anything funky going on with addons, or have a lot of addons enabled?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Options

Options Member

It seems to only crash when the gamemode is TTT

11. Well that's weird. The map has been fully tested and I've never had a report of that issue from anyone else, so I would say it's more than likely something to do with your specific installation of Garry's Mod. You could try re-installing Garry's Mod to see if that fixes it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Options

Options Member

Removing all logic_relays fixed the crash

13. Well, that would break map logic, but I can't say I understand why a map crash would be caused by that entity. I'm sorry you're having issues - but I still think it may be related to your installation of Garry's Mod since the map has been tested quite thoroughly. You may still want to do a clean install to see if it helps.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

this map was pretty amazing, I really wanted it to be added ;-;

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Hi Matt, really loved your map when I first tested it. The things I found that would not allow the map into the server when we tested it before were the owner bypass on the vault door, the special doors that activate only when you are online, and the luarun of an external website (which can create a backdoor). What type of luarun do you have on this map? I just woke up so I have not looked at it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Luarun has been completely removed. That was used in V3 as a map patching system and actually saved the map from a bug with the teleporters without me having to release a new version. But, that is all fixed in this version and there are no luaruns.

The vault door still has my steam ID linked to it, but I'll quote what I wrote above:
    There are no special doors that only activate when I'm online - every door is accessible by everyone. The vault opens with a keycode that is randomly generated and randomly hidden in the map each round. So, there's absolutely nothing to worry about unless you're concerned I'll open the vault door when I play on your server. But I'm no cheater ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'll check out the map today in hammer and see how it looks.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sounds good!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

There are still 5 lua runs that are hardcoded to your steamid. What are each of these for?

• Like Like x 4
  20. Wow you are thorough! Better to be safe than sorry though - that's good you look into things this closely. None are automatically activated and they are all either left over from map testing, or a few easter eggs. :) One is for the vault described above, one is for a room linked to my Steam ID that had a few teleport locations for when I was testing and debugging the map, and the other three are easter egg related - knife fight in the lobby, a gman sighting, and a fire appearance for myself. None of these are exploitable nor accessible for anyone but me. Even if I did choose to abuse them, the worst I could do is open the vault and teleport to a few random locations. But like I said, I'm no cheater. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.