Trying is the best motivation for a new start

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Cat, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Cat

Cat little lion VIP

Hi SGM!
    Not many people know me. I have been on these servers for a few years, relatively under the radar. Recently I attempted to spread my love and appreciation for the community as Deathrun staff. I wish I had done more in my time here, but that regret will only push me forward to invest myself deeply in all things I do in the future. I am heading for college soon, and I work two jobs now.

Deathrun did not ask much of me as staff, and it was short lived yet enjoyable. I have resigned to move on from SGM completely, not just to abandon my tiny, lonely post as a Deathrun moderator.
    This server was a HUGE part of my later childhood. I know people here. And the funny thing is, not anybody really knows me.
    I would like to leave now because it is a time for me to focus on myself and my closest friends. I will be attending college in Nevada in August, accepted for a pre nursing program on scholarship. I understand I have not impacted many here at SGM in my quiet time, but I have been impacted by some of you.

@ptownslayer21
    You are the funniest and most caring girl I have ever had the privilege of knowing. I know you will only do great things in your life and I appreciate my dark times being grazed by your bright, bright light. You have always been a source of uplifting for me, an inspiration for me to go out there and make this world my own. I will always be grateful of you.

@PixeL
    You remain a mystery to me. You are always so funny, and I think it says something that I send you so many cat videos throughout the day. I am grateful for the opportunity as staff, and I will always be around to giggle into the mic whenever I make you watch Instagram posts about puppies and giraffes.

@TheDarkFade
    Thank you for always letting me bully you. And really thank you for buying me Uno. We gotta play it more, maybe you and ptown can keep teaching me the ropes. You're always so kind to me, and even your dirty jokes manage to make me laugh. I appreciate your friendliness. There was never a moment I didn't feel welcomed by you.

@Teroxa
    I wish I could've gotten to know you better. Our experiences were always very casual. I'm sure SGM is lucky to have you, and I wish you the best of luck with the servers and in life.

@Wolf
    You always tease me. I get too sensitive about it sometimes, but I know you never mean to upset me. You're always here for me, to give me a chance to voice my opinion when I get talked over. You taught me Deathrun protocol and have been a great friend and a source of warm company for me. You're one more reason for me to smile.

@TrinityBlade
    You've never said an unkind word to me. You've made me rethink what it means to be staff and part of a community. Someday I'll hear your voice, but for now I'll settle for pig videos and a cough into the mic. I know that you have the best intentions, and you see the best in people. Don't ever change yourself. You stick up for things you believe in and it doesn't matter what the repercussions are- you do what you think is right and that is so admirable.

@Husky
    In the handful of times we've called, I haven't known more sense of obligation and loyalty than I have witnessed with you. I am blessed to have you as someone to call. Life gets scary and cold, but it doesn't have to be lonely. Please remember that I know I get into moods, and I push people away. But I'm right here. I'm not so far.

@Panda With a Gun
    I think we've had a random and spontaneous experience with each other. Thanks for playing PUBG with me a couple times. You're a sweet person, and I love following you around with a crowbar in TTT. I hope the world and more for you. You'll always have a comfy place here in my memories.

@Saturnity
    You can carry me in Overwatch anytime. I know I get mad easily. It just means I am frustrated because I believe you can do more and are capable of more than you show sometimes. I expect us to keep our Snapchat streak, mister. Otherwise, you're always the life of the server. Sometimes an absolute clown (<3) but lively all the same. Spread that sunshine in all aspects of your life.

@Sly
    I don't have to say anything here. You know whatever is going on in my head anyways. And this isn't your goodbye.

I tried. That is the closer here, everyone. I tried to bring happiness and laughter back to a place that is undoubtedly struggling right now. As staff, I tried to bring teamwork and understanding. I tried to bring reason. Sometimes, trying doesn't show for what you wish to change. It shows for what you may construct in the future. I will not try next time. I will do. In every way, from school to work to anything else I should choose to invest myself in. I will not try to bring kindness, I will bring it. I will not try to show everyone that there is a better way, I will be the better way.

I never expected to write this. It hasn't come out quite right. The words won't find me now.

All I can hope is that at some point, at some time, I left you with some sense of love or purpose. I hope that I was a source of good in your life, even if it was a tiny blip.

Peace, love

• Friendly Friendly x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

you did good (also I think you were the only DR mod with elite at the time although I could be wrong)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

I would say see ya, but I know this isn't going to be our goodbye. I'm sorry you had to resign today, but I will always cherish the fact that I met you and will cherish every conversation we had.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

Adios
    It was a joy to have you around

I keep seeing the team fall one by one

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Prisma

Prisma That one person who doesn't do a thing. VIP Bronze

I hope you know I never intend to hurt anyone's feelings especially yours because I consider you my friend and not some random person I just staffed with. You know I'm doing something for the better with you, @PixeL, and @Sly

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

rip no tag :(

I know we will keep in touch.

Cat: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  7. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Damn I had no idea you were staff but hey thanks for the effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

You're great @Cat
    Don't be a stranger.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

Only peace and love? You forgot positivity fake logic fan

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cat

Cat little lion VIP

@Ruki Baby I never claimed to be a Logic fan. That's not even why I said that lol. But peace and love to you all the same

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheDarkFade

TheDarkFade Russian Double Agent VIP

Sad to see ya go but hopefully I'll see ya on discord and we can "get carried" by @TrinityBlade ⚔️ on OW or we can slap some 4+ cards on him in uno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1