TowerOfDoom Glass Maze Removal

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

It's not a test of skill as much as it is a test of texture packs or trial-and-error, since you are forced to TPA out of most of the dead-ends. It's an annoying blockade that is so easily bypassed once you know the route.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Definitely agreed, a trial-and-error thing that forces you to TP out doesn't really have it's place in a climbing skill tower. I just warp'd out when I saw that part.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

It's also terrifyingly easy and can more or less be passed the first attempt.

4. Juice Juice™

Basically, pointless all-around. Just a hassle.

5. Zikeji

Only real reason it's a hassle is if you're trying to go through it quickly and you messup and have the start over :( :(: (.

But yeah, I agree.

6. veri

veri Creating Order VIP Silver

It would be really fun to have a new maze randomly generated for you each time you go. That would solve some of the problems as well as being a fun challenge to program.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Azure

Azure Into each life some rain must fall. VIP

Not with a nice set of shaders. It's pretty much impossible to see where you're going ;)

8. Zikeji

I tend to y'know, turn off shaders, when they're becoming a hassle. Then I can flip them back on later.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tinbuster00

Tinbuster00 See you on the forums! VIP Silver Emerald

The second maze I don't recall having that issue but neither really matches the parkour style you'd expect.

I wouldn't mind as much if you could checkpoint in each room. I'll make it to that fence jump in the room after the piston room only to walk off without jumping. Then I'll quit cause it's not worth spending another 10 minutes to get back there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StrayHunter

StrayHunter Emerald

its pretty easy
    ill show you the way for 5k$ if you are this mad

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Juice Juice™

I'm not mad. I just find it pointless, and not in tune with parkor, and the trial-and-error until victory approach turns off a lot of people.

12. EhhChris

EhhChris Advisor. VIP Silver Emerald

So the TOD was actually something I built several years ago, and while not many people really finished it, there are a few levels I'm not very happy with.

The glass maze, the dark maze on I believe floor 8 (stupid easy with fullbright), and the ice/lava spelunking that can be bypassed now by walking in the center of the block edges. I'd totally be interesting in replacing these floors with something more skill based.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I totally agree with this, luckily someone showed me the way in the glass maze for free. It would be a lot less painstakingly hard if we had some form of checkpoint. While it's super easy once you know the path it's still a pain in the ass to start all over if you get stuck on the next levels after it or die and then get forced to start over from the bottom.

And maybe not completely remove it but maybe a revamp? The tower isn't impossible, and it even warns you at the begining of the tower that it'll be stressful. :p I wouldn't blame @Silent Artemis for wanting it to get removed from the TOD, spent an hour or so on that one level trying to figure it out myself until I gave up.

14. Juice Juice™

I already got past it, even before I made the post. It just doesn't belong :L

15. Maybe not, any new ideas for levels if it does get removed?