Top 10 Killers

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by GuyOfRainbows, Feb 4, 2017.

1. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

With the addition of the top 10 killers on the server, it adds a whole new level of competition in the server. But, I have noticed that some players have been abusing this and boosting with their friends. I think the only way to prevent this is to make it so that it has to be a unique kill every day for it to count. This way, it will prevent people from not only boosting, but from spawn camping as well. They can kill the same person over and over, but only one kill will count towards the leaderboards, then if they go and kill a new person that day, that would also count. If they go back the 2nd day and kill that 1st person, once again it would count as a kill and cannot receive a "kill" on the leaderboards from that person until the next day. I don't know how this would be done, but I think it is a very big problem that has to be fixed before boosters take over the leaderboard.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kemal

Kemal VIP Emerald

I wouldn't call casual pvp in /warp pvp boosting, but ok.

3. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

I see not benefit for boosting one's kill count, I would agree that this was an issue if people were rewarded by end of week for their placement on these lists. If one of these boosters were to go like "Man look at all of these kills I have" you would know they boosted so it's rather pointless to care about the lack of work they put into their PVPing.

Are you suggesting that If X kills Y, that's a unique kill. If X kills Y again, it's not a unique kill unless X kills Z? That's a bit silly if you ask me since this boosting is again not that big of an issue. Spawn camping will always be a problem anyway. If a user can't boost his stats, what will still prevent him from spawn camping a user? You'd need a mod to stop that.

I see no benefit in this. If people wish to boost I believe they should be allowed. I would be 100% in favor of this however if these boosters were rewarded for their efforts by the end of the week/month.

4. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

I just think the leaderboards should be something that players should compete for, boosting takes away that competition and thus a cool feature of the server.

5. CorallocinB

Well here's another thing: If X were to kill Y, 3 hours later X kills Y again. Is that not a unique kill?

PvP is killing people, whether or not it's unique shouldn't matter. The only thing I would be for is the chat spam that this PvP boosting would produce should be punished and thus PvP boosting would be lessened.

@Disruptionz

6. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

X can kill Y again, but it wouldn't count to the pvp leaderboard UNLESS, it was 24 hours after the last time X killed Y.

7. CorallocinB

That's the issue though, if this is a problem about boosting why would X killing Y right now, and then 1-3 hours from now not be considered unique as that would hardly be considered boosting?

8. GuyOfRainbows

GuyOfRainbows Member

Perhaps not 24 hours, we could find a healthy medium that works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CorallocinB

With that said

@irritatingness @Deathbyrussian

Thoughts?

I'd also like to mention if we get the PvP Cooldown that disables itself once the user who died gets into combat, it can still be abused.