To Finally Be Rid Of This...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Aarow, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Lately when having a nice conversation in shoutbox, I'll have people constantly bring up this strawman argument of "Don't listen to Aarow. The fool compared himself to Steve Jobs lmao xd"

So I'm here to set the record straight so people like Xpro and others cannot use that invalid argument against me.

Yes, I compared myself to Steve Jobs in a way, but not the way that immediately goes through your head when you hear that statement.

Someone said, "Inventors. Now they're the ones that make money," in a rather pleasant talk about business affairs like stocks and crypto. I responded, "You'd think so, but it's actually the businessmen that make the most money. Take Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Wozniak was the inventor. Jobs was the businessman. Wozniak's highest net worth was seemingly huge, at a lofty $100 million. However, in comparison to Jobs, this was infinitesimally small. Steve Jobs had a net worth of $10.4 billion."

((Sidenote: There are other instances in history of this occurring. Another notorious case is Thomas Edison vs. Nikola Tesla. Thomas Edison was nowhere near the level of Tesla, but he was a better businessman. Which died broke, and which died a multimillionaire legend of his time?))

Xpro latched onto this mention of a great's name and said the strawman, "So you're comparing yourself to Steve Jobs?"

I responsed, "Well, yeah, I guess so. In a way. I, too, am a businessman, and not an inventor."

Xpro ignored this latter part, and just heard "yeah," then proceeded to fill shoutbox with the dishonest misinformation that I'm some arrogant elitist who thinks he's as great as Steve Jobs. He has continuously done so every single day no matter what is going on until he's gathered a sizable crowd to gang up on me.

As you can see, he's misconstrued what I've said in order to gain an imaginary upper hand whenever I say anything whatsoever that someone somehow disagrees with. Even offhanded jokes like "Anime animators have never touched a boob lol" is somehow reason to gang up on me now.

Disclaimer: Xpro is not the only one, but I don't remember who else.

This is not me reporting harassment, this is me ending it on my own, responsibly and respectfully, by quelling this absurdly misrepresented argument. Thank you for reading. :)

The argumentative point was whether inventors or businessmen were more successful. I don't know what Xpro's been thinking this whole time lol

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Dumb x 9
    • Funny x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Confusing x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  2. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

atleast u didnt compare urself to the great movie The Last Jedi /shrug

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Xpro just doesn't want others to know they're better than him at something. Don't let it get to ya ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

f

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

You said you'd be a millionare in 8 years. But you'd live modest and only own a camaro and a house in the suburbs and give the rest back to charity because thats what God wants. You talk about making all of said money in investments, but if you were giving it all to charity why invest in the first place when you could give the money to those charities. Additionally you've stated that you'll be making over 100k per year due to a comp sci degree (or something IT related). The fact of the matter is you don't have these items set as goals in your mind, you have them set as already being done. Last I checked people like Notch, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, and most popular twitch streamers did not go into business with the attitude of "I'm going to be rich". They were supervised when it happened. Your ego is so huge that you do not have the personality to become a millionaire. I have a huge ego and I don't believe I'll be a millionare, I plan to maybe end up as a manager or director at a company somewhere and do that. I don't expect to be some C level exec or a million / billionare.

Additionally I will abuse my sb logs here to further drive a nail in.

1/17 1:36:14 Aarow: cuz I'm cranky Destiny let me be. I'm a college student doing last minute math hw
    Don't think these people ended up rich by doing their work last minute, it was through hard work. Nor did they spend lots of time on a gaming community talking about how they'd be rich.

1/17 1:39:50 Aarow: got a job in sight, good pay good benefits. Gonna work all the time. I'll get up a couple thousand easy if I put in the effort. From there, it begins.
    1/17 1:41:48 Aarow: luckily my parents are gonna help to bail me out a little at the start, give me some leg-room. Our plan is saving me from paying for this surgery, too, so that's out of the way. Got a trust fund from rich grandparents that I can only open for college, but once I graduate I can open it for anything.
    So the plan is just rags to riches get rich quick methods?

1/17 in general, believing Bogdanoff.
    heh.

1/17 1:57:14 Xproplayer: cyrptocurrency is a bubble
    1/17 1:57:47 Aarow: they said the same thing about the internet Xpro
    1/17 1:58:15 Xproplayer: when you can get lil ol granny using a bitcoin wallet, i'll be impressed
    1/17 1:58:37 Aarow: lil ol granny ain't cut out for this
    So I'm pretty sure cryptocurrency will fail, not because of the tech. But because it's too advanced, it's great for smart people but the average person isn't smart, they are average and therefore you can't get mass adoption without having things like online wallets and such at which point kind of ruins the whole security. Blockchain technology is all that matters.

1/17 2:4:7 Aarow: this is a modern day gold rush
    1/17 2:4:53 Xproplayer: wasnt gold rush working hard
    speaks for itself, sitting and watching tickers go up and down and reading a whitepaper or two isn't hard work

1/17 2:10:4 Aarow: I'm going to be rich, but not soon. Right now is the beginning.
    1/17 2:10:36 Aarow: Xpro my job is literally going to be 6 figures on its own
    1/17 2:15:6 Aarow: there's no "method" there's just natural ability
    Entitlement and an ego

1/17 2:17:42 Aarow: Xpro I'm hella business savvy. I'll be fine.
    I'll refer to previous points about actual rich people not being this arrogant

1/17 2:20:14 Aarow: the people afraid to compare themselves to the greats are the ones who never become great
    You end up comparing yourself to multiple rich people, again entitlement.

1/17 2:21:42 Aarow: I'm not the next Steve Jobs
    I'll not abuse my logs to pick and chose, you did indeed confirm you aren't the next steve jobs

1/17 2:26:26 Aarow: not the next Steve Jobs. I'm gonna be my own guy.
    However, you basically say you're going to be rich, still entitlement.

1/17 2:24:16 Aarow: everything I do is for God and for those that need help
    Enforcing my previous points

1/17 2:28:33 Aarow: not overconfident, just faithful
    I think you're far beyond overconfident.

1/17 2:31:39 Aarow: wrong. I keep it and reinvest it and reinvest and reinvest then I can help more
    Regarding giving your money to charity vs investing. Seems greedy.

Sadly my logs do not catch everything, they were designed for catching general trends of toxicity.
    But in summary, you are too cocky, and the fact that you can't be humble or listen to other peoples opinions solidifies. This is just 1 type of long winded conversation, I believe there were at least 2 others and @Casual can probably provide some more insight into your mind than I can.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Also I decided to check the next convo for anything weird and this was at the top.

1/20 15:53:6 Aarow: mentally ill people have a history that is almost equal to black people's

1/20 16:7:1 Aarow: Xpro i don't assume unless I know I'm right

1/20 16:7:23 Aarow: I'm a lot more experienced in the world of mental illness than the people here

1/22 18:6:43 Aarow: it's cool but it just goes into code, latches onto your #FFFFFF and then inputs it as his own
    1/22 18:7:46 Aarow: I just wanna know what program Xpro runs his code on. Idk of a program for coding a forum messaging system lol
    1/20 16:51:18 Aarow: I should make a program like Xpro's to record sb with lol but it sounds like it takes a lot of power
    Enforcing previous points, lack of knowledge about computers / it / programming

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Etched

Etched That One Gay Guy VIP

Sorry autocorrect, L*

• Dumb x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Confusing x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Oh boy, here comes Xpro again.

1. It's a lot easier to be rich when you don't lavishly spend. Most people don't get that. That's how my grandparents got rich.
    2. I'm not giving any to charity. Charities are corrupt 99% of the time. I'll be using it to help people directly rather than throw it at a charity to feel better about myself. The whole point is to help people. You lose sight of that if you just throw a couple bucks at a charity. I'm talking hands-on.
    3. Yes, a computer science degree will get me a 6 figure salary. I don't see them as already being done, please do not speak on what I see like you see through my eyes.
    4. Steve Jobs did say "I'm going to be rich." So, there's that. Elon Musk did, too.
    5. What do you mean they were supervised? They were not lol. None of those people were.
    6. My ego isn't huge as again I'm not doing this for myself.

Alright, next part.

Spoken like a true non-computer scientist. As my professor and Bill Gates himself have always said, "We want the lazy people. Those are the people that make the best programmers, because they don't want to do unnecessary work."

However, I have always put hard work into many non-scholarly pursuits. Please do not act like school is everything in life.

No, it's not through get rich quick methods wtf. "Gonna work all the time. I'll get a couple thousand easy if I put in the effort." That really sounds like a get rich quick scheme? That sounds like hard work, my guy.

And my inheritance is not going to make me rich on its own. It's a good start, but it's no small loan of a million dollars lol :ROFLMAO: I will need to use it very wisely if I want to grow it.

I told everyone I neither believe nor disbelieve him. I am apathetic. My personal experiences with rich people have told me you cannot spot most of them out of a crowd.

"I'm going to be rich, BUT NOT SOON." Yeah, totally entitled. I'll admit a little ego'd, but contrary to popular belief, believing you can do something is step one towards accomplishing it. I hate this current "hate yourself" thing going on in society. You're allowed to have confidence without having to be an arrogant asshole.

Anything you are that people consider themselves not to be comes off as arrogant to them. I am indeed extremely business savvy for my age. I'm not ashamed to admit my pros unlike you ironically seem to be.

Again, not wanting to learn from those that did it before you is Step 1 in failing at life.

Not entitled. You confuse entitled with confidence and aspiration. I have left several context clues alluding to how hard it will be to get there and earn that.

Spending money to make money so you have more money to give isn't greedy and doesn't sound greedy. It sounds like logical reasoning. The more money you make, the more you have to give away. I could give away all my possessions right now, about $10,000 not counting my trust fund. Okay. I give someone $10,000 and die homeless. Or, I could keep working that grind, save up, invest, reinvest, make $100,000, then eventually $1,000,000, and I have the ability to make a hell of a lot bigger impact. I could give way more than $10,000 while reinvesting and making more to give again way more than $10,000. Instead of one little $10,000, I'll be giving several. And not just to charities like you keep saying. I'm going to be actually helping people myself. That is my ultimate goal in life. Getting rich is a means to an end. And that end is to help people.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

lol good luck in life ur gonna need it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Aarow

Aarow VIP

This is all correct. Look up Eastern State Penitentiary and tell me that isn't almost - if not entirely - equal to the conditions of black slavery.

And the staff already know my reasons for how I know more about the world of mental illness than the people that were arguing against me.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  11. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Source? A quick google search brings no results. I read facts about Elon musk like launching a video game at age 12 or 13, living on $1 a day, working very hard, starting a nightclub (idfk) in college, the list goes on. Don't see much about arguing on gaming forums 24/7.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Aarow has been unable to prove anything, and has lost the argument.

https://i.imgur.com/4FEi9eA.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

You guys would both be billionaires if you put all this energy into something useful and not stupid arguments

• Funny x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  14. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

Don't let your memes be dreams

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Take it to the pms before final warnings are in place @MiGGo

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

you guys are both arguing about hypotheticals and neither of you have any point.

"I'm gonna be rich"
    "No you're not"
    there's literally no talking points that aren't baseless assumptions/predictions

The winner will be settled in 8 years when we see whether or not Aarow's goal has come to fruition, so arguing about it now makes you guys both look dumb. Nobody can predict the future, maybe Aarow will get hit by a car and get a phat insurance claim and use it to make it big. Life's a fucking mess and can't be predicted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Does anyone actually care about anything said in this thread by either of you?:sleep:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Post count baby

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

#beef #mma #KO #onepunchman

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  20. Flan

Flan Banned VIP

So this whole thread was made just because you compared yourself with steve jobs?
    K, lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.